Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Mike Cammalleri (5 years, $5M per)

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
Huge goal last night by Cammy. If it was ANY OTHER Devils player, that puck is whiffed.

Most anyone else would have either whiffed, or corralled the puck and by proxy been too late with the shot. Having the sense to fire it off right away one timer style plus the accuracy of the shot made what would seem like a gimme goal into something amazing.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
The puck does just seem to find him a lot, which I love. Reminds me of Parise in that regard.

Guy is a natural goal scorer. He just knows where to be on the ice and puts himself in positions to succeed. Nose for the net, etc.

Boucher needs to watch him closely and learn from him. This is the type of player he can be. Cammy is no slouch along the boards but that's not his game. His game is finding open areas of the ice and burying pucks that come to him with a quick wrister and deadly accuracy. Boucher's shot is comparable (his release needs work) but he needs to work on finding open areas of the ice and converting on his chances.

Watch him when he plays. He's never standing still along the boards waiting for pucks.. he's always moving towards open ice. If a man steps up, he finds a new spot of open ice.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Obviously he's not gonna come close to these totals, but right now Cammalleri's on pace for 52 goals and 82 points. He's been worth every penny he's been paid so far.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I wonder if there will come a time when someone comes here and says :

Right thread. :sarcasm:

BTW, wish we can clone Cammy and have more of him on this team.

He's exactly what the Devils needed, and probably still need. He's a shoot-first, responsible forward with the kind of lethal shot that can turn extended zone time into actual production. He's like if you put Michael Ryder's shot in a smaller body that can actually play hockey.

MountainGoat

Cam is way more skilled than I thought. I like how he always drops down to one knee for his onetimer, I tried to do that once when I was playing jr B but I fell over and popped my shoulder out of place.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I wish he would get to play along the left wall on the PP more for some one timers. I have no idea why he's not being utilized like this more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad