Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Alright. No more trade deadline talk in here. TDL thread is up
4FA25DA4-0473-443A-999E-9D4A010AC449.jpeg

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Colorado made 4 moves at the trade deadline last year. 3 of those moves can be considered “big”, including Lehkonen and Josh Manson.

Tampa added Cleasson and Savard in 2021.

Tampa built an entire third line in 2020.

This post is so obviously the opposite of the truth lol.
All names mentioned above are "role players", or like I like to see it guys that have at least some kind of defensive value.

If teams get guys like Tarasenko and Kane, they are not getting a roleplayer but just a used goalscorer. Sure they have experience, but this is chemistry and role wise risky time to add.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Bratt Nico Tatar was good for a while

Then Zetterlund Nico Tatar was good for a while

Almost anything with one of those 6 players is good lol. Tatar-Nico has always been great together. I’m keeping them together forever now unless they inexplicably fall apart. You can rotate in Mercer, Zetterlund, (Meier) and hopefully that keeps working so you can comfortably keep together Jack-Bratt without having to worry about Nico’s line not going and needing Bratt there

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This sparked me to go look at some numbers and Tatar has an over 75% GF lololololol. That is LEAGUE LEADING. We better f***ing re-sign that man. I am going to throw a fit if we don't.
Producing or not (and he still is) Tatar works his ass off and is a total puck hound out there. 100% I want him back, he forechecks and backchecks like a beast.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
dam a 2nd and a prospect, hurry up Fitz!!! It's a no brainer and he will be getting probably a long term contract in the 3.5 - 4 million a year. Upgrade on Wood

No way I'm doing that. That's too much for Barbashev. He's decent offensively and garbage defensively. Go find someone cheap who can be an upgrade on Wood.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
The ting with Tatar and yes I'm one who also wants him back, I just can't see us going long-term with him, what's the max contract we can give him? 3 years? that too much? I would love him on a year to year basis but no chance he accepts that, probably looking at his last chance at a big long contract this summer

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The ting with Tatar and yes I'm one who also wants him back, I just can't see us going long-term with him, what's the max contract we can give him? 3 years? that too much? I would love him on a year to year basis but no chance he accepts that, probably looking at his last chance at a big long contract this summer

He's 32 producing at a 47 pt pace. He's not going to get a crazy deal. Even just giving him the same 4.5x2 is fine to me. That's probably on the high end of what it'd be too.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
No way I'm doing that. That's too much for Barbashev. He's decent offensively and garbage defensively. Go find someone cheap who can be an upgrade on Wood.
That's not what I saw yesterday against the penguins. He backcheck hard and did well in the defensive zone coverage. I guess he can have bad games and it's not his specialty, but that's up to the coaches to make sure he is well surrounded on the ice with the proper guys

He's 32 producing at a 47 pt pace. He's not going to get a crazy deal. Even just giving him the same 4.5x2 is fine to me. That's probably on the high end of what it'd be too.
I hope he is producing, he has top line minutes and sees the pp has well. That being said, i'm good with 2 years. I just don't want to see a 4-5 year deal

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That's not what I saw yesterday against the penguins. He backcheck hard and did well in the defensive zone coverage. I guess he can have bad games and it's not his specialty, but that's up to the coaches to make sure he is well surrounded on the ice with the proper guys

I hope he is producing, he has top line minutes and sees the pp has well. That being said, i'm good with 2 years. I just don't want to see a 4-5 year deal

Barbashev is one of those guys that people thinks is good defensively but in reality bleeds chances and always has. He's really not good that and wouldn't belong in our top 9.

No way Tatar's getting a 4 or 5 year deal. 3 would be the absolute max he'd see. His 5v5 production is still strong. He just didn't produce on the PP (and shouldn't have been PP1 anyway so who cares).

Reactions: DevilsHughes86

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Barbashev is one of those guys that people thinks is good defensively but in reality bleeds chances and always has. He's really not good that and wouldn't belong in our top 9.

No way Tatar's getting a 4 or 5 year deal. 3 would be the absolute max he'd see. His 5v5 production is still strong. He just didn't produce on the PP (and shouldn't have been PP1 anyway so who cares).
Agree to disagree with Barbashev. I'm good with Tatar 2 years max!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad