Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Jesper Boqvist to 3yr ELC

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
No idea what number Boqvist will wear, but little birdy told me Hughes may wear #86.
(I know he wore #43 before, so am guessing 2x43, otherwise have no idea how #86 came about. Maybe he is a Mets/Giants fan).
Boqvist will wear #90 100% sure of that.

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
No idea what number Boqvist will wear, but little birdy told me Hughes may wear #86.
(I know he wore #43 before, so am guessing 2x43, otherwise have no idea how #86 came about. Maybe he is a Mets/Giants fan).

I've seen pictures of Hughes wearing 86 from when he was a kid (hell, he still is a kid), so that's not entirely surprising. Wonder what the significance is.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I think he makes the team , gets a look and winds up going back to his swedish club. I dont think the player is really is interested in playing in the ahl and that's why he has that out clause to go back to Sweden. Another year there wont be bad for him but he will get a chance to make the big club here. His offensive skills are probably ready and he will need adjustment time but he can be a great 2nd line player for us. I think he might be better off on the wing since Hischier and Hughes should lock down the top 2 center spots. This kid could probably work wonders playing with both of them. I just hope he is comfortable scoring goals and shooting alot because we need more goal scoring.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It's nice to finally have good Swedes after the likes of Josefson and Tedenby.

tenor.gif

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i hope he busts now :sarcasm:

plus a lot of international people are liverpool "fans"

(then again, you'd have to be insane to be an international everton fan, so of course you'd be legit... :( )

Liverpool is *extremely* popular in Scandinavia.

Also lol at the casual passive-aggressive air quotes...

You’re thinking of Real Madrid and Manure.

Back on topic...

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I'm tempering expectations for next year but in 2020-21 I think having Hughes, Smith, and Boqvist in the fold should give a jolt to our offense. They all bring complimentary elements that we could use. The only lacking attribute would again be size/physicality, but we'll get there.

Now we just need a competent power play coach...well that and hope we sign Hall. On one hand I've already let go with regard to Hall since I assume we'll get someone good coming back if we lose him. On the other hand, being forced to ship him out will represent an unfortunate step back for the team.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Maybe Hughes doesn't start off in the top 6?
Perhaps not, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't penciled in there by the staff. I mean, if I remember correctly, Nico started immediately at 2C, so I'd expect Jack to get the same opportunity as long as he doesn't shit the bed in camp.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This is very pleasing.

For your viewing pleasure:

finally had time to watch this all, my goodness am i even more excited.

he's so good. i was really high on him before the draft, still kinda couldn't believe we got him afterwards, and am now still so damn pumped.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
finally had time to watch this all, my goodness am i even more excited.

he's so good. i was really high on him before the draft, still kinda couldn't believe we got him afterwards, and am now still so damn pumped.

So were the Devils - they did have his nameplate on his jersey on draft day correct? :) I've never paid attention but is it commonplace for a team to have a jersey with the nameplate on it for a 2nd round pick?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
So were the Devils - they did have his nameplate on his jersey on draft day correct? :) I've never paid attention but is it commonplace for a team to have a jersey with the nameplate on it for a 2nd round pick?
i think they do it at the table

i mean, it's not like the devils knew he'd be there at 36, even if there were only a few picks before him that day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad