Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Kalinin to 1 Year ELC

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So I guess Shero trolled TG pretty good lol...maybe he was factually correct and didn't offer him the contract till today, it's just funny how they denied all the rumors then signed him two days later.

The young apprentice learns the ways of his master. :laugh:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Considering we're light on RW, I'd bring back Bernier for a 1 year deal at $1.75 mil or else a 2 year, 2.25 million total deal.

Guy started out last year not even in the NHL..we're keeping his career afloat but he hasn't done anything to warrant making anything more than a 3rd/4th line depth guy, even considering last year.

Regardless, we still need a 1st line RWer...(marner?)

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I like Shero's first signing. He has youth, he is right hand we need desperately, cheap and was captain. I hope he works out. Low risk good signing.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I like Shero's first signing. He has youth, he is right hand we need desperately, cheap and was captain. I hope he works out. Low risk good signing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This signing could literally lead to nothing at all, but I like that Shero seems to immediately understand we need to get younger and is trying to address it.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I wonder if his contract has a KHL out clause if he doesn't make the opening roster.

I think it's a good signing as we don't have great organizational depth. But if he is not willing to report to AHL then it could be a nothing signing.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
I wonder if his contract has a KHL out clause if he doesn't make the opening roster.

I think it's a good signing as we don't have great organizational depth. But if he is not willing to report to AHL then it could be a nothing signing.
I'd be about 200% sure he has the right to go back to Russia if he doesn't stick it here.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He's getting paid 925k(highest base for an ELC) so I think they expect the guy to make the team. But I doubt he'd go to the AHL if he doesn't make it--probably an out clause.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Per the CBA being 24 years old he can only sign a one year ELC he becomes a RFA at the end. It is a two way contract for $925,000 this year.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Obligatory highlight video:

Regardless of whether it was the KHL, he got to the front of the net, had some speed which we desperately need, and showed decent hands as well. Had a bunch of dirty B. Gionta type goals. I'm all for this signing, low risk high reward.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey

I'd be about 200% sure he has the right to go back to Russia if he doesn't stick it here.

He's getting paid 925k(highest base for an ELC) so I think they expect the guy to make the team. But I doubt he'd go to the AHL if he doesn't make it--probably an out clause.

Shero said he discussed that with him and Kalinin said he would be willing to start the year in the AHL if it was necessary.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Maybe its a sign Shero is going to get away from Little Gio as the 4th line center??

Who here is in for a Josefson - Kalinin 3rd and 4th line center combo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad