GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Welp, I hope that the only reason that Lovejoy is this bad is because Hyne's is trying to give him Larsson's minutes.

Offense is a little snake-bitten, but we're still a very outclassed team. At least in every game besides the Ducks one.

Schneider is why we may win quite a few. As usual.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Hall Henrique Palmieri
Cammalleri Zacha Parenteau
Kalinin Zajac Bennett
Josefson Fiddler Boucher

That's what i'd like to see next game; DSP has been consistently awful, he needs to sit for a game.

Zacha has looked decent, give him some actual talent to play with, perhaps he can get Cammalleri going.

Bennett needs to shift back to his natural right wing.

The fourth line looked alright tonight, keep them together for a bit.

Right now both Cammy and Parenteau are sucking just as much as anyone else. Not sure they help.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I hope that Cammy is just shaking off rust, he missed the last half of the year. He could also decline at any point now though, he is 34 with a long list of injuries.

Greene is another guy who looks like he has lost a step.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Welp, I hope that the only reason that Lovejoy is this bad is because Hyne's is trying to give him Larsson's minutes.

Offense is a little snake-bitten, but we're still a very outclassed team. At least in every game besides the Ducks one.

Schneider is why we may win quite a few. As usual.

He isn't playing top pairing, he is a 3rd pairing dman on the 2nd pair.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Do you stick Henrique on the wing just to get him going?

We have LWers already, not enough centers who can play top 6. So no.

I'd give Hall-Rico-Bennett another shot.

2nd line LW is an issue. Boucher?-Zajac-Palmeri

Camm-Zacha-DSP

Kalinin-Fiddler-JJ

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
I hope that Cammy is just shaking off rust, he missed the last half of the year. He could also decline at any point now though, he is 34 with a long list of injuries.

Greene is another guy who looks like he has lost a step.

The eye test says there's not much wrong with Camm to this point, in my opinion. I think he's just snake bitten.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Yea I communicated poorly. I mean to say that would be his only excuse for playing this poorly.

I just don't think he is that good. He is definitely not a top 4 Dman. If he was on the 3rd pair and on top PK unit I think it would be alright.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
LJ is fighting it so far, completely overwhelmed.

He needs to be much better.
I could say the same for around 4 other mainstays too so far.

Though its still a very small sample size i have not liked what I've seen since preseason.

We have been a light permiter team of puck chasers.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Do you stick Henrique on the wing just to get him going?

I think this is just kind of the player he is. He had a 4 goal in 28 game span last year and still ended up with 30. He doesn't usually start the season this cold though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think this is just kind of the player he is. He had a 4 goal in 28 game span last year and still ended up with 30. He doesn't usually start the season this cold though.

He's not shooting enough and making poor decisions so far.

Hynes needs to separate him & Camm tomorrow.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I want to see Zacha with Hall

Yep same. Hall has zero assists and zero ES points. The line isn't working. Need someone with some speed and offensive instincts.

What sucks is that we're just confirming what I'm sure Hall was worried about when he got traded here. That we're a boring, low scoring team that beats the offense out of talented players. Not a good first impression.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yep same. Hall has zero assists and zero ES points. The line isn't working. Need someone with some speed and offensive instincts.

What sucks is that we're just confirming what I'm sure Hall was worried about when he got traded here. That we're a boring, low scoring team that beats the offense out of talented players. Not a good first impression.

Confirming that you wish we played a style like the high scoring Rags?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

At the moment, who would that be?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
At the moment, who would that be?

Certainly not Zajac and PA. They are so much slower than Hall. I'd put him with Zacha. Yes, he's not as good possession wise. What good is possession if you don't do anything with it? Zacha has made some brilliant passes this year that Zajac can't make.

Hall-Zacha-Bennett
Camm-Henrique-PA
Bouch-Zajac-Palmieri
Kalinin-Fiddler-DSP

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

This is so absurd.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Zajac should play with Palmieri. Palmieri has that crazy shoot mentality so Zajac can feast on rebounds and score his garbage goals as he isn't talented enough to create anything for him or his linemates.

Hall needs a guy who can handle passes and his an offensive threat on his own so the opp defense doesn't just focus on him all the time.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
It's starting to get beyond annoying that no matter how the line up changes or who is in charge of the team, we still can't score. Deboer is gone and there was a ton of roster turn over and we still can't generate good scoring chances consistently. It's so boring to watch. It's expected when we play the Bruins but it's been this way each game so far.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
At this point, I'd be willing to experiment with a line of Hall, Zacha, and Henrique. Only time Henrique has really looked good recently was when he was with Hall, and Zacha seemed to have chemistry with Hall last night. We need to get Hall producing at even strength, Rico producing at all, and Zacha deserves a bigger opportunity. Just my two cents, but we do know Hall and Rico was working together. Why not go back to it and get at least one line going well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad