Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I happen to know someone who is related to one of the Dr. I would beg to differ with your statement. Shero is making changes to sink or swim on his own ship with ownership's blessing. But statements like you make are a bit much.

I don't blame anyone for wanting their own staff/people. However, you can't help yourself when it comes to Lou.

And Paul Martin begs to differ with your statement.

Just because someone has "Dr" in front of their name doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

GhostofKenKlee

And Paul Martin begs to differ with your statement.

Just because someone has "Dr" in front of their name doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

Do you hit 1000 percent at work every day?

Interesting you cite Martin, that's all the proof ones needs that the Devils had the worst medical staff.

I'm sure you have heard of the term 2nd. Opinion on a diagnosis.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He played 15 games. There are 82. He could have at max contributed 18.292% of suckage.

Zajac sucked for 74 games. Even Cory and Greene sucked for about the first 15.

again, where did I say that he did not play 15 games? I said for those 15 games he was awful. that cannot be debated. he contributed MIGHTILY to the PK sucking and as soon as he was gone, it turned around.

GhostofKenKlee

Where is Paul Martin on the record stating that the Devils have the worst medical staff?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So now all the sudden the medical staff that no one on here knows anything about is the worst in the league. Go figure.

I think all GMs and coaches are prey to the feeling that if they believe an injury doesn't exist, then it doesn't. I imagine this makes life very difficult for a medical staff working with a sports team. Whether it was Lou prevaricating to the media or what, there were certainly a lot of people who were out for longer than it was originally thought - Paul Martin's the big example, but Salvador sure disappeared in 2013-14, Matt Taormina missed the entire rest of the season in 2010-11 when I believe he was initially out 6-8 weeks (google says he broke his ankle in two places, one healed, one didn't, so he had surgery on it 2 months after sustaining the original injury), and Severson was out '4 to 5 weeks' after sustaining an ankle injury and it ended up taking 10 weeks for him to return. I'm sure there are similar examples if you go back farther. So is that the medical staff's incompetence or is it Lou purposely underestimating, or is it Lou wishing that the guy would get back quicker, doctor be damned? Who knows. Either way, there's a LOT of this in pro sports medicine so I can't really put it on the Devils' medical staff, and obviously medicine isn't an exact science as people heal at different rates and that can't be predicted.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I happen to know someone who is related to one of the Dr. I would beg to differ with your statement. Shero is making changes to sink or swim on his own ship with ownership's blessing. But statements like you make are a bit much.

I don't blame anyone for wanting their own staff/people. However, you can't help yourself when it comes to Lou.

I'm sure several former Devils that would beg to differ. Sorry, but they sucked, it's about time they got their walking papers. Nothing personal. It is what it is.

Last edited:

GhostofKenKlee

I'm sure several former Devils that would beg to to differ. Sorry, but they sucked, it's about time they got their walking. Nothing personal. It is what it is.

The Lou puppy no longer lives here and out go his people. It's really not hard to understand, but OK they all sucked because of association.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
CNcQlZNUYAAc_NN.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
BOBBLEHEADS?

It is NOW officially a new era.

Eh I remember when they were hawking bobblehead sets their first year or two at the Rock, giving them away for everything (like signing up for sth's or whatever)...my Parise/Langs/Marty/Elias set are mostly broken though - crappy material I guess :P

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Fine with Feb 16 vs Philly, but they should have spaced it out more and picked a game around Christmas as well.

I'm glad I already have Nov 10 tickets for the camo cap giveaway.

Same with the 2/6 afternoon game for the Cory bobblehead.
That game should be a packed house (weather permitting).

Hopefully more promo giveaway nights are added (magnetic schedule, team calendar, etc) especially the once popular Youth Jersey day (more like a long sleeve t-shirt).

GhostofKenKlee

Eh I remember when they were hawking bobblehead sets their first year or two at the Rock, giving them away for everything (like signing up for sth's or whatever)...my Parise/Langs/Marty/Elias set are mostly broken though - crappy material I guess :P

It was an incentive and you got a set for every seat you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad