Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I remember hearing from somewhere he had the injury as Norris and now I can’t stop worrying

Wheeler is doing his annual ranking of prospect classes, and he's up to #5 and no NJ yet

top 5 team with a top 4 prospect class. Feels good man!

When it comes to top 5 prospects I don’t see how anyone is topping a group of Luke, Casey, Holtz, Nemec, and Gritsyuk. I really like Minny’s group with Wallstedt, Rossi, Ohgren, Yurov, and Faber but I’m still taking ours unless Wallstedt really becomes that elite goalie (certainly possible)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I remember hearing from somewhere he had the injury as Norris and now I can’t stop worrying

When it comes to top 5 prospects I don’t see how anyone is topping a group of Luke, Casey, Holtz, Nemec, and Gritsyuk

Grits usually isn’t ranked very high, probably be a use he doesn’t get seen much in Russia, so it will be interesting to see where he is ranked relative to the rest of the team.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I just try to stay out of fan drama. Every sports fanbase has the general public, the young idiots who try to be edgy and shitpost all day, and the message boards of elitists that think we're the top tier of the fanbase and know more than everything else (us).
Well I am the elite top tier who knows more than everyone else. Now get off my lawn so I can glean more knowledge from Facebook.

Reactions: forceten

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Off the top of my head I feel like there’d be a consensus top 4 of Luke, Jiricek, Edvinsson, and Nemec
I’d probably put Nemec over Edvinsson (and it’s very close with Jiricek for me, I prefer Simon’s strengths), but you’d be hard-pressed to have anyone else in that top 4, absolutely agreed.

Very solid group of prospects.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Grits usually isn’t ranked very high, probably be a use he doesn’t get seen much in Russia, so it will be interesting to see where he is ranked relative to the rest of the team.

Yeah he’ll probably be ranked lower but in my mind there’s a pretty clear top 5 for us and he’s definitely in it

Reactions: Devs3cups

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’d probably put Nemec over Edvinsson (and it’s very close with Jiricek for me, I prefer Simon’s strengths), but you’d be hard pressed to have anyone else in that top 4, absolutely agreed.

Very solid group of prospects.

I’d probably rank them how I had it. Maybe flip the Simon’s but I probably give Edvinsson the edge

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’d probably rank them how I had it. Maybe flip the Simon’s but I probably give Edvinsson the edge
That’s fair as well. It’s a very solid group of prospects and that 2 to 4 ranking can also heavily rely on personal preference, it’s that tight.

I feel the biggest gap though is between 1 and 2. I really feel Luke is at another level and his potential is that high.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That’s fair as well. It’s a very solid group of prospects and that 2 to 4 ranking can also heavily rely on personal preference, it’s that tight.

I feel the biggest gap though is between 1 and 2. I really feel Luke is at another level and his potential is that high.

I think Jiricek’s potential upside is the highest. If he gets the skating figured out at the NHL level I think it’s him but that’s still a question and could limit him so I’ll take Luke. I think Jiricek’s the 2nd best offensively and maybe the best defensively. Luke best offensively and worst defensively.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
That was a bizarre couple pages of reading other people's twitter drama.

Was taking a look at the schedule ahead. It's criminal that the Devils somehow only have one remaining game against the Rangers. We see the Lightning three times in five days, but the Rangers once more total?

Looks like a full second half of "hurry up to slow down" again, too. 3 games in 4 days, 4 days off. Road back-to-back, 3 days off.

Weird scheduling this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad