Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm ready to see what the kids have got!!! Lars has such a good chance to take that next step. No excuses or anything. The spot and minutes are there and I think he will seize it.

Nothing about merrill worries me. He is going to be a stud and star in this league and I know his offensive game is going to start to develop too. The kid already has the toolbox for it.

Gely will improve and if he does he can be another stud. Kid has the size skating and tools to be excellent. Just get that positioning down.

I'm very interested to see where we end up points wise as a defense. We have 5 guys that can all skate and contribute offensively very effectively.

Hoping our break out game improves as a result too (right now Zids is the best at passing out of the zone from last year). We don't have that Marty puck handling so got to move it themselves.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
People are really starting to pile on*Ryder. If you jettison him for nothing, who replaces his 18 goals?

I forsee a bounce back.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
People are really starting to pile on*Ryder. If you jettison him for nothing, who replaces his 18 goals?

I forsee a bounce back.

Cammalleri or Havlat...

He is awful. Needs to go. I would even retain salary. All he does is hold a line back.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009

I forsee a bounce back.

The thing with Ryder is that even ignoring his cold streaks he is such a one dimensional forward. He has a good shot but outside of that he is a average skater and contributes minimally on the forecheck or does he have a stellar 2 way game.

I'm for keeping Ryder if he can pot at least 20 but if he needs to be more consistent and more effective when the puck isn't on his stick. And hopefully Cammalleri/Havlat add at least 40 goals to the lineup.

And the more I think about it the more I think NJ should move on from Josefson and get a draft pick for him. Especially with the stockpile of forwards here that won't be traded to get him in the lineup I don't see JJ getting significant top 9 minutes that are required for him to be successful here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I forsee a bounce back.
Agreed. I've been saying the same thing.
Cammalleri or Havlat...

He is awful. Needs to go. I would even retain salary. All he does is hold a line back.
Then we're right back where we started. If all Cammalleri does is replace Ryder, I see us scoring almost as little as we did last year.

Recent history says Havlat probably won't be healthy enough to score that many goals.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Ryder scored far too inconsistently. He had 2 goals for us in his final 36 games here. He had another stretch earlier in the season of 1 goal in 18 games. When it's that inconsistent, I'm not too worried about it needing to be replaced. Especially since it's not like he put up 25-30, and literally all he brings to the table is those 18 goals. He brings nothing else at all. He's just not a good fit here.

With the additions of Havlat and Cammalleri we've hopefully created more balance. Collectively, we should be able to score more goals than we did last year. Even without Ryder.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Ryder scored far too inconsistently. He had 2 goals for us in his final 36 games here. He had another stretch earlier in the season of 1 goal in 18 games. When it's that inconsistent, I'm not too worried about it needing to be replaced. Especially since it's not like he put up 25-30, and literally all he brings to the table is those 18 goals. He brings nothing else at all. He's just not a good fit here.

With the additions of Havlat and Cammalleri we've hopefully created more balance. Collectively, we should be able to score more goals than we did last year. Even without Ryder.

Send Ryder the glider to Phoenix for a pick

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008

The Devils win the cup...

Do any1 of you remember this? My God I want my Devils to win the cup...

I was there. ..sec234 row 7..sat three rows above where doc and Peter McNab did the games from. That was great because it was won,last five minutes was a countdown. In 2003 wasn't sown up until Freisen scored.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA

The Devils win the cup...

Do any1 of you remember this? My God I want my Devils to win the cup...

I was watching this with my buddies. We all had our assigned seats - to ensure no jinx. I'm not ashamed to admit that I had tears rolling down my face. When Brylin scored, is when I knew it was gonna happen. That goal gives me goosebumps to this day.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I was there. ..sec234 row 7..sat three rows above where doc and Peter McNab did the games from. That was great because it was won,last five minutes was a countdown. In 2003 wasn't sown up until Freisen scored.

I think it was John Davidson with Doc for that game/series
(not to split hairs) I just remember him saying congratulations to the fans in NJ

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
With Ryder's goal scoring history i really dont see him having another season like that. I also dont want to have to depend on Havlat to replace offense we would lose from Ryder.

He had a bad season and scored 18 goals which was tied for 3rd on this hockey team. If he has a normal season we could have 3 25+ goal scorers (Henrique, Cammy, Ryder) and 3 20+ guys (Elias, Jagr, Zajac) which would be huge and who knows what Havlat brings, thats just added scoring. Dunno why but i have a feeling about Havlat.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Only 6 of Ryder's 18 goals were in wins.

In comparison 13 of Zajac's 18 goals were in wins.

It's as if Ryder's ineffective overall style of play resulted in a level of ineffectiveness even when he scored.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
how about Camwo

you know we have this argument going in two threads, maybe we should use the Devils sign Cammalleri thread for the name thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad