Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2022-23 season thread part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The team could have made a recommendation for Palat on Monday but he could be seeking a second opinion. Which would be bad but not unexpected given how awful our medical department is.

It's also possible he made a decision but they just haven't told us yet. In which case, send in Ryan Novo.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Can't catch a break, if his injury is something more substantial.

We have depth to cover, but its not the same. His game is really needed on this team.

That being said, if this showcases how good Zetterlund really can be, at least make decisions to not have him/Boq/Holtz fight for the last spot. Just send Holtz down let him try to work it out again in AHL, and let Zetts/Boq kinda duel out that depth spot.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Hamilton quietly has 7 points in 9 games. I don't think he's played particularly great, certainly not bad but his play hasn't popped off the screen at me. I just hope he stays healthy.
Dougie is a #1 guy, but imo his play doesn’t really pop off the screen. He’s steady, makes his passes, gets his shots through and distributes the puck well. He’s well aware in the O-zone. He’s playing his game right now and he looks good/is getting points. That’s what we need from him.

captainscott12

Jul 13, 2022
Hamilton quietly has 7 points in 9 games. I don't think he's played particularly great, certainly not bad but his play hasn't popped off the screen at me. I just hope he stays healthy.
He is playing great. I was one that was down on his game and concerned about why this guy has been on 6 teams. That being said his ply in both zones has been really solid.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
When looking at groin surgery recovery periods for sport activities I’m seeing about 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: Xirik

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Depends if an actual groin surgery or hernia ?
Hoping hernia as those are relatively quick recovery time

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Sucks that Palat will be out for a bit, but the team is still absurdly outshooting the opposition even without him. Even if that is unsustainable long term, for the near term we will probably be fine.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Meyers the guy who did all of Elias's groin surgeries and is considered 'the guy' to go to for this sort of work. He specializes in sports hernia surgery but also does some other miscellaneous groin surgeries. He also did Schneider's groin surgery, for whatever that's worth.

If it is indeed a sports hernia the timeline for that is usually 6-12 weeks.

I'm guessing he will vanish until sometime in late December/early January when he starts skating again.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
OK, well there is our update that I was complaining about lacking.....

So, any doctors in here..... timelines for this type of surgery?
A doctor talking about this type of surgery.

“Sheng Peng: How do groin injuries affect a hockey player’s skating?

Dr. David Geier: Not all groin surgeries and injuries are the same.”

Interesting talk about this type of surgery but also doesn’t give us a good timeframe since they can all be different, which may be why we don’t have a good time frame yet.

His guess was a sports player doesnt truly feel totally comfortable until about 6 months after surgery and likely has some lingering weakness for 9-12 months. He also said most players do recover back to 100% effectiveness.

Edit: Agreeing with others that players can return from this surgery before they feel totally comfortable so the article isn’t saying to expect a player to be out for 6 months.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Meyers the guy who did all of Elias's groin surgeries and is considered 'the guy' to go to for this sort of work. He specializes in sports hernia surgery but also does some other miscellaneous groin surgeries. He also did Schneider's groin surgery, for whatever that's worth.

If it is indeed a sports hernia the timeline for that is usually 6-12 weeks.

I'm guessing he will vanish until sometime in late December/early January when he starts skating again.
Maybe he brought the Boltz playbook of cap circumvention and will be “healed” right before round one starts?

Well i have hernia and been in shit for 5 months now, but i'm not proffesional athtlete :confused:
Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise, sir! You ARE a professional Mathlete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad