Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Not only that, but we're still not very good up front. Hynes pretty much has the same crap to work with at forward that Pete did, although as a whole they might be a little quicker than last year. Hopefully he can come up with something to at least help cover our weaknesses.

That too. The forward corps is far from impressive. Everyone who follows this team hopefully realizes that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I would be shocked if he proves to be a better coach than Deboer.

Well, a lot of it depends on what Shero gives him to work with. There isn't a coach out there that is going to win with the forwards we've had the last few years. If we can continue to get faster and more skilled up front, Hynes will at least have something to work with.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
To me, Pete just wasn't working, especially with Larsson, who is looking like an important part of our future. I don't know that Hynes will be better, but at this point, we definitely needed to try someone beside Pete. I wish Pete well but it was obvious that he and the team weren't going to have success together. Time to see what Hynes can do.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Good interview. I like that Clowe is being kept around and looked after.

It's nice that they're willing to let him be a part of the organization, but I'm not surprised. He's drawing a hefty paycheck and I'm sure they'd love to get something for their money.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It's nice that they're willing to let him be a part of the organization, but I'm not surprised. He's drawing a hefty paycheck and I'm sure they'd love to get something for their money.

True. This could be good for the organization and Clowe. Clowe can get experience for a front office job later whether with the Devils or another team, so that can help him, too.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"prongered"……which isnt a bad thing relating to his well being.

if you havent read carcillo's write on life after hockey here it is …..these guys need to belong and have purpose after hockey as well as health

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/daniel-carcillo-retirement/

I read this last night. Right before reading it I was still in the ''Carcillo is a POS'' mindset. After reading it, I feel for him now.

I also recommend this article, it was a good read.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I was pretty impressed with Clowe's leadership qualities while he was active with the Devils. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him become an effective coach at some level, and I'm glad the organization is giving him the opportunity to stay involved and get his feet wet.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I read this last night. Right before reading it I was still in the ''Carcillo is a POS'' mindset. After reading it, I feel for him now.

I also recommend this article, it was a good read.

i (like to think) i can separate on ice POS vs off ice guy.

now someone like kane and the alleged **** going on off ice would be a POS in general assuming its true of course

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Shero training camp interview for anyone who is interested.

man...shero has had one hell of a summer. and he keeps going- what he's doing with clowe is brilliant, based off of anything I've ever heard one of his teammates say about him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would be shocked if he proves to be a better coach than Deboer.

I would be shocked if he doesn't prove to be a better coach, if not just based on Dumbeor's asinine lineup decisions and stubbornness and failure to adjust when things aren't working.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Finished watching the scrimmage. Severson looks like a seasoned vet out there. Very smooth. Palmieri is a spark plug for the offense that is desperately needed. I think JQ deserves at least 9 games. He's looked very solid. Gelinas still makes me scratch my head. He reminds me of Clarkson in that it feels like at least 70% of the time I'm thinking "what the hell is he doing?", but then he makes a really good play out of nowhere or rockets one home.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Finished watching the scrimmage. Severson looks like a seasoned vet out there. Very smooth. Palmieri is a spark plug for the offense that is desperately needed. I think JQ deserves at least 9 games. He's looked very solid. Gelinas still makes me scratch my head. He reminds me of Clarkson in that it feels like at least 70% of the time I'm thinking "what the hell is he doing?", but then he makes a really good play out of nowhere or rockets one home.

I think your assessments are spot on, and your description of Gelinas made me laugh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I'm hoping JQ continues to impress because I really do want to hand out some I told you so's about him. I do like the kid.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
With only a few weeks to go before the start of the 2015-16 NHL season, the New Jersey Devils will welcome fans to Prudential Center early with an open practice on Saturday, September 19. Admission to the event is free, but tickets are required to enter.

Devils season ticket members will have priority access with dedicated entrance lines at 9:30 a.m. and doors will open for the general public beginning at 9:45 a.m. Practice is scheduled to conclude at 1:30 p.m.

Devils players, who will take the ice for the first time in training camp on Friday, will be split into three groups for Saturday’s practice, which will feature a scrimmage starting at 10 a.m. Devils radio play-by-play man Matt Loughlin will emcee the event and interview players during breaks on the ice, giving fans in the arena the first chance to hear their thoughts and expectations for the upcoming season. Head coach John Hynes will address the crowd and offer his thoughts on the season before the scrimmage.

The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive Devils rally towels and all fans will have the opportunity to win prizes from the popular Devils Twitter Vending Machine, which made its debut last week. Potential prizes include signed pucks, sticks and jerseys, t-shirt and hats, and tickets to upcoming regular season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad