Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yet another example of how there's always a group of people around to complain about any and everything.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
It wasn't because they needed him there. He forced his way in. In fact, he complicated everything by doing so.

You send him down and call him up when someone gets injured.

It's not complicated at all.

All of a sudden, we're running the team with the philosophy that "youngsters need to play at whatever expense." Where was that the last few years? Why doesn't that apply to Larsson? Gelinas? Josefson?

Severson wasn't ridiculously good in the games that were televised. Good enough to warrant NHL time at some point this season.. yes. But not good enough that he or another kid should be sitting.

Just another case of Deboer's putrid personnel decision-making. Guy is a solid coach when it comes to the actual game but he's terrible in this aspect. The fact that Lou doesn't step in and goes along with it (or worse, takes an active role in it) is absolutely worrying.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
as much as I love Larsson I think at this point just trade him away and let him actually play somewhere

What's coming back? Because there's no way they are just dumping him. He's as valuable an asset as they have in the whole organization. Maybe the most valuable.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I don't know enough about Helgeson. Re: Larsson, he was a number 4 overall pick. He needs to get a legit shot and play. He hasn't had one since he was 18. Even when he was in last year he had good underlying numbers.

Bottom line is I don't trust this coach. He has shown time and time again to be someone who is why to stubborn once he has an idea in his head.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
What's coming back? Because there's no way they are just dumping him. He's as valuable an asset as they have in the whole organization. Maybe the most valuable.

you definitely dont dump. but you get something back we are actually going to use

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Yet another example of how there's always a group of people around to complain about any and everything.

I'd much rather be the one complaining than simply nodding my head at everything the team does.

After all, it's not like they've had results with the way they've been conducting business recently.

But you can build your own narrative however you want. I applaud and love everything we've done this off-season up to this point. Don't even care about Carter vs. Tootoo. This is just stupid though. There's no reason a kid should be sitting.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
unsure why people are trash talking Severson cracking the lineup. This is what training camp and preseason is for... to prove to staff that they can play. You guys should be excited that he is turning into a good young dman.

He is a great dman and developed in one of the best organizations in the CHL in Kelowna that many other good NHL dmen came from. Weber, Keith, Myers, Barrie, Edler, Gorges, Hannan, Schenn, Souray are some of the bigger named Rockets alumi dmen.. not to mention some big named forwards also. He came from a winning organization and is just another stud dman that as been a result of Kelowna preparing him sooner rather than later to become a fulltime NHLer

GET EXCITED!!!!

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005

All of a sudden, we're running the team with the philosophy that "youngsters need to play at whatever expense." Where was that the last few years? Why doesn't that apply to Larsson? Gelinas? Josefson?

Severson wasn't ridiculously good in the games that were televised. Good enough to warrant NHL time at some point this season.. yes. But not good enough that he or another kid should be sitting.

Just another case of Deboer's putrid personnel decision-making. Guy is a solid coach when it comes to the actual game but he's terrible in this aspect. The fact that Lou doesn't step in and goes along with it (or worse, takes an active role in it) is absolutely worrying.

So if Deboer chooses vets to play over youngsters, he's terrible, but if he chooses a youngster to play over youngsters, he's putrid.

I doubt he was looking for another kid to come in and mess everything up. The guy played his way onto the team.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
you definitely dont dump. but you get something back we are actually going to use

What is needed? An upgrade to play with Havlat/Elias maybe? A #1 draft pick? I'm not sure what Larsson brings back, but it seems like anything good the Devils could get back isn't available two days before the season starts.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'd much rather be the one complaining than simply nodding my head at everything the team does.

After all, it's not like they've had results with the way they've been conducting business recently.

But you can build your own narrative however you want. I applaud and love everything we've done this off-season up to this point. Don't even care about Carter vs. Tootoo. This is just stupid though. There's no reason a kid should be sitting.

Once Larsson is sitting as the 7th... Then complain. You and the others complaining are the ones "building your own narrative". Stop assuming things and let this play out. Then react.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
No one is trash talking Severson making the team. What none of us want to see the guy is probably our best overall talented young defensemen who was drafted #4 overall pushed aside. I think pretty much all of us would like to see him get a legit chance to play and make strides this year, sink or swim. Because that is what is best for this team long term.

And none of us trust this coach to do what is best for the team in this regard.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Once Larsson is sitting as the 7th... Then complain. You and the others complaining are the ones "building your own narrative". Stop assuming things and let this play out. Then react.

Again this coach has a strong consistent history with this. If he is practicing as a 7th that is where he is going to start the season. Thus the *****ing. This same thing happened last year.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York

DeBoer got his roster 85 minutes ago. He has yet to make his first personnel decision.

I know you guys are all mystics and fortune tellers, but let the guy make at least one decision with this years team before you bust out the torches.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Why wait to panic based on actual events when you can invent them in your head and complain unendingly before they've even happened?!?!

378ccb79e654b39dfd05bc613ab203e7288df5dcd63373726daf09e3f50113c1.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
No one is trash talking Severson making the team. What none of us want to see the guy is probably our best overall talented young defensemen who was drafted #4 overall pushed aside. I think pretty much all of us would like to see him get a legit chance to play and make strides this year, sink or swim. Because that is what is best for this team long term.

well obviously in the coaches eyes he isn't the best overall talented dman. Maybe to the fans he is? Sorry I don't follow NJD very close but I just wanted to give my 2 cents with Severson cause I am extremely jealous u guys drafted him. .

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If there isn't a mystery injury that occurs over these next 24 hours then Larsson will sit on Thursday. They've sat him for no reason before and they will do it again. Even when he looks good in pre-season Larsson still will get the raw end of the deal. How Lou sits back and lets this happen is beyond me. At some point you need to look at the big picture. You have a 21 year old, top 5 pick who needs to play being screwed for who? Bryce ****ing Salvador? Who the **** is he? . That's the problem with Deboer. Hes always thinking short term because he knows his job is at stake, so he still goes with veterans that he knows and likes such as Gionta, Salvador, Harrold, etc.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Why does everyone think Larsson will be sitting? the other day at practice Gelinas was paired with the guy who just got sent down to Albany. I guess we will find out tomorrow

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006

agreed with this, i have no real issue with tootoo, because the guy earned his way onto the team. i dont think they anticipated him having a chance to make the roster heading into camp really. i would, however, like gomez to eventually catch on and sign b/c i think there is some use from him on the pp, 4 on 4 and some additional skill in that bottom six. josefson did nothing to earn a spot in the opening lineup this preseason so im not up in arms on that, but brunner is getting ****ed for no reason. i also do have issue with the defense, as its clearly going to be one of the young guys sitting. no excuse why harrold isnt still in NJ as the 7th guy, with severson down in the AHL playing top minutes to adjust to the pro game. its a recipe for disaster playing these games again having 22 year olds in the press box. again too, there is no reason to think pete will make the logical decision b/c he continuously proves incompetent of fielding the best lineup/combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad