Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Anyway its unbelievably evident why "fan groups" like the Diablos will never work.

As this thread proves, We all hate each other :laugh:

Oh well, if the team wins we wont give a **** in the end even though we are all *****ing on both sides right now

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I seriously dislike the "You Suck" crowd. Never have yelled it, never will.

I've had DEVILS fans thrown out for cursing repeatedly in front of families/younger fans after being asked, repeatedly, to not do so. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but some of the crap that families have to put up with is just unacceptable.

To add to the above: I definitely hate most Devils fans and I'm not shy to not say it. I've said it plenty before. Overall, for better or worse, we're an over-expecting, over-privileged, young, immature, ungrateful fan base.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I didnt and would never "booo"

But I also think people need to understand they are not booing the goal, they are booing the song, and the fact it was changed.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Anyway its unbelievably evident why "fan groups" like the Diablos will never work.

Oh well, if the team wins we wont give a **** in the end even though we are all *****ing on both sides right now

QFT. I can't wait until, like last year, this BS dies down. Especially while the boys are rolling to start the season.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
As I said, vote with your wallet. Don't go. But don't act like the fact that you've paid your ticket makes a childish, selfish response any more justified.

Selfish? Sure. Are we not all being somewhat selfish when purchasing entertainment? Besides that, the vast majority of the fans are on my side of this argument. I guess that makes the majority of our fan base selfish in your eyes.

And how is it childish? I paid for a product and am expressing my opinion of said product. If the arena and entertainment aren't a part of the entire experience, then why did we even bother leaving the meadowlands?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You don't like a twenty-second goal song so you're going to boo it when the team scores? The fact you don't like the song shouldn't override cheering for the team. You're there to watch a hockey team win, not a concert. Do you boo every single song in the in-game rotation you don't like?

Again there are better ways to protest WITHOUT ruining the in-game for those who are there to watch hockey and cheer their team. Or making the players wonder wtf is going on in their own arena. Besides all the protesting in the world (the boos, the e-mails, the social media) didn't change it back last year, give up the ghost already people! How long are you guys planning to boo, the next five years? Ten? GIVE...IT...UP!

GhostofKenKlee

As a STH, I have recommended a Family seating section prior to building of the Prudential Center.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Seriously, if this is THAT much of an issue for you, don't go to the games. Put your money where your mouth is. Punish the franchise for ignoring your demands as a paying customer.

Naturally we're not seeing that...because deep down they know this is not worth missing out on watching their favorite team. So instead they pay their money, show up to the games, and embarass themselves by booing after a goal is scored. Typical bratty spoiled NJD fans.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I've had DEVILS fans thrown out for cursing repeatedly in front of families/younger fans after being asked, repeatedly, to not do so. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but some of the crap that families have to put up with is just unacceptable.

There is a distinction between "sucks" and consistent vulgarity/cursing.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Selfish? Sure. Are we not all being somewhat selfish when purchasing entertainment? Besides that, the vast majority of the fans are on my side of this argument. I guess that makes the majority of our fan base selfish in your eyes.

And how is it childish? I paid for a product and am expressing my opinion of said product. If the arena and entertainment aren't a part of the entire experience, then why did we even bother leaving the meadowlands?

Look, in the interest of what njdevsfn95 said, truce...

I realize you're of a different mind on this and we're just going to agree to disagree.

The bottom line is, I realize there's something of a civil disobedience drive in some people that irks the hell out of me. I'd like to think we're unified in a reason to cheer the first goal at the Rock this year, but there are some who are waiting, instead, to boo and "You Suck" your way through an awkward refrain. One way or the other, it will peter out before long and be replaced with some new normal. I just tire of the tug-of-war between this vocal group of fans and management...

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

No one is forcing you to pay for the product. Save your money and time if you don't like it...if you're not willing to go that far then you're really in no position to complain.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You don't like a twenty-second goal song so you're going to boo it when the team scores? The fact you don't like the song shouldn't override cheering for the team. You're there to watch a hockey team win, not a concert. Do you boo every single song in the in-game rotation you don't like?

Again there are better ways to protest WITHOUT ruining the in-game for those who are there to watch hockey and cheer their team. Or making the players wonder wtf is going on in their own arena. Besides all the protesting in the world (the boos, the e-mails, the social media) didn't change it back last year, give up the ghost already people! How long are you guys planning to boo, the next five years? Ten? GIVE...IT...UP!

Seconded. And Jesus at worst we will be 4-1 on Saturday with a team that looks way better then the mess that was last year.

If it bothers people THAT much then don't financially support the team by going. It's that simple. If you choose to go then try and enjoy the damn experience.

We got this new projection system that should make for epic pre game shows. We got new food venders that will hopefully not suck and we have a good on ice product!

So let's all just let sleeping dogs lie and go and have an awesome opening night for our favorite team who is also currently undefeated.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is anyone that delusional that they think booing the song will have the team pull a 180? I mean, really.

Sadly it seems that way. After all of last year when people booed, wrote letters and protested five hundred different ways apparently the message still hasn't sunk in that these guys are not backing down and the song is gone for good. Chanting YS with all the new songs is childish at best, and something that is getting harder to explain to people each song removed from RR2.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It will be again after another 30 posts :laugh:

Although unfortunately the goal song thing is going to be in every thread for the next couple days...maybe we should just bump up/create a new single thread for it :P

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Bottom line is everyone is gonna find a way to put you suck in there. Not a lot of people like the fact that the Devils are telling them how to cheer. Its the principle, its not that people just like saying you suck.

goawaygary*

Also it's a very soccer-ish concept. And soccer isn't the NHL

I have had 2 instances where I was forced to sit near the diablos and found the experience very irritating. When I buy tix I make sure I'm at least 2 sections away

Everybody is different. Sometimes when I'm popping in from work on Wednesday to see Panthers-Devs, I don't feel like acting like a lunatic all game. I just want to unwind with a beer and enjoy the game.

But during a mid season weekend game against the Rags, sure I might get a bit loud and passionate.

That's the way most people are I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad