Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Mike Cammalleri (5 years, $5M per)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I would have said Parise was a better overall value last week.... but now that I see Cammalleri penalty killing and how smart and tenacious he is on the puck... I am a Cammy fan.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Wow - what a difference Cammy makes :amazed:

We had a pretty good run with defensively responsible garbagemen from Gio to Parise. When we lost Parise, we thought it was fine. But, this team looks night and day different with someone who can go to the front of the net and score the dirty goals, plus play within the system. It'd be nice if there was someone like that in the pipeline - but it's not clear that we've got anyone at the moment.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I've always enjoyed Mike's game. He does the little things very well and has a knack for scoring big goals. He fits in nicely with Zajac and Jagr.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Best Free Agent signing EVER.

The guy just fits here so well. I have to be honest I didn't like the signing at first...I thought it was to long of a deal for guy his age and I also thought Cammalleri is injured too often...

While none of that is really different or untrue, he fits so well on this team that none of that other stuff really matters...What I mean is, his fit with the organization outweighs anything negative you can say about the contract.

Love Cammalleri here.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I never Cammy was a good defensive player. As for contracts, his doesn't bother me, it's Clowe's that botherss me. Hee's playing well, however, he may be slowest player on the Devils.

Last edited:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'd love so much for Cammalleri to outscore (goals or points, I'm not picky :sarcasm:) Parise this season. I don't think it's likely or even probably, but it's possible, and I want it to happen.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
He's absolutely a much better value than Parise right now.. And definitely looks a lot like him with the hard forechecking, goals in close around the net, and reliability on D

I don't think he has "much better value." Lets calm down it is only 3 games in. I would still much rather have Zach, he is still an elite player. I like Cammalleri so far, like his commitment to the system, but Zach is one of the best wingers in the game.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't think he has "much better value." Lets calm down it is only 3 games in. I would still much rather have Zach, he is still an elite player. I like Cammalleri so far, like his commitment to the system, but Zach is one of the best wingers in the game.

Camm was on pace to score more goals than Parise last season. His health is gonna be the most important key to his success this season.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Hope to see more of this tonight.

Mike+Cammalleri+New+York+Islanders+v+New+Jersey+3rqLoHjFhJgl.jpg

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He's a great guy - and the best free agent signing by Lou in forever. Fits like a glove, and easily the best player on this team since Parise. If you look at his stats over the past few years, he's a guy that easily could have been a perennial 30/40 goal scorer had he stayed healthy.

Cammalleri can't hold Kovalchuk's jock, to be quite honest.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Of course he can't. Kovy is in Russia and in Russia, the Jock holds you. :sarcasm:

Huge goal last night by Cammy. If it was ANY OTHER Devils player, that puck is whiffed.

I mean I am not going to lie. Holtby gift wrapped that, but it still wasn't an easy shot, took quick hands, and there were two Caps players he had to get it through.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I remember when some of you guys told me I was crazy when I said we needed him on our team last year. This was around the stretch he had 8 goals in his 7 games with the Flames and some posters mentioned how he'll never put up similar numbers if he was on the Devils. Seven goals in 10 games arent bad, eh? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad