GDT: Devils @ Stars - 2:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

RUNNING A HOCKEY TEAM IS NOT JUST A BUSINESS, IT'S A SCIENCE. JON TAFFER SAVE US!

HOW ABOUT THIS COACHING STAFF?
wmhNuTb.gif

WATCH OUT LINDY
jX1gzjE.gif

MARK RECCHI
oilSSca.gif

PAVEL ZACHA
0Bied8Z.gif

HEY DOUGIE, DO SOMETHING
5g0y3eP.gif

AND HOW ABOUT THAT GOALTENDING?
jP0XoZ8.gif

I MEAN, IT'S REALLY, REALLY BAD
LcW5Mf6.gif

HEY DANO
k37TLOL.gif

WILL THIS TEAM EVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?
o0Hn23W.gif

IF THIS TEAM DOESN'T GET IT'S SHIT TOGETHER
JJHh1jW.gif

FITZ, YOU NEED TO FIX THIS MESS
uS3T344.gif

hjyc4Uo.png

wLyI8tK.png

LwsEC4G.gif

ePu23Iz.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gillies should be playing today, but it’s gonna be Daws.

The only thing that’s gonna get Daws sat at this point is the return of Blackwood.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
If the Devils had a waiver wire pickup with 3 points in 9 games on the second line, people would be mad.
As far as I can tell Stars fans are not happy with Bowness right now but maybe that's just the usual bitching from fans during a trying season.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
What I’d love to see most for the rest of this season is for Bovqvist, Zetterlund, and Kuokkanen to all look like clearcut NHL regulars. That’d be huge for next season and give Fitz plenty of flexibility for whatever sort of restructuring he feels inclined to do.

Bahl and Smith would be nice too but i’m not holding my breath there. I’m not as pessimistic about either as this board seems to be, but i also don’t think either has a very high ceiling.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
A monster game from Studenic would be pretty hilarious too. And I think it’s honestly pretty possible, considering he’s trying to cement himself as an NHLer with two guys who’d otherwise have nothing to play for. I certainly don’t think the Devils are gonna be fired up to play today. Imagine the tweets if Studs turns Smith inside out before scoring a goal or something?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Daws stuff has really just gotten stupid at this point.

And we're now past the point where the head coach doesn't deserve the most blame for it.

And he's stayed around long enough where he's nearing Gillies territory of suck.

The only difference between Daws and Gillies at this point is that Daws has strung together a stretch of very good games. Gillies has not. That's the only thing that makes Daws better than Gillies at this point.

You can't even say Daws has performed well anymore. Literally this is just beating a dead horse by throwing him out there. That horse has been dead for 3.5 weeks, maybe close to 4 now? How many weeks ago was that Western Canada trip now?

I'm not convinced Daws will have better than an .885% or possibly even lower by season's end. It looks like he's gonna play almost every game.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A monster game from Studenic would be pretty hilarious too. And I think it’s honestly pretty possible, considering he’s trying to cement himself as an NHLer with two guys who’d otherwise have nothing to play for. I certainly don’t think the Devils are gonna be fired up to play today. Imagine the tweets if Studs turns Smith inside out before scoring a goal or something?
My hot take is that Studenic had his chances with NJ and I’d rather see Zetterlund and Greer get chances at this point. Maybe Studenic becomes a 20 goal 45 point player in Dallas but my guess is that he doesn’t. He never moved the needle ina bottom six role in NJ and he wasn’t going to play in a second line role. If NJ kept him over Geersten they still stink as a team and I doubt the record is even one win better. It’s just a whatever as I see it. NJ needs to start cycling out guys as it is. What’s Studenic’s upside? Johnsson? This year’s version of Tatar? Does anyone care if they are on the team next year?

The team has the beginning of a top six. I’ll include Shara in there as he is cost effective and can still improve a bit. They might have a fourth line if McLeod can improve. They maybe have a top four on defense if they can all stay healthy. That’s pretty much it heading into next season. The rest of the team is unsettled and subject to change including the coaching. So that’s maybe 8 forwards three of whom are fourth liners and four defenders. That means you’d ideally change 11 players on the 23 man roster. That’s a lot of guys who need replacing.

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
Theres a decent chance we lose out the rest of the season. Maybe we pull an upset win and we should probably beat ARZ, but with this goaltending......Buzz, your Girlfriend. Woof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad