Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Here comes the third ride on the roller coaster

I’m kind of over it at this point. I of course want Bratt to stick around long-term cause he’s a good player, but you can’t force someone to be here who doesn’t truly want to.

I saw Fitz (as a GM and AGM) hand out fair and reasonable deals to high profile players (Nico, Hughes, Dougie) and it was well reported he offered north of 9 mil to Gaudreau this summer. I see no reason to believe he’s low-balling Bratt. We’ll see how it goes.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Here comes the third ride on the roller coaster
24A164F0-FD68-4479-B04B-B9736A766BB3.jpeg

@Bleedred in the same row with his buddy

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean, did anybody think there would be anything new? The last two negotiations literally went the distance. This one wasn't likely to be resolved within days of him being able to sign.
Some people were holding out hope that the only reason they didn't sign a deal this summer was because the Devils 'didn't have the cap space for it' lol, if that was true it would have been resolved this week.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Some people were holding out hope that the only reason they didn't sign a deal this summer was because the Devils 'didn't have the cap space for it' lol, if that was true it would have been resolved this week.

Yeah, if a deal was gonna get done quickly it was going to be because NJ came up to Jesper’s ask. That it hasn’t happened yet suggests it won’t happen at all before July, or close to it.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
of course....i go see the comets game here in toronto and andreas puts up 1 goal and 2 primary assists... :laugh:

attendance was 2759 but looked sparser then that ....i think there was only 2 devils fans there (me and some some other guy in a devils dougie jersey were the only ones that were standing and cheering in the place after our goals)

talked the kid up on the concourse in intermission....and get this, turns out he's the comets mascot and just showed up to watch the game from hamilton on the train....and apparently he's taking over to be the next nj devil mascot next season... :laugh:...wished him good luck....seems like he really loves devils hockey

a fun night out with my brother and nephew

also, geerts goal was a bomb

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
of course....i go see the comets game here in toronto and andreas puts up 1 goal and 2 primary assists... :laugh:

attendance was 2759 but looked sparser then that ....i think there was only 2 devils fans there (me and some some other guy in a devils dougie jersey were the only ones that were standing and cheering in the place after our goals)

talked the kid up on the concourse in intermission....and get this, turns out he's the comets mascot and just showed up to watch the game from hamilton on the train....and apparently he's taking over to be the next nj devil mascot next season... :laugh:...wished him good luck....seems like he really loves devils hockey

a fun night out with my brother and nephew

also, geerts goal was a bomb

Mango reads your posts ....

Reactions: njdevils1982

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'd be amazed if anything happens before the 11th hr, in this case, draft weekend

Most likely scenario to me is that he’s allowed to talk to other teams and pick where he’ll sign a long term deal, and the NJ trades him there for something like a 2nd round pick.

Good possibility he resigns though, I’m no fortune teller, just seems like the way things are going.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Until Bratt Re-signs with us, i will hold the belief that he doesnt want to commit here. He and his agent have done this before, and it seems this time little has changed.

Like him as a player but it is quite a distraction, and clearly NJ isn't his optimal choice because he would have already pushed his agent to get a reasonably good deal with term and get it done, pronto, if he wanted to stay.

(Even before season started).

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
If all we get for Bratt is a second round pick, that's an absolute disaster

Maybe we get more than a second but I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near what he’s worth.

Until Bratt Re-signs with us, i will hold the belief that he doesnt want to commit here. He and his agent have done this before, and it seems this time little has changed.

Done what.

Like him as a player but it is quite a distraction, and clearly NJ isn't his optimal choice because he would have already pushed his agent to get a reasonably good deal with term and get it done, pronto, if he wanted to stay.

(Even before season started).

Bratt and his agent cannot force Fitz to offer him a fair contract.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Maybe we get more than a second but I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near what he’s worth.

Done what.

Drawn the team into a lengthy negotiation. Hold out. All that stuff.

Do you really think Fitz didnt offer a reasonably fair contract? Look at who we have on contracts, long term. They seem pretty good term and size.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Done what.

Fitz was GM/AGM for most of our long-term deals (Hughes, Nico, Dougie). All the deals are fair and reasonable. It’s also been wildly reported that he offered north of 9 mil to Gaudreau. There’s absolutely no reason to believe he isn’t offering Bratt a fair contract.

I know it’s fantasy, but if this drags on, I’d eventually like Fitz to pull a Cashman/Judge and come straight out with his offer publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad