GDT: Devils v. Panthers! (Red Wings Edition)

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Bush league idea with the rat giveaway, would have been funny if it cost them the game.

They had to know Florida fans are not hockey savy and would hoist them on the ice.

Too bad DSP was not credited with an assist on the 2nd goal.

I know ekblad played it on off Pietilas skate but DSP made the play.

Helgy is awful, he gets gassed after 20 seconds too.

Put in Mozik.

Really, he should be.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Management gave up on the season earlier than the fans did.

These rosters we're icing right now, sure, they're injury-related. But a lot of it must be a fact-finding mission for Shero and Hynes, trying to see what they have.

IMO, calling up Pietila is smart. As much as we need a top six forward, the bottom six is what will be completely re-shaped in the summer. If the kid sticks, you've saved yourself a few PTOs, maybe some money on a higher dollar UFA.

i would agree with that.... and long term its probably the right call... they now know at the very least they can start the season with boucher pegged in and probably but to a lesser extent blandisi.. i think they learned kalinin can play in the league the question will be is he gonna be a 4th line center or will he improve his overall game to be a solid 3rd line center?

and i also think they realized we may not be as loaded up on defense as we thought. i still think severson is gonna be very good, i am not convinced about john merrill. i am not convinced of helgeson. as i see it under contract for next season they have holes on defense. i think shlemko should be one of our first signings..he will be relatively cheap and has proven to be a solid number 6 with offensive upside speed and can play the 3 v 3

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Hey, remember when we used to have a logjam on defense?

yeah moore and severson was ouir #3,4 pair... and moore since he has returned from injury has been much worse... prior to his injury i thought he as turning into a real find... his play fell off big time so him and a guy that was cracking the lineup every night at 21 years old was manning the 3-4 spot. as i said surprisingly enough the devils need to sign somebody decent on defense this off season.. i don't think they have to get the top guy but a legit and good #4 should be on their radar...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That Pansy PP early in the 3rd was just going through the motions.

If we got average goaltending tonight it was 8-2.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If we're officially eliminated from playoff contention this weekend would that be the 3rd consecutive year we're eliminated in Florida?

I don't think they were officially eliminated in Florida three straight years, it just seems like we always suffer the killer losses there like 2013 and 2014 when our trips of doom late in the season for all intents and purposes were the dagger that ended our season though we might have been actually eliminated later on. Last year we were bounced much earlier, basically we were out of it once and for all by early-mid March last year after that illusory winning streak near the end of February.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The rat giveaway was a dumb idea.
The rat throwing was bush league, especially after being warned.
Could have cost their team the game vs a competent team.

But the biggest joke is Florida team broadcasters/media/fans who are blaming Devils fans for throwing them on the ice.

We had hundreds of fans seated near the ice?

Someone in their marketing dept should be disciplined or pink slipped.

Wait til their rink really gets taken over by opposing fans in the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They were trying to blame us for the rat throwing in the playoffs too lol

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
There was a point in the 3rd where the Devils still only had 10 shots on goal. They finished 38% in the dot and 1/6 on the power play. What a suck fest.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At least there is a chance to see Patty at home next week.

Really could be his last game as a Devil vs TML.

I'm glad I'm going to that game mainly cause of that fact (and partly cause me and my friend get a supposedly catered suite for the game) but I'm glad I'm not going to the other two at this point.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
they need a dose of this to shut them up

I love how they were trying to taunt Marty as we scored.

Funny thing about that series, after we had won game six in OT that first guy to shake hands on their training staff in the video was walking outside the rock by the players lot and the garage carrying some panthers bags. I yelled "the Panthers suck" and he yelled back "enjoy your offseason man, have fun on the golf course" I just laughed in his face. Then we won game 7 and I saw that same guy shaking hands and died laughing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don Rickles is not happy.

LOL just now read this!:laugh:

Nice comparison, but I think Gerard would be very lucky to look like Don Rickles. I always thought he looked more like that character from the Goonies.

Is it Sloth?

I hope he doesn't win the Jack Adams this year. The Panthers have some potential, but Gerard is the opposite of Pete, in that he has practices every day, all but the one day mandated off per the CBA. And do you know the Panthers have a morning skate for 3:00 and 4:00 PM games? Can you believe that ****? I've never heard of that, until I saw him doing it. He'd probably have a morning skate for a 1:00 PM start if it didn't have to be at 6:00 AM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad