GDT: Devils @ Stars - 2:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Wait a minute he's shooting at 10.8% on a career average of 10.8%!?!!? This is an outrage! I was told that his 16.5% last year and his 17.39% to start this year was his new norm and he'd never regress to his career average.

I was hoping for more from the poor guy, I still think there’s more offense in that brain mush somewhere. He did better defensively! But yeah, he was still very Zacha-y.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I was hoping for more from the poor guy, I still think there’s more offense in that brain mush somewhere. He did better defensively! But yeah, he was still very Zacha-y.

Send him to Boston and let him be the 2C between Hall and Pasta. They can do all the work for him and he can just exist as a spot up shooter

Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If Zacha is relegated to LW3 I don't know that there will be many upgrades that won't be more expensive while producing a ton more. He's basically a .5 PPG player and I think that's valuable. I know people hate him but if he's not looking for a big raise and is willing to play 3LW and get back to killing PKs I'd be happy with it.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Camille the Eel

I have to say, if I am a Stars fan, I am quite disgusted with Tiler Segin on that play. Maybe he was just gassed. But Nico just undresses him nearly. Segin is chasing that play hopelessly the entire time.

And about 3 minutes earlier, Shango (I think it was Shango) hits a crossbar/goalpost dead on and puck bounces straight out 10 feet in front of the goal; so bang on is the shot.

And Segin was brain or leg dead on that Shango play too. He was just embarrassed by Shango.

So if I’m a stars fan, in a must win game, I am asking what’s up with Segin? Is he just through since his surgery? He looks like a totally different player than the one who won the cup with Boston in his sophomore year. Heavier; slower; less dangerous; less involved.

Tiler or Taylor? Hall looks to have a hell of a lot more left these days.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If Zacha is relegated to LW3 I don't know that there will be many upgrades that won't be more expensive while producing a ton more. He's basically a .5 PPG player and I think that's valuable. I know people hate him but if he's not looking for a big raise and is willing to play 3LW and get back to killing PKs I'd be happy with it.

I don't think he wants to be here anymore anyway.

He's really not a .5 PPG player. Sure that's technically where he is this year but that's while averaging the 4th most ice time for forwards at nearly 16:44 with the 4th most average PP time for forwards at over 2 minutes. Those are 2 things he won't have going forward which will drop his production. His 5v5 production is back down in the dumps after being carried last year by his SH%. He's back down to 1.28 5v5 P/60 which ranks tied with Kuokkanen for 277th among forwards.

I agree he'd be "fine" as 3rd line PKer but I don't think that's what he wants and he's not going to stay around here for that. We also haven't used him on the PK which has been dumb. His 5v5 time should've been reduced far earlier than it was and replaced with PK time.

Reactions: Shakir ONeal

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I just don’t think there’s room for him anymore with Zetterlund and Holtz needing spots in the top 9 next year.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I have to say, if I am a Stars fan, I am quite disgusted with Tiler Segin on that play. Maybe he was just gassed. But Nico just undresses him nearly. Segin is chasing that play hopelessly the entire time.

And about 3 minutes earlier, Shango (I think it was Shango) hits a crossbar/goalpost dead on and puck bounces straight out 10 feet in front of the goal; so bang on is the shot.

And Segin was brain or leg dead on that Shango play too. He was just embarrassed by Shango.

So if I’m a stars fan, in a must win game, I am asking what’s up with Segin? Is he just through since his surgery? He looks like a totally different player than the one who won the cup with Boston in his sophomore year. Heavier; slower; less dangerous; less involved.

Tiler or Taylor? Hall looks to have a hell of a lot more left these days.
He also stunk on the Smith goal. I guess it’s the injuries. It’s no longer Seguin and Benn’s team. All about Hintz, Robertson and Heiskanen now.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Again, nothing to do with hate, at least with me. And looking for “a big raise” is the problem.

You don’t tend to sign RFAs to a bridge deal after their 1st bridge deal, but anything longer does involve a raise.

The rumor is he going to sign his 3m QO and then become a UFA. Then he can head off somewhere else where he can play center and/or maybe get on scoring line with less defensive duties. He can potentially set himself up for more money that way over playing down our line-up.

He has one year left of team control. He has the power to chose what happens now. And posters didn’t create all the rumors about him leaving and team potentially moving him TDL deals. There were actual rumors there, as opposed to a potential Severson trade, which was basically just fan chatter.

And I think Zacha’s agent is pushing for a trade, that’s often how you get that media chatter. He did it for Josh Anderson both times he was a RFA for example.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
JetBlue screwed me over, so I won’t be able to attend the game. Friend had first row seats lined up too. [/firstworldproblems]

Screenshot_20220409-165401~2.png

Don't mind me, still crying over spilled milk. Friend sent some photos from the seats.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I need to watch Reaugh’s call on the Smith and Zacha goals. Those don’t seem like goals he would like very much, especially the Ty Smith goal.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
9525AE04-FC97-41B8-AB3B-48994101CE34.jpeg

At least I will always have my picture of Mark Recchi admiring Blackwood skating back to his net, just moments before getting pulled.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He would have good production for a third liner but we need more balance / defensive ability on that line and guys that play a meaner game. However , I would be better off with Zacha as 3rd line LW than Johnson or Tatar on the line. Not really a popular take but thats where I am at.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Lol you’re welcome. Why hoard the all the disappointment for ourselves when we can share it with others.

It's funny because I don't think they played that poorly - could've easily had 3 or 4 goals if they could've hit the net on some chances in the first two periods - but they just had an awful 3rd period where they did almost nothing right.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad