Confirmed with Link: Devils trade 2nd and 4th rounders for Mirco Mueller and 5th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Definitely would've preferred to use the two 2nd rounders to move back up into the 1st round. This may end up being fine but my first instinct is ugh.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
22 year old LHD, former 1st round pick. Stuck behind Vlasic, Martin, Schlemko, and Dillon on the left side.

I happy if wasn't our 2nd, I don't mind giving up Boston's. But realistically, this guy is a young NHL LHD that we need right now.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Not a huge Mueller fan. Feels like a guy that will never pan out. Can't say I'm too impressed with this trade. Probably the first time I feel like Shero messed up in a deal.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
If it was pick 49, then I'd say it was a good trade for us. If we had to give up pick #36, then not so. Marco can play in then; now and is young and a left shot D. he checks off a lot of boxes and would say he's probably a step up from Merrill, and a step down from Moore.

Considering Mtl traded Nathan Belieiue or however it's spelled for a 3rd rounder - we paid more by giving up the 2nd so it better be #49!

Not that home run we wanted but a slight improvement- it's dfefintiley no where near enough to fix this defense....Shero still has work to do.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not a huge Mueller fan. Feels like a guy that will never pan out. Can't say I'm too impressed with this trade. Probably the first time I feel like Shero messed up in a deal.

Dougie must have some blackmail on him, Shero also gave up too much in the Doug Murray trade with the Sharks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Small sample size since he's only played 54 NHL games, but not the most impressive numbers.

IKTNKlu.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Small sample size since he's only played 54 NHL games, but not the most impressive numbers.

IKTNKlu.png

Well he wasn't going to get any big icetime with the Sharks so his pro numbers don't tell me much...but his AHL numbers aren't all that impressive either. Four goals in 124 AHL games, and 34 points. He better be REAL good defensively with that kind of limited production.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

We don't have anybody in our system with his skill set. If he can develop some offensive consistency, we win this trade. We can't have Andy Greene on the PP anymore.

I think prices on the D are abnormally high due to demand and little veteran supply.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
What this tells me is Shero wanted Mueller. If they see something in him, then it's worth seeing if it'll pan out.

Losing a 2nd is somewhat painful, remember we got Colorado's 3rd for Gelinas. Young defensemen with talent who haven't quite panned out are still valuable on the market.

(There's no guarantee this will pan out, he could turn out to be a total flop.)

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
He's really not good at all, I guess the prices for the premium defenders were simply too much.

I feel like we should have just used these picks to move up in the draft instead though, Mueller isn't an improvement over Merrill or Moore, so this move seems a little bit redundant.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Based on what

Just not sure he's worth that much and his development has been going down hill of late.

But given the excess of picks and need for a LHD, it's a worthy gamble. He was once a top 15 (10?) pick so if he can regain the form that he had earlier on, it could be a great trade.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

IKTNKlu.png

like you said it's only 54 games. anyway the only devils defenseman that is impressive on that chart is Severson. Santini's is okay too but small sample size

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
So there we were all hoping for a Brodin, Vatanen etc, but we end up with Mirco Mueller?!

Color me surprised and unimpressed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad