Confirmed with Link: Devils Sign John Moore, 3 years, $1.6M AAV

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I like the Moore signing, but it feels like people didn't pay attention to him last year / have overly high expectations.

Moore couldn't win the 6D job with the Rangers vs. Matt Hunwick. Moore made so many poor decisions he went from a key part of Gaborik deal to benched / a throw-in on the Yandle deal to not being qualified by the Coyotes (!). Again, Moore was on a 1 year, $850k contract and wasn't qualified. I think that's a poor front office decision by the Coyotes, but still, penciling Moore into any sort of regular role with the Devils seems way premature.

I see this signing as bottom pair competition. If Moore is more than a rotating #6, I'll be thrilled.

Good points made in this post.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Well, the good thing is that he kept getting added to big-time deals. That means GMs/teams have some belief in his skills. Maybe we can do something for him here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well, the good thing is that he kept getting added to big-time deals. That means GMs/teams have some belief in his skills. Maybe we can do something for him here.

It seems it isn't a question about skills.

Apparently the kid has all the pieces, but just hasn't put them together. Gelly is similar in a way.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
About that last one...

john_moore_1.jpg

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
Neil Diamond discussion is the best part of the Moore signing.

:laugh: I'm a Neil fan as well. Song Sung Blue is a fun song I sing with my kids. Must admit Sweet Caroline is on my phone too.

Moore is having a call with Devils media now...couple interesting things he said

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
John Moore said Coyotes told agent they were concerened he'd get to much in salary arbitration -- why they didn't give him qualifying offer

Yotes just have major money problems - I feel bad for their fans.

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
Moore said other teams were interested, but when he spoke to Ray Shero and John Hynes yesterday he knew then he wanted to sign with Devils.

Always good to hear

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4h4 hours ago

Moore said other teams were interested, but when he spoke to Ray Shero and John Hynes yesterday he knew then he wanted to sign with Devils.

Nice once again to have someone who wants to be here.

John Moore said Coyotes told agent they were concerened he'd get to much in salary arbitration -- why they didn't give him qualifying offer

And also why the Yotes let him go.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Conference call with John Moore for anyone who wants to take a listen. Sounds like he's a Niedermayer fan, so I have that in common with him:

[NHL]831617&catid=745[/NHL]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad