May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Dont know how to Post the Tweets so they show up soo

https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/status/604322194915598336

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
F Sergei Kalinin signed 1-year ELC with #NJDevils, player's agent told R-Sport

Edit: More legit sources now

New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 3m3 minutes ago

#NJDevils have signed forward Sergey Kalinin to an entry-level contract. http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=769213&navid=DL|NJD|home

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m2 minutes ago

Devils announce they have signed forward Sergei Kalinin to an entry-level contract. Was captain for Avangard Omsk in KHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
TG confirms

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 8m8 minutes ago
Devils announce they have signed forward Sergei Kalinin to an entry-level contract. Was captain for Avangard Omsk in KHL.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Absolutely worth a shot. Forwards need to get younger and to be 24 and the captain is a good sign about his character I would assume. Hope he does well. :handclap:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Young, but was a captain of his team. Numbers aren't amazing, but who knows when he switches over here.

He also plays RW which is a gigantic black hole so that definitely is a plus.

Also he is young.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Nice to know we'll have more RW's than Zubrus and Bernier.

Edit: This in itself is sort of a show of Shero's control. During Lou's era, there was no news announced during the playoffs.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I wonder where he fits on our depth chart for signed forwards.

1. Cammalleri
2. Henrique
3. Zajac
4. Elias
5. Kalinin
6. Josefson
7. Matteau
8. Ruutu
9. Gionta
10. Boucher
11. Zubrus

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
On the pronunciation/spelling thing, when I did gymnastics, I had quite a few Russian coaches. From what I understand, the i/y is pretty interchangeable when translating Russian letters to English (for instance, Alexei and Alexey, or Evgeni and Evgeny, etc.) so that's probably why you see Sergei and Sergey for Kalinin's name. I think most Russians pronounce the name closer to "sir-gee" than "sir-gay." So this is for all you linguists out there:D

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The ceiling for this guy is probably Zubrus, maybe not his prime years but when he was good. Hopefully, we can get a little bit of that from him; would be a great player to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad