Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Camm is panicking with the puck.
Just turning it right over on the PP.
I would rather see BB on the PP.

But Hynes will give Camm more time since he'd a proven vet.

Camm, Palm, Rico need to wake the heck up

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Was at the game, in the restaurant actually. Sitting with a table ledge in front of you with free food is pretty magnificent. Need to find a way to do that again.

I though we outplayed them for most of the game. Made a couple of key mistakes, and Corey Crawford out battled Kinkaid. I think we win this one with Cory in net.

Zacha had a marvelous game. I can't understand why he and Hall aren't considered inseparable yet. Every time they're out there together it's magic.

Sucks to lose this one, but we're right there. We have been all year. If we can win one or two of the next three, all against the Bolts and Panthers, we'll be in great shape. We don't get out first opportunity to really pile up the points until we face the Canes and Sabres 2 times each right after that.

This team could make the playoffs. I don't know if we will, but we definitely can.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
anytime Palms, Rico and Cam wanna show up that would be great

That's our biggest problem right now. If 2 out of those 3 were producing like we know they're capable of, we'd probably have won tonight. Unfortunately we made a couple of mistakes and, say what you want to about Chicago, but they've still got the guns to make you pay for it.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It will be nice when (if?) Cammalleri, Palmieri and Henrique collectively remove their cranium from their respective rectum.

Does anyone else cringe every time Cammalleri touches the puck?

Where is the Palmieri who was deadly on the PP last year?

Adam? Is anyone home?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm surprised by the hating on Chicago. Yeah, they're not as strong as they were a couple years ago but they're also still loaded with talent. Despite the loss, I thought it was an encouraging sign that NJ played a strong game against them. There was a lot to like from this game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm surprised by the hating on Chicago. Yeah, they're not as strong as they were a couple years ago but they're also still loaded with talent. Despite the loss, I thought it was an encouraging sign that NJ played a strong game against them. There was a lot to like from this game.

It was highly annoying by our msg crew tonight talking about Chicagos pk struggles over and over and ovek. Like they wanted to jinx the game.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I don't understand why the coaching staff is ******* around, and not putting players back with guys they had chemistry with.

Henrique and Cammy looked great together and Cam was on a point per game. Resurrect that pairing and find someone with speed on the right wing to emulate Stemp.

Palms and Zajac played the whole year together. Put them back together and put Boosh on that line and just let them work a bit.

Get those guys comfortable and we'll get secondary scoring.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Agreed, especially when the NJ powerplay is far from automatic. It's just an annoying broadcast in general.

And they are forcefeeding Johnny Mac too much this season.

They need to let the game breathe little more often.

I honestly mute Deb when they cut to her.

Tomorrow is going to be very tough. I hope Cory gives them a lift.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was amazed how tightly they were grabbing sticks. They had some chances, but that 4min pk was a killer.

True, maybe they survive if only 2 minutes.
It was careless and a bad play by Vern.

If no penalty was taken we prob win 3-1 with an ENG.

On the tying goal allowed we did not defend well in tight.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I think people are prematurely pronouncing Chicago dead. With a core of Toews, Kane, Panarin, Keith and Seabrook minor tweaks to a team that good is all that is needed.

No guarantee Panarin is there after this year and who knows how they'll have to juggle the roster to keep him.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
We gotta just learn how to kill teams off, we've blown three 3rd period leads in 7 games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've said it since last year, teams seem to pull their goalie early against us. A few seconds earlier than otherwise, even considering that teams are now pulling their goalies earlier than ever. And the Chicago coaching staff would know that better than anyone, if they remember their game here last year. When they pulled their goalie with about about 7 minutes left and all we did was to defend the entire time. We never even got an empty netter in all that time. We were up by 3 goals, so them scoring one goal wasn't such a big deal.

I feel like we really have to pull out all the stops to kill 6 on 5 or 6 on 4 advantages. We really struggle to score empty netters. Even against Arizona, I recall some close and scary moments. Against Anaheim maybe, although not quite as bad as Arizona.

We really didn't have time to score an empty netter tonight, as the goalie was out for literally 5 seconds before the tying goal happened. But I do feel like we struggle mightly to clear the zone and go for empty nets when the other team has their goaltender pulled.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was actually a good pull. They seemed to catch us off guard with the extra attacker.

I'm not sure they tie it up if Joel keeps Crawford in the net.

I don't think they would have either, at least not on the PP.

Maybe later on when Fiddler was out of the box.

It seems like we were killing it, Kinkaid was making the saves. Had that 2 on 1 too.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
DSP is another guy I'm growing tired of.

I'm ready to put BB in that spot and being Boosh back in.

On the plus side Lappin looked quite good tonight.

Remember when he got top 6 minutes and actually produced way over his skill? He seems to play to his line assignment. "Coach thinks I suck so I must suck." and proves them right. He needs to watch some Islander games and watch their 4th line dominate shifts at a time.

Lol. I. Zajac gets far too much grief. I love him.

Agreed. He's frustrating at times offensively but he's really the geeky kid next door that you want your daughter to steer clear of until she turns 25 having dated a bunch of flashy losers and you realize how horrible the average guy is and then beg her to give him a chance because he is everything that's important when you boil it down.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
I read somewhere that Chicago only has 5 forwards that earn more then 925.000. The cap really screwed them or them managing the cap. They're still a good team that could be there in june.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad