Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I was surprised that the article listing a few of the "controversies" with our (now former) medical staff only mentioned things over a decade old.

Paul Martin absolutely blamed the medical staff for him having to miss the 2010 Olympics, and it was a big factor in his departure.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was surprised that the article listing a few of the "controversies" with our (now former) medical staff only mentioned things over a decade old.

Paul Martin absolutely blamed the medical staff for him having to miss the 2010 Olympics, and it was a big factor in his departure.

Ya that is easily the biggest controversy the former medical staff had. Think that would of been brought up.

Also a minor nitpick but I do agree with DD in the last thread that the two retro nights should of been spaced out more. One closer to Xmas and the other where it is near St. Patty's Day. Again REALLY minor nitpick because I do like the idea of having two retro nights.

Also makes me think that if we do get thirds, it will be some form of the red and greens (I mean add two more retro nights and they pretty much are at that point).

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
After this offseason, I have this image in my ahead of of Brennan Huff shoveling dirt on Dale Doback. Ray Shero is Brennan and a lot of the people on this board are Dale.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Procured a seat for the Devils season opener. And there was a much rejoicing.

AHL also announced its schedule. It'll be nice to have high level hockey again in San Diego. Even though it was expected, I was still a little disappointed by the schedule. The Gulls are playing the other California squads 12 times each. There isn't a ton of diversity to the schedule. Only 9 teams are going to visit this season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Procured a seat for the Devils season opener. And there was a much rejoicing.

AHL also announced its schedule. It'll be nice to have high level hockey again in San Diego. Even though it was expected, I was still a little disappointed by the schedule. The Gulls are playing the other California squads 12 times each. There isn't a ton of diversity to the schedule. Only 9 teams are going to visit this season.

I didn't even realize single tickets went on sale yet

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Devils purists, let it wash over you.

I think they had pretty much the same amount of promos last year, but hey let's stick with the 'everything was bad before, and it is good now' narrative because it is fun.

I'm looking at an ugly Ken Daneyko bobblehead right now. Did Shero invent bobbleheads? Retro jerseys?

Damn cupholders.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think they had pretty much the same amount of promos last year, but hey let's stick with the 'everything was bad before, and it is good now' narrative because it is fun.

I'm looking at an ugly Ken Daneyko bobblehead right now. Did Shero invent bobbleheads? Retro jerseys?

Damn cupholders.

You got the narrative wrong. It is apparently everything was amazing before and Shero is ruining it because...reasons. How dare he fire the doctor and add a second retro night.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
You got the narrative wrong. It is apparently everything was amazing before and Shero is ruining it because...reasons. How dare he fire the doctor and add a second retro night.

There are multiple narratives going on around here. Sometimes I think we just like to argue for the sake of arguing. The day we all agree is the day I start to worry.:laugh:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Ya that is easily the biggest controversy the former medical staff had. Think that would of been brought up.

Also a minor nitpick but I do agree with DD in the last thread that the two retro nights should of been spaced out more. One closer to Xmas and the other where it is near St. Patty's Day. Again REALLY minor nitpick because I do like the idea of having two retro nights.

Also makes me think that if we do get thirds, it will be some form of the red and greens (I mean add two more retro nights and they pretty much are at that point).

Why would they want to have retro night around Christmas? Everyone's home for the holidays so they should get good crowds regardless.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
What about Pepsi vs. Coke? It ought to piss off half the fan base that we have Pepsi. Or maybe the discontinuation of Birch Beer too.

or...remember those radio ads Lou did for that car dealership? how about a radio spot that went: "Hi. I'm Ray Shero, and when I'm not watching hockey, I'm eating a nice piping hot cheese and pork roll bagel sandwich from XX. Come on down!" anarchy

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
The fabric on the seats. I'm telling you.

All kidding aside about the seats, does anybody remember the 1st year when there were drink holders upstairs that made it near impossible to squeeze into your seat? I can't remember how long it took for them to be gone but it wasn't long :D

GhostofKenKlee

Last give away Lou has was a morse code straight key sponsored by Globe Mercedes.

Also, I have it on good word, Shero took exception with Dr. Fisher's use of Leetch Treatments. Worst medical staff ever.

GhostofKenKlee

What's funny is his narrative closer to reality. As if the team never had promo nights.

I haven't seen anyone upset about firing the doctor, it's the "Worst medical staff" in hockey a few fans put out and the second retro night be spaced out or closer to the holidays. Not that people don't like the idea of them, if anything fans got what they wanted another retro night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I personally don't care about promos/bobble heads but it would definitely be a cool promo to give out old player bobble heads of guys like Chico, Dano, Stevens, Nieds, etc

Now a Chico bobble head is something that would actually intrigue me :laugh:

Crazy that we're a mere 2 weeks away from training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad