GDT: Devils vs. Blues - STAR WARS NIGHT - 7:30PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
The fact that 9 of our wins were when we were trailing after the first or second period doesn't really back that up though.

but look at our corsi when trailing... they always got crushed possession-wise when trailing... that preds game they got lucky as hell, but they were badly outplayed in the 3rd period.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The PK has been fine, it's like the only thing that's been good.

We gave up a PP goal but it was a 5 on 3.

I almost like watching us on the PK these days, it's the only time in a game where we play good defense.

Yeah, I was more thinking of the PP. That's a nightmare.

Also, we take way too many penalties, a symptom of our sloppy play.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I see Jake Allen with a drip of sweat.

Maybe it's hot down there by the ice.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Majority of our wins are come from behind so no it isn't. Don't post made up stuff.

How many times do we generate nothing when losing?

Oh, all the other times when we lose and don't win, aka the majority.

Don't assert the minority is the norm.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
but look at our corsi when trailing... they always got crushed possession-wise when trailing... that preds game they got lucky as hell, but they were badly outplayed in the 3rd period.

At least for the Nashville, Montreal and tonight's game, I would agree.

It's one thing to get outshot when leading but we're being badly outshot when we're down by not one but multiple goals.

I'm annoyed with Hiney Head, don't wanna hear **** out of him until he can remember how to coach defense again.

And if this strategy is supposed to help the offense, it hasn't helped in the last few games at all.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Shots do not always equal effort level. If they were truly lazy when trailing they wouldn't have nearly as many wins when trailing.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching Kalinin and his weak shot is hilarious. There's probably better shooters on some of the high school teams in the area.

Certainly can't be any sweat from making saves.

I work harder taking a whiz than Allen or Price have had to in the last 2 games.

Maybe even Rinne too, he just stunk that game.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
These arguments are all pointless. The devils are a bad team with some good players. Just enjoy taylor ham and hope we can pull out at least one win against the skirts this sunday or next sunday

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Most of the time. The majority of our loses have been from not being able to hold leads.

I'd love to see a breakdown of this. I'm at a bar and can't do that leg work.

If it bears out the way you say, I'll take it on the chin. My memory doesn't comport with what you're saying.

Also, my contention had nothing to do with our wins. I was saying when we're behind we generate very little pressure on the aggregate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad