Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
What a crock of **** on the Devils part - now they're trying to fall back on a different excuse (which is far more valid than the one they fell back on last year), Gary Glitter being a convict, when last year his name was never acknowledged when the goal song topic was brought to their attention - it was always about the family and game experience

http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowlandsmatters/7395/devils-goal-song-what-happened-to-rock-n-roll-part-2/

and then even in their own letter to the fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/nj-devils-vulgar-chants-offended-large-portion-fan-215043110--nhl.html

They made it about all about "you suck" last year and to futher support this, remember they told the Diablos that they couldn't participate in the "you suck" or they'd be thrown out :)laugh:) and that they couldn't participate in the "rangers suck/flyers swallow" chants or the same would be applied with zero mention of Gary Glitter. If they would have 1) been open about the change of the song from the start rather than throwing everybody for a surprise and 2) used the Gary Glitter convict front, far more people would have been accepting of it because nobody supports the things he was convicted for, but because they made it about the chants, they have had to deal with the issues they only created themselves

What do they think we're stupid?

They've made some solid improvements to the arena and other areas sure, but **** them, what a bunch of blowhards

Is this song really that important to you or are you more annoyed with the owners for some unknown reason? This is the biggest thing you have an issue with when it comes to the team?

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Is this song really that important to you or are you more annoyed with the owners for some unknown reason? This is the biggest thing you have an issue with when it comes to the team?

I get that it seems silly to some, but I can say it's a big deal to me and all my Devils fans friends up here in NY. A big disappointment that's talked about often. Even their children are upset.

You, or anybody else, are not any better than us for not caring as much.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

For real, it's mind numbing the emphasis that some fans put on such trivial things instead of focusing on the true issues that have plagued this hockey club (such as scouting).

To us long time fans, the goal song was hijacked by the You Suckers.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I get that it seems silly to some, but I can say it's a big deal to me and all my Devils fans friends up here in NY. A big disappointment that's talked about often.

You, or anybody else, are not any better than us for not caring as much.

I'm sorry but a long multi paragraph post about a stupid ****ing goal song is definitely over the top.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
It's all about getting more kid friendly - bringing families in because they eat more ****** hot dogs and buy more tickets than a college kid. It's all about money. Nothing new there.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This didn't take long....

Saw this on Facebook

I've really had enough of these babies trying to work "you suck" back into chants. The organization that you’re supposedly there to support clearly doesn’t want this. It makes the fan base look bad and is having a negative impact on the team’s bottom line. I don’t understand the obsession of some to constantly try to work this back in there.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
For all those really pissed about the goal song...you should protest by not going to the games. Please feel free to put your tickets on StubHub. I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lame that they are now playing the Pedo card. I remember the whole schtick of the family atmosphere letter.

Vanderbeek played the card once before so it isn't new. It is how they should of changed it last year.

Listening to it I now remember the rough cut this guy made last year during all this nonsense. I remember liking it then (and lots of guys on here liking it too) I still like it. Prefer heys to woos, but that is nitpicking.

Goal song is fine and does the job.

I will SERIOUSLY lose my **** Saturday if anyone boos a goal.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I've said it before. Fans want players who are "Devil" players. Guys who exemplify the professional model set up by Lou. Players who have grievances should nut up and keep quiet for the betterment of the team. We've prided ourselves on being a model franchise and we've generally met criticism (trap! boring! No fannz!) with results.

But if the team asks the fans to contribute to this professional model? Well **** right the hell off! Nut up? No way... We ***** and we moan and we act like schoolkids trying to get one over on the teacher.

It's embarrassing and it will be a disgrace if anyone boos goals over this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Vanderbeek played the card once before so it isn't new. It is how they should of changed it last year.

Listening to it I now remember the rough cut this guy made last year during all this nonsense. I remember liking it then (and lots of guys on here liking it too) I still like it. Prefer heys to woos, but that is nitpicking.

Goal song is fine and does the job.

I will SERIOUSLY lose my **** Saturday if anyone boos a goal.

Thing is that actually WAS the reasoning for them pulling the song then, it was a consistent message. And the song was restored when the royalty fee issues were worked out.

Now it just comes off as disingenous at best to bring up the pedo thing when there wasn't word one about it last year. That first article Wingman posted I laughed when they admitted reaction was mixed but you have to look beyond the 'vocal minority'. Sure didn't sound like a minority of anything that booed the goal song the first night.

But other than that how they're handling it this year should have been how they handled it last year. With fan input and above board. Last year they tried to change the goal song the way the Colts moved out of Baltimore, in the middle of the night. And I don't actually mind this one so long as the fans and the team don't contribute to ruining it with booing/YS and insanely loud noise/canned LGD chants.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I've said it before. Fans want players who are "Devil" players. Guys who exemplify the professional model set up by Lou. Players who have grievances should nut up and keep quiet for the betterment of the team. We've prided ourselves on being a model franchise and we've generally met criticism (trap! boring! No fannz!) with results.

But if the team asks the fans to contribute to this professional model? Well **** right the hell off! Nut up? No way... We ***** and we moan and we act like schoolkids trying to get one over on the teacher.

Perfectly said...such a contrast between what some fans expect of this organization vs. how they represent the fan base in the stands.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
For real, it's mind numbing the emphasis that some fans put on such trivial things instead of focusing on the true issues that have plagued this hockey club (such as scouting).

Isn't that what got us here in the first place? The opposite group of fans focusing on trivial things like the goal song and complaining about it?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

As a 6-year season ticket holder in the lower bowl, I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this organization in just that time frame. Therefore, I will voice my displeasure with the new owners decisions in any way I feel (within reason). If they don't like hearing me boo, or say sucks, or my emails and calls, they can stop taking my money and eject me from the arena.

Where do all of you anti-RnRP2 people hide in real life? I have yet to meet a single Devil's fan - at the arena or otherwise - who supports this decision.

The boos will be prevalent on Saturday night. If you don't wish to hear them, don't show up.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

That post has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of the song being an issue, which I've stated a couple of times already is what it is for me, nor does it with ownership being an issue. In fact I'm not sure where you even got ownership from, because nowhere are they mentioned in my post or the articles listed in regards to the song

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing is that actually WAS the reasoning for them pulling the song then, it was a consistent message. And the song was restored when the royalty fee issues were worked out.

Now it just comes off as disingenous at best to bring up the pedo thing when there wasn't word one about it last year. That first article Wingman posted I laughed when they admitted reaction was mixed but you have to look beyond the 'vocal minority'. Sure didn't sound like a minority of anything that booed the goal song the first night.

But other than that how they're handling it this year should have been how they handled it last year. With fan input and above board. Last year they tried to change the goal song the way the Colts moved out of Baltimore, in the middle of the night. And I don't actually mind this one so long as the fans and the team don't contribute to ruining it with booing/YS and insanely loud noise/canned LGD chants.

I said it yesterday this was how they should of changed it last year. If they pulled the Gary Glitter is a pedo thing last year there would of been less complaining and things would of just blown over.

Its disingenuous now, but whatever its done. The new song sounds fine. Let the fans add whatever they want, I honestly don't care. Ya I don't like the piped in "Let's go devils" but I don't mind the idea of it. If the crowd chanted it naturally I think it would be cool. Nothing wrong with a positive reaction when we just scored a goal.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006

To us long time fans, the goal song was hijacked by the You Suckers.

You arent speaking for all "long time fans."

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
I just dont get the point of booing. Very selfish act. They arent going back to Garry Glitter just move on and lets worry about hockey

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
As a 6-year season ticket holder in the lower bowl, I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this organization in just that time frame. Therefore, I will voice my displeasure with the new owners decisions in any way I feel (within reason). If they don't like hearing me boo, or say sucks, or my emails and calls, they can stop taking my money and eject me from the arena.

Where do all of you anti-RnRP2 people hide in real life? I have yet to meet a single Devil's fan - at the arena or otherwise - who supports this decision.

The boos will be prevalent on Saturday night. If you don't wish to hear them, don't show up.

I don't hide anywhere myself, I just don't get worked up over the goal song the way others do. Do I like Rock and Roll Part 2 the most? Of course. But I liked Ole! when we had it, I liked Seven Nation Army minus the canned Let's Go Devils chants and I don't mind this song either.

The point to me is that the team and actual goals are what mean the most to me as a fan. That is why I go. I'd never boo my team after scoring a goal. The thought is ludicrous and I think it says a lot about those fans that would rather focus on that than the actual game.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Isn't that what got us here in the first place? The opposite group of fans focusing on trivial things like the goal song and complaining about it?

There's never been evidence of a concerted effort to get rid of it in the first place. What complaints management got through other means is speculative at best. Everyone wants to say management is bending over for a vocal minority with no substantiating details.

It could be as simple as the fact that management does not like it and wants to distance itself as part of the team's image.

As I said, vote with your wallet. Don't go. But don't act like the fact that you've paid your ticket makes a childish, selfish response any more justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad