Seravalli: Devils showed real interest in Saros last few weeks but Preds will keep him as long as they are in playoff position

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
They still can't trade their first round pick as is. I'm thinking Trotz (or any else GM, for that matter) doesn't like the idea that the pick actually downgrades if the Devils go deep in the playoffs.
It’s been done before.

There would be a condition on the pick that if the Devils reach the ECF and the pick goes to San Jose, then the Predators will likely get future picks that make up the value. Probably something like a 2024 3rd and also a 2025 1st.

In all seriousness, the pick would likely be loaded with conditions anyways since I doubt Devils would not top 5 or top 10 protect the pick.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
funny enough, if NJ ends up picking in the 8-10 range, I would offer that pick straight up for Saros (extended to a reasonable deal)

Mirrors the Schneider deal.
As a Habs fan, I would do the same thing with our pick for Askarov if Nashville wants to keep Saros.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
He was, along with our first, so we could draft. Michkov. Askari has improved a lot since then i think that ship has sailed.
Yeah, seems like a very scenario dependent deal, and both teams looking towards the future now. Either way, you should get a huge return for Saros.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Would Jarry for Mercer be a fair trade? Devils are loaded with young talent and it’s inevitable that one of those players will put them over the cap. So instead of losing him or someone else like Holtz why not grab your goalie now (Jarry will be much better once away from Sullivan keep in mind).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Would Jarry for Mercer be a fair trade? Devils are loaded with young talent and it’s inevitable that one of those players will put them over the cap. So instead of losing him or someone else like Holtz why not grab your goalie now (Jarry will be much better once away from Sullivan keep in mind).

meh, if we are moving Mercer (which I am honestly okay doing tbh), I would aim a bit higher than Jarry if at all possible.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
did I stutter?

Josi is tremendous but turns 34 in a few months
Forsberg is also tremendous, but is 4 years older and a similar player production wise
Askarov, Kemell, Evangelista, first round picks, josi, etc

Nobody is untradable, especially Bratt lol. For you to say there is nothing on the Preds worth bratt that sounds very uneducated.
Bratt isn’t even a top 30 forward in the league. I take Forsberg alone over him every day of the week.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Askarov, Kemell, Evangelista, first round picks, josi, etc

Nobody is untradable, especially Bratt lol. For you to say there is nothing on the Preds worth bratt that sounds very uneducated.
Bratt isn’t even a top 30 forward in the league. I take Forsberg alone over him every day of the week.

I will reiterate for you, one more time: I would not trade Bratt for any one player in the Preds organization. I am sorry that that offends?

Thats great that you'd take Forsberg over him. Forsberg is 4 years older, makes more money, and is signed for 1 year shorter. All while being a similarly productive player. Oh, and he is more injury prone.

• Haha
Reactions: maplepred

drede

Jul 13, 2023
funny enough, if NJ ends up picking in the 8-10 range, I would offer that pick straight up for Saros (extended to a reasonable deal)

Mirrors the Schneider deal.
I wouldn't hes starting to regress I'd be very concerned if my team traded for him and locked him up long term could be a very bad contract in a few years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad