Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Status Quo*

Anyone know if Cammalleri tshirts are available yet?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey Bleedred so you still pay for MSG separate from Center Ice to get the Devils pregame? If so, how much does that cost?

Yes I do. I'm not absolutely sure off the top of my head, but I think it might be around $10 bucks or so.

I also get SNY, YES, and all the MSG's.

I also get the New York local stations like ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, instead of the local Tampa stations. My buddy who is originally from Jersey and a Giants fan, absolutely loves this. He comes over every Sunday to watch the Giants cause I get them on the local channels for nothing. Hockey doesn't work this way though. I need to buy center ice to get the Devils.

This is all with Directv by the way.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yes I do. I'm not absolutely sure off the top of my head, but I think it might be around $10 bucks or so.

I also get SNY, YES, and all the MSG's.

I also get the New York local stations like ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, instead of the local Tampa stations. My buddy who is originally from Jersey and a Giants fan, absolutely loves this. He comes over every Sunday to watch the Giants cause I get them on the local channels for nothing. Hockey doesn't work this way though. I need to buy center ice to get the Devils.

This is all with Directv by the way.

Thank you sir. I think I'm going to do that this year.

Surprised DirecTV didn't close that loophole for those Giants games yet.

Deleted member 28548

More then a little concerning the Devils have only one five on five goal scored in preseason thus far after Deboer saying he has no concerns about this years offense. That just isn't going to cut it in the regular season.

Count me in on wanting Boucher and Matteau to make the opening night roster against all odds. Devils need a better mix of youth and speed upfront along with some toughness and goal scoring. I'll take them on the fourth line in a more limited role initially with the opportunity for Boucher getting lots of power play time and the two of them being promoted to the third line or higher when Deboer begins his endless line shuffling. The kids are ready at this point and have nothing further to be gained in the AHL. Doubtful we see this, but it would be nice to see. Missionhockey, just because you start on the fourth line doesnt mean you are locked in there as seen with CBGB last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevils6

Jan 24, 2013
does anyone have an extra ticket for the meet and greet for sunday
me and my brother are going and taking my nephew but my sis in law got off work and wants to come so i only need 1

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
More then a little concerning the Devils have only one five on five goal scored in preseason thus far after Deboer saying he has no concerns about this years offense. That just isn't going to cut it in the regular season.

Count me in on wanting Boucher and Matteau to make the opening night roster against all odds. Devils need a better mix of youth and speed upfront along with some toughness and goal scoring. I'll take them on the fourth line in a more limited role initially with the opportunity for Boucher getting lots of power play time and the two of them being promoted to the third line or higher when Deboer begins his endless line shuffling. The kids are ready at this point and have nothing further to be gained in the AHL. Doubtful we see this, but it would be nice to see. Missionhockey, just because you start on the fourth line doesnt mean you are locked in there as seen with CBGB last season.

The problem is we have 14 forwards on one way deals, not counting Boucher, or the three guys still on tryouts. We would probably have to dump at least two forwards (or more if either Gomez or Carter are signed) just to make room for Boucher. It might just end up being easier to send him down. Injuries are inevitable with some of our forwards, so Boucher could find himself back up pretty soon anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

We actually have four 5 on 5 goals (not counting Zids ENG). They just all happened in the Rags game. Pete has acknowledged that 5 on 5 play isn't where he wants it yet.

Also to discount the fact the PP is scoring goals in every game would be shortsighted. Improved special teams is going to be a big part of our potential success.

On Boucher. We can in theory waive one player to make room for him now, but it causes problems further down the lineup. One of Zubs/Ruutu/Brunner would have to sit (I guess Zubs could center those two but I don't think Lou is going to ice that expensive of a 4th line, just Ruutu and Brunner is pushing it I think). Add Gomez and you have to waive another.

It just makes the most sense for Boucher to start in Albany. He can be the first call up if there is a bad top 6 injury. Right now all our current top forwards with contracts should be playing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank you sir. I think I'm going to do that this year.

Surprised DirecTV didn't close that loophole for those Giants games yet.

Yeah I think it's about $10 bucks or so approximately. I ordered it 3 years ago when I moved here, so I don't recall exactly how much it is.

My first year here, they didn't blackout the preseason games. Now they do. :rant:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 5m5 minutes ago

Devs' lineup tonight: Forwards: Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr; Havlat-Elias-Zubrus; Clowe-Henrique-Ryder; Ruutu-Gionta-Tootoo.

my guess is they are holding brunner out after he took that puck to the face and also being cautious with gomez. that being said, gionta draws in since josefson has been in basically every game so far. wouldnt read much into that fourth line tonight.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why is Zidlicky not playing again, does he have some super secret injury? Or are they just keeping down mileage on his 37-year old body?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Ideally tonight's F lineup is what we want to be going into the start of the year with the obvious Brunner/Tootoo swap

Gomez/Carter should be the 4th line center/bench guy but unfortunately I think we'll see Gionta in that spot for Carter because of who does/doesn't have a contract

Bernier almost is definitely on the outside looking in and Josefson as well

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
If they are truly being "Careful" with Gomez, he made the team plain and simple.

My Projected 23 man Lineup

Cammy - Zajac - Jagr
Havlat - Elias - Zubrus
Clowe - Henrique - Ryder
Ruutu - Gomez - Brunner

Gionta
Carter (Gomez could be IR'ed in that case 1 of Tootoo or Josefson makes it)

Greene - Merrill
Zidlicky - Salvador
Gelinas - Larsson
Harrold

Schneider
Kinkaid

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they are truly being "Careful" with Gomez, he made the team plain and simple.

Or his 'not big deal' wrist injury turns out to be something he needs surgery on and misses four months. Or they actually 'are' taking advantage of their current roster depth and not playing him while a little nicked up...just cause a guy isn't on the team doesn't mean they have to play him while he's banged up when other healthy camp fodder's around and most of the regulars are playing anyway.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Some of the other guys they're not as familiar with (such as Tootoo), they wanted to see again.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
DeBoer said guys such as Gomez, Carter, Bernier, they are already very familiar with and don't need to see play again.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How are they more familiar with Gomez than Tootoo? Tootoo's played four preseason games to Gomez's three :laugh: Unless they mean Lou/Elias are more familiar with him, cause they're the only guys left not counting assistants that were around when he played.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Or his 'not big deal' wrist injury turns out to be something he needs surgery on and misses four months. Or they actually 'are' taking advantage of their current roster depth and not playing him while a little nicked up...just cause a guy isn't on the team doesn't mean they have to play him while he's banged up when other healthy camp fodder's around and most of the regulars are playing anyway.

I think there are a few different situations that could have occurred with Gomez:

1) He has a "not big deal" wrist injury that is taking him out of a couple games. If I was playing to make the team, this would not keep me out of the game and I could surely seeing a guy like Gomez letting Deboer knows he can and wants to play.

The way Gomez was playing he's not going to let this injury be what gets him cut in the long run. Deboer may have ensured him his position was safe for the time being and they need him healthy.

2) It's a long-term injury in which case the Devils would put him on the IR and wouldn't have to waste a roster spot. This will allow a guy like Josefson, Carter, or Tootoo to be signed as an extra forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad