GDT: Devils v.s. Wild: Blazing Saddles Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Thoughts from being at the game...

The fourth line looked solid. I love Fiddler. Like a lot.

Speers should go back to juniors. Not a slight on him but there's no point in playing 8 minutes.

Cammalleri looks bad, I don't know what it is but something isn't right.

Zacha looked good, well he didn't look out of place at least.

PAP scored obviously but overall he wasn't great. He was responsible for their first goal.

Rico needs to get it going.

The D overall looked ok. Nobody stood out as bad or particularly good outside of Severson. I thought he was really good.

I do not like that we have little physicality. I'm not advocating for Gadzik or something but someone to throw their weight around or perhaps have a scrap would be nice.

The Rock was jumping. Good atmosphere tonight.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
So if we want Santini to go in, who comes out?

A lot of people will point to Moore, but even he's been playing quite well. A few gaffes, but Greene and Severson have been worse for that than Moore.

Lovejoy? He'll follow up a good play with a bad one. Luckily, they are low-impact gaffes.

Quincey? I don't think he needs to sit. He's our Moore/Auvitu leash.

Auvitu? God no, image our ability to keep the offensive zone with out him.

Severson? Maybe. He's been hot/cold/hot each game.

Greene? Our main PKer, but making mistakes he has no business making.

I would personally sit Greene or Severson for game as a look-see as to what our defense would do without them.

Yeah...scratching the captain of your team seems to make sense....Severson has been fine this season, has improved greatly since last year. If anyone should be scratched, I would say Quincey. Either that or just send Santini down already

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
i had a great view of PAP's goal from my seats but i didnt even know it went in when he scored at first

Same! It looked like it went wide or went out. I assume it got stuck in the netting cause I never saw it in the net and half my section was like, wtf just happened :laugh:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I would personally sit Greene or Severson for game as a look-see as to what our defense would do without them.

On what planet would they sit Greene for Santini? He's the friggin captain. Is he playing great? No, but he was solid tonight.

Severson was good, probably the best defenseman tonight. He def shouldn't sit. If you want to sit anyone, sit Quincey or Lovejoy. For vets they both make too many questionable plays for my taste.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think many people at the Rock did. Took me a few seconds to spot it too. :D

I could tell by the delayed reaction on the goal horn and by Steve's call, I don't think anyone thought it was a goal.

Pretty brutal goal on Dubnyk, but we needed a break of some sort.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Got a question for y'all. Has Bennett not earned a top 6 role and is he not getting time with your better offensive players?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Got a question for y'all. Has Bennett not earned a top 6 role and is he not getting time with your better offensive players?

He hasn't been noticeable in either direction, good or bad. I don't get giving Speers or DSP time over him in the top 6. Hynes seems to not like certain guys (Boucher) so maybe Bennett is included in that. He looked decent tonight.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

I would like to see Bennett get a bit more of an opportunity myself but Hynes is currently in a mode where he likes to run the lines through a blender, so it's hard to say who has earned what or who Hynes will play where.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Cory was phenominal aside from the bad goal allowed, which was weak by Sevs and PAP.
He made many highlight saves.

Zacha had a strong game, his best as a pro.

I saw overall team improvement tonight.

They may be close to being able to pop in 3 or 4 in a game soon.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
He hasn't been noticeable in either direction, good or bad. I don't get giving Speers or DSP time over him in the top 6. Hynes seems to not like certain guys (Boucher) so maybe Bennett is included in that. He looked decent tonight.

I would like to see Bennett get a bit more of an opportunity myself but Hynes is currently in a mode where he likes to run the lines through a blender, so it's hard to say who has earned what or who Hynes will play where.

thanks for the responses. Just a hockey pool decision to maul over. beau was my sleeper pick. I really want to see it play out but redo pick is first come first serve for available players so I'm antsy :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BB hasn't really stood out, but he is also playing his off wing.

Hynes must like him to an extent if he is finding ways to keep him in the lineup even off wing.

There is no room for him on the top 6 if they keep playing him at LW. That should change in the near future when Speers goes back to juniors

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bennett has been pretty invisible for the most part, although he had a pretty sweet move tonight.

But since he has a history of skill and producing a little bit of offense, I'd like to give him some rope.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I feel like we are the only team playing defense so far this year.

Haven't been really impressed with other teams defensively.

Yeah, I've been having similar thoughts. Like every other team looks way more wide open and not in a good way. It almost makes me think it's a league-wide reaction to Pittsburgh's cup win.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I really think that a team that offensively lethargic could use a guy like Blandisi. At least he has some creativity and is a playmaker while also being a bit grit.

I hate the way they're using Palmieri on the PP. HE IS NOT OVECHKIN. STOP FEEDING HIM ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Move the puck instead of always feeding his one-timer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Honestly I think with what little time he's gotten he's created some good offensive chances. Put it this way I'd rather see him get Speers' minutes plus what he's getting and see what he has.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I like Zach and Hall. I like the 4th. Line of Fid, DSP and Kalinin. Zajac has been great so far. We just need to play sustain periods as we did in the third. We really need to see what Santini has to offer. Good win last night.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
RG - you should photoshop together a Price is Right yodelers game Devils fans edition with each number getting closer to the edge of the cliff representing something.

We could use it as the current feel of our board for after a win or loss :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I really think that a team that offensively lethargic could use a guy like Blandisi. At least he has some creativity and is a playmaker while also being a bit grit.

I'd rather see Boucher get a real chance first before we bring up a kid who hasn't looked ready for the NHL since his first month. He's even been meh in the AHL. But as long as DSP is in the top nine and they're playing Bennett at 3LW I don't see room for Boucher or Blandisi.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

I hate the way they're using Palmieri on the PP. HE IS NOT OVECHKIN. STOP FEEDING HIM ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Move the puck instead of always feeding his one-timer.

He got a ton of points on the PP from just that last year. He clearly have a very good one-timer from that spot. No reason not you use arguably your best PP weapon they way its supposed to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad