GDT: Devils vs. Blues - STAR WARS NIGHT - 7:30PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They desperately need to gut out a win Sunday so they can go into the next road trip with some semblance of confidence.

We had a good record against the Rags last year I think.

I think we were 3-1-0 against them.

And no getting outshot 36-21 or some **** by them, no excuses to get outshot by that team like that.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Here's what a good lineup would look like:

Hall-CENTER-RIGHT WING
LEFT WING-Henrique-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zajac-Parenteau
Wood-Fiddler-Lappin

LEFT D-Right D
Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Quincey

Schneider
Kinkaid

To be considered a contender. We are missing serious pieces.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm also starting to think that Zacha is hurt worse than we are being told. A cut to the face is often stitched up and a guy may miss a few shifts. This is multiple games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm also starting to think that Zacha is hurt worse than we are being told. A cut to the face is often stitched up and a guy may miss a few shifts. This is multiple games.

Yeah it's beyond a bad cut...this seems more like a bone fracture somewhere.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Here's what a good lineup would look like:

Hall-CENTER-RIGHT WING
LEFT WING-Henrique-Palmieri
Cammalleri-Zajac-Parenteau
Wood-Fiddler-Lappin

LEFT D-Right D
Greene-Severson
Auvitu-Quincey

Schneider
Kinkaid

To be considered a contender. We are missing serious pieces.

Zajac is a 2C on a contending team. Cammalleri is not a third liner. Henrique is not a center.

If you ask me, we're missing a #1C and 2 top four defensemen.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Zajac is a 2C on a contending team. Cammalleri is not a third liner. Henrique is not a center.

If you ask me, we're missing a #1C and 2 top four defensemen.

Agreed about Henrique. I would like him to go back to wing. Maybe when Zacha comes back try:

Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Henrique-Zacha-Cammalleri

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't get why anyone would want to drop Camm below a top six winger. Camm has 55 points in 63 games as a Devil, if that's not a top six winger then we really have no shot of getting another one in the next five years.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I just checked and there is a grand total of zero decent centers hitting the free agent market. The only one is Leon Draisaitl which would require a large offer sheet.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get why anyone would want to drop Camm below a top six winger. Camm has 55 points in 63 games as a Devil, if that's not a top six winger then we really have no shot of getting one in the next five years.

People tend to go a bit to far with lineup changes when things are going poorly.

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The D as a whole past Sevs and Greene has been a mess, but I want to give Quincey the benefit of the doubt since he's playing the wrong side.

I would love to see what

Green-Sevs
Quincey-Santini
Moore-Lovejoy

looks like.

I seriously don't know what has to happen for Santini to get a shot at this point.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I don't get why anyone would want to drop Camm below a top six winger. Camm has 55 points in 63 games as a Devil, if that's not a top six winger then we really have no shot of getting another one in the next five years.

I'm just having a hard time configuring a decent lineup. Our right wing options are a half assed Palmieri... a one goal in 13 games Parenteau.... then DSP Who has been a ghost and Lappin.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The D as a whole past Sevs and Greene has been a mess, but I want to give Quincey the benefit of the doubt since he's playing the wrong side.

I would love to see what

Green-Sevs
Quincey-Santini
Moore-Lovejoy

looks like.

I seriously don't know what has to happen for Santini to get a shot at this point.

He's been hurt, and why are we benching Auvitu?

VoidCreature

Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's been hurt, and why are we benching Auvitu?

Flip a coin at this point. I loved Auvitu early, but he's not shooting nearly as much and he gets bodied off the puck like he's not even there.

He made a ridiculously poor pinch on Fabbri's second goal, too. Parenteau showed more hustle than him getting back on that play.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I would love to see what

Green-Sevs
Quincey-Santini
Moore-Lovejoy

looks like.

Part of me wants to bump Lovejoy up with Greene and have them play the Greene-Larsson role from last year...but I just can't make those other two pairings work. There's just too much sameness between Auvitu, Moore, Quincey and Sevs. They really do need to get Santini here one way or another though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Throwing the lines into a blender isn't going to change anything.

They need to play better. It is as simple as that. Everyone has played irresponsible hockey and they all look gassed.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Part of me wants to bump Lovejoy up with Greene and have them play the Greene-Larsson role from last year...but I just can't make those other two pairings work. There's just too much sameness between Auvitu, Moore, Quincey and Sevs.

Greene-Lovejoy
Quincey-Severson

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Moore has been the worst of the 6 all year. His advanced stats suck and he looks bad to the eye test.

He makes an occasionally smart pass for an assist before going back to sucking, but it saves his job.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Greene-Lovejoy
Quincey-Severson

I'll take my chances with that and Auvitu-Santini as the third pairing, but that would require streeting Merrill and press boxing Moore who's still the organization's pet. I'm operating under the premise Moore isn't getting scrached sadly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That top pair is to slow and Severson is going to have a nightmare covering Quincy and won't be able to help offensively.

Hynes only uses Lovejoy with Greene on the PK for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad