Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
tumblr_n7gi5nMshi1smcbm7o1_250.gif

So many defensemen...

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
This says to me that Shero and Hynes aren't sure of what they've got in Hraberenka and Helgeson. Or they're converting like half the defense to forward. Maybe both.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Why and who the heck is he?

[NHL]771312[/NHL]

The Flames picked Schlemko up last year on waivers and he was a BEAST for us. Every time he touches the puck in the D-zone, he gets it up the ice seamlessly with his great stickhandling. Not an especially big player but he uses what size he has well to gain leverage along the boards and win battles. Defensively reliable and a good breakout pass. I see him as a young-veteran left-side #4 defenseman based on what I've seen of him.

Wrist shot is a peashooter, though, so don't put him on your power play. If he's your #5 you will have a very strong possession bottom pairing. I think he's better than that though, maybe the Devils management does too.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
I've read some comments that he's a puck moving defenseman. If he is, he isn't a very good one, at least in terms of registering assists.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This says to me that Shero and Hynes aren't sure of what they've got in Hraberenka and Helgeson. Or they're converting like half the defense to forward. Maybe both.

Even so, Mozik could be the 7th Dman. Helgeson and Hraberkena would be the 8/9 guys. Now we have Schlemko as the 10th?

Greene-Larsson
Merrill-Severson
Gelinas-Moore

Mozik, Helgeson, Hraberenka, Schlemko. Heck even add Scarlett in there if you want.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I've read some comments that he's a puck moving defenseman. If he is, he isn't a very good one, at least in terms of registering assists.

Between 2011-14 he was good for 0.75 pts/60 for the Coyotes which is a number comparable to many good puck movers. He didn't put up any numbers for us but he definitely tilted the ice the right way at even strength. I don't think he's a guy you want QBing a power play though.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't understand this.

I wouldn't mind adding Schlemko as a player alone. He's relatively young by defender standards but I just don't see why we would add him right now.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Seems like 7th D/veteran insurance to me. I can see the logic of it...I'd rather have Hrabarenka and Hegelson playing tons of minutes in Albany than sitting in the press box in NJ. Was Mozik's contract 2 way though?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
[NHL]771312[/NHL]

The Flames picked Schlemko up last year on waivers and he was a BEAST for us. Every time he touches the puck in the D-zone, he gets it up the ice seamlessly with his great stickhandling. Not an especially big player but he uses what size he has well to gain leverage along the boards and win battles. Defensively reliable and a good breakout pass. I see him as a young-veteran left-side #4 defenseman based on what I've seen of him.

Wrist shot is a peashooter, though, so don't put him on your power play. If he's your #5 you will have a very strong possession bottom pairing. I think he's better than that though, maybe the Devils management does too.

Thanks. I also hear that he isn't very physical, true?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad