Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Fanatik*

I'd like one of Edmonton's young forwards, because they are just a waste of talent over there.

My hate for Edmonton is growing rapidly. They really just don't care, I am thankful I am not a fan of them because I would have stopped watching years ago.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I'd like one of Edmonton's young forwards, because they are just a waste of talent over there.

My hate for Edmonton is growing rapidly. They really just don't care, I am thankful I am not a fan of them because I would have stopped watching years ago.

And in my opinion they are contenders 3-5 years from now.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
They've been saying that for 3-5 years.

Yeah but if you look at forwards core they've got, it's going to be absolutely insane, if they are able to keep their talent: Yakupov, Draisaitl, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron. I wouldn't be unhappy with Gordon, Pouliot and Purcell as my 3rd line (however their contracts are terrible). In defence they have Fayne, Nikitin, Ference + some young d-men. Scrivens also seems to be good goalie but if I were them I'd look for upgrade in that department.

With so many early picks it's impossible to mess it up.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah but if you look at forwards core they've got, it's going to be absolutely insane, if they are able to keep their talent: Yakupov, Draisaitl, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Perron. I wouldn't be unhappy with Gordon, Pouliot and Purcell as my 3rd line (however their contracts are terrible). In defence they have Fayne, Nikitin, Ference + some young d-men. Scrivens also seems to be good goalie but if I were them I'd look for upgrade in that department.

Youth without structure doesn't bring value equal to its talent. Edmonton is an organizational disaster without veteran structure to ask as a backbone. They're an inchoate team and they should be dealing some of the young talent for veteran leaders and talents to take some of the pressure off. Until they actually do that, they'll continue being a very promising but ultimately unsuccessful team.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
^Exactly.

I'm not referring to anyone specifically in this thread or elsewhere, but it always amazes me when Devils fans are the ones who can't recognize how much the way you play matters. Identity matters.

Jeez, look at the Spurs.

I will say that the counter-argument to that is what we've all witnessed as Devils fans the last two years. No question, talent also matters. But not as much as identity.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have been saying Edmonton will be amazing for years now .. Never happened

Same with the Islanders.

Believe it or not I actually think the Islanders are closer to going places than Edmonton.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have zero respect for franchises that perpetually tank for better draft picks.

I'm still laughing at Scrivens saying the fans were disrespecting Gretzky and the teams past by throwing their Oilers jerseys on the ice.

More like management and the players there now are the ones disgracing Gretzky and the teams past.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I'm still laughing at Scrivens saying the fans were disrespecting Gretzky and the teams past by throwing their Oilers jerseys on the ice.

More like management and the players there now are the ones disgracing Gretzky and the teams past.

Gretzky himself dissed the Oil by retiring a rag

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

thats the problem...they aren't going to be able to sign all those guys while also dressing a competent D corps/goalie most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad