GDT: Devils vs. Blackhawks - 7:30PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What does last year have to do with tonight? At all???

Bottom line is it's not on Kinkaid like some people, not you specifically, are making it seem. He wouldn't even be in the top 5 of reasons why we lost. If I had to make a list I'd say 1. Coaching 2. Fiddlers dumb, lazy penalty 3. Auvitus turnover 4. Coaching and 5. Coaching

I can't blame coaching too much, outside of benching Boucher.

We need more scorers/snipers and Boucher is that. A lot of these middling guys don't have a shot anywhere near as good as Boucher's.

I can pull out all my hair (might be easier than a haircut) if Hiney Head puts in JJ tomorrow.

Then I'll definitely blame coaching.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Zajac wasn't the problem either.

You guys need to stop.

We take a double minor late in the third and got beat.

We turned over the puck in the offensive zone 3 on 3 with Panarin on the ice and got beat.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Do you honestly think that was the problem here?

I think when you have two players with good chemistry thanks to speed and skill that helps create a lot of space and scoring chances not playing together there is a bit of a problem. I also think when you choose not to use them in OT to end the game right then and there that is also a problem.

Coaching was the biggest issue this game IMO. The PP, specifically that second unit, needs to be worked on and have some different players on it.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
They dominated because the Hawks are not good. Zacha played with Hall by accident for 10 seconds and set up one of the best chances of the game. It's absolutely asinine to break that up. You could create a checking with Zajac that doesn't include Hall and Zacha to shut down the Hawks top line. You know, like they did in the previous 3 wins. It's like he can't help himself with this line shuffling crap.

He really outcoached himself. He thought he needed a defensive presence on the top line to shut the other top line down, but all it did was shut his top line down.

I wonder if Tampa will replace Stamkos with Brian Boyle on the top line because Taylor Hall is good offensively. It makes no sense.

Just go with our best line, especially when your team can't score to save their lives.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah kinkaid looked bad on the tying goal regardless of Quincy having his head up his ass and not being in position to cover that area.

Come on man, the tying goal? I'd give him less blame on that than any of the goals he allowed tonight.

Nothing he could on that one at all.

I don't blame Hynes for playing Zajac with Hall and Palmieri, especially with Kinkaid in there against a superior offensive team.

Now if it were frickin Kalinin like last year, I would have ripped my hair out and bled more than Ric Flair after blading himself, just from banging my head against a wall too many times.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Zajac has actually looked relatively competent offensively this year. Zacha and Hall had ONE game where they looked really good. It's not like he tore about the Sedins.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think when you have two players with good chemistry thanks to speed and skill that helps create a lot of space and scoring chances not playing together there is a bit of a problem. I also think when you choose not to use them in OT to end the game right then and there that is also a problem.

Coaching was the biggest issue this game IMO. The PP, specifically that second unit, needs to be worked on and have some different players on it.

You also think Kinkaid is at least a good part of tonight's problems so anything said should be taken with a grain of salt...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You can't even blame this on Zajac when that line created a golden go ahead chance that Hall flubbed early in the third, and Hall later made the go ahead goal happen.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zajac is not nearly as bad offensively as Brian Boyle.

Brian Boyle with Stamkos is like JJ or Fiddler playing with Hall and Palmieri, not Zajac.

Brian Boyle is barely better at offense than Kalinin or JJ, Zajac is twice as good at offense Boyle.

Come on man.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Also why were Hall and Zacha separated 5 on 5. They looked so good together. Is Hynes overthinking these lines? I mean we can all see who generate offense when they play together, who cares if he's 19. Zajac played a great game but still I just don't get it. I really like Hynes but I question that one for sure. Ugh I'm just so angry about this game. I'm literally shaking I'm so angry. I know pathetic.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
You don't see the difference between a green as grass Zacha and Boyle?

Of course, I do. I'm just saying there's no need to sacrifice offense so you can have a better defensive player. Especially when you can still match that player against opp top line since we're the home team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Taking a 4 minute minor with 6 to go was the biggest issue in this game.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
You also think Kinkaid is at least a good part of tonight's problems so anything said should be taken with a grain of salt...

I think Kinkaid could have played that tying goal much better. And that opinion doesn't negate the rest of my point.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Seems like a bit of bad luck.

It's funny, I feel like we've played well in all of our losses. Just a couple bad bounces and unlucky events.

Sucks to give points away like that, but the effort seems to be there.

This is how I feel. We just need to tighten up and get a little more scoring depth. And three of our biggest guns are ice cold right now.

I mean, two years ago, could you really imagine out-possessing Chicago for most of a game? A goal by one of Cammalleri, Palms or Rico gives us the insurance to win most nights like this.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Considering he's talked previously about not wanting to put too much on Zacha too fast, I am going to guess Hynes' thought process with moving Zajac up was that he didn't want to put having to go against both Toews and Kane on him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Of course, I do. I'm just saying there's no need to sacrifice offense so you can have a better defensive player. Especially when you can still match that player against opp top line since we're the home team.

But that wasn't the problem. Hall and Zacha had plenty of chances tonight.

If you want to point fingers on offense, you have to look at Camm, Palms, and Rico.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I took a decent amount of heat around here last year for fuming over Kalinin playing with Zajac and Palmieri, to ''Shut down the other top lines''.

And Kalinin sucks at offense, he's terrible at it.

And people here are complaining about Zajac playing with Hall and Palmieri? Zajac is one of our leading scorers this year.

There's a small but vocal amount of people on this board that exaggerate how badly Zajac's offensive game is, as much as some fans and writers around the league still claim that Pekka Rinne is an elite goalie.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No it wasnt. Because if we actually converted more chances on the pp it wouldn't have mattered. How do you not grasp that?

Except Hall playing with Zajac has nothing to do with the PP....

Also it really does matter. You take a double minor that late in the game and you will lose more often then not.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Considering he's talked previously about not wanting to put too much on Zacha too fast, I am going to guess Hynes' thought process with moving Zajac up was that he didn't want to put having to go against both Toews and Kane on him.

That's probably exactly what he was thinking. Plus Hall/Zajac actually played pretty well together before Hall/Zacha were put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad