Confirmed with Link: Devils trade 2nd and 4th rounders for Mirco Mueller and 5th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What this tells me is Shero wanted Mueller. If they see something in him, then it's worth seeing if it'll pan out.

He's young and I will definitely give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, but his numbers so far don't impress me for the price paid. Not that we got fleeced, it just seems a bit steep when they were going to leave him exposed.

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
Stuck behind Schlemko? I'm gonna throw up.

22 year old LHD, former 1st round pick. Stuck behind Vlasic, Martin, Schlemko, and Dillon on the left side.

I happy if wasn't our 2nd, I don't mind giving up Boston's. But realistically, this guy is a young NHL LHD that we need right now.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Beaulieu blows.

Like Palmieri was essentially the assets we got for Jagr, this is basically the assets we got for Stempniak. House money.

We all know how DeBoer is with his young defensemen. I'm fine with this.

That doesn't make it any better. You shouldn't use assets you got for a great deal and use them for a risky deal that probably won't pan out that well

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
From the scouting reports I've read, he's a really good skater it's his best asset and he has great defensive abilities

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I was hoping we'd use our draft ammunition on slightly more proven talent, a la Palmieri, but I can't hate on this deal too much with how many picks we have.

I agree with CD, Shero doesn't make this deal without really wanting the player.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
I would actually rather keep the picks and move up in the upcoming draft and draft our own guys. 2nd round picks are extremely valuable.

Kind of pissed we used it on a guy like Mueller who doesn't bring anything special imo.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Don't we also need to compensate Las Vegas now to get them to not claim Mueller in the expansion draft? If he has to be protected he might be a player that Vegas would like to claim.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Mueller, who just turned 22 years old in March, was selected 18th overall by the Sharks in the 2013 NHL Draft. He’s played in 54 games for the Sharks, splitting his professional career so far between the Sharks and their minor league affiliate.

His play in the minors this past season had given the Sharks reason for optimism, with coach Pete DeBoer speaking highly of the prospect blue liner when he was recalled earlier in the year.

“All the reports out of the American League team were that that he’s been excellent,†said DeBoer in December. “I think he’s really taken a step maturity-wise as a player and as a kid this year. Everybody’s saying that he looks like he’s ready for full-time NHL duty. … He’s a guy that belongsup here.â€

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Definitely overpayment.

I actually forgot all about him, he hasn't played a significant number of NHL games since Todd McLellan was still the coach. I think this is overpayment for a guy that was non waiver exempt for this season and the Sharks would have waived if they didn't deal him. I feel like we should have given a 3rd.

He's better than Moore and Lovejoy (Lovejoy will play more than him anyway, so it's moot) and he may or may not be better than Santini and Merrill. And he's definitely better than that waste of a roster spot in Dalton Prout, who will hopefully head to Binghamton because of this deal and be used as the new Helgeson, while the actual Helgeson gets ****ed in some other organization.

I think a 2nd was too much.

If he becomes good, we benefit from a player that seemed to fall out of favor under DeBoer.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
I'm not going to pretend to be very familiar with this guy but his stats and the posts on the Sharks board do not fill me with confidence. I wish we had kept Schlemko.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What this tells me is Shero wanted Mueller. If they see something in him, then it's worth seeing if it'll pan out.

Losing a 2nd is somewhat painful, remember we got Colorado's 3rd for Gelinas. Young defensemen with talent who haven't quite panned out are still valuable on the market.

(There's no guarantee this will pan out, he could turn out to be a total flop.)

Excellent point, dear god there really is a premium on d-men :laugh:

And to be fair Muller's 22, the book's probably not written on him yet.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Must have a lot of Sharks fans in here because the nay Sayers certainly seem to have watched a lot of this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad