Seravalli: Devils showed real interest in Saros last few weeks but Preds will keep him as long as they are in playoff position

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Saros always felt like an off season type move. The team acquiring him can really get into the nitty gritty on an extension, if there's a coaching change in Jersey then it's already happened by then, you're not trying to buy out the Preds of a playoff run...and the first round pick for the devils may become more valuable.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Trotz has basically said "I don't need a goalie, I have goalies, so if you want one it'll cost a lot". I think he's completely fine being patient and seeing how things unfold with Saros and Askarov, so he's not going to take a lesser package just to get a deal done.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Devils fan base will crucify Fitz if he stands pat and they miss the playoffs.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Askarov looks ready. Could the Preds use saros to increase their depth elsewhere for a playoff push?
That is certainly the argument that goes round and round on the preds board. I think most have come around to a deal needing to happen eventually, but many are content to be patient...that includes Trotz from the sound of it.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Devils fan base will crucify Fitz if he stands pat and they miss the playoffs.
Fans would turn on him if he doesn’t make a coaching change. I believe the goalies are capable but they need a new coach. Some of the defensive plays have been very peewee level

Reactions: pouf pouf

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That is certainly the argument that goes round and round on the preds board. I think most have come around to a deal needing to happen eventually, but many are content to be patient...that includes Trotz from the sound of it.
makes sense. seems like the preds are in a good spot where they can have their cake and eat it too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wonder what goalies are truly for sale?

Markstrom might not be if the Flames stay hot. Lots of ground to make up, but even if they miss maybe they'd think next year would be different

Maybe Gibson would be a good bet.

Reactions: MCB

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wonder what goalies are truly for sale?

Markstrom might not be if the Flames stay hot. Lots of ground to make up, but even if they miss maybe they'd think next year would be different

Maybe Gibson would be a good bet.
Flames should wait till offseason for Markstrom where there will be a larger market IMO

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Devils are most likely missing the playoffs. From a goaltender acquisition standpoint, that's a good thing. Pressure if off to make a move, which hopefully ensures Fitz doesn't do something moronic like acquire a bad goalie with expensive term.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Fitz keeps trying to get a non rental quality goalie for a bargain basement price. He's obviously operating under the illusion that he's the only buyer out there or teams such as Nashville or Calgary HAVE to make a deal on or before the TDL. They don't. If they don't there will be a lot more teams out there looking to improve their goal tending over the summer and Fitz will likely miss the boat again. Fitz is like the guy looking to buy a house but keeps submitting low ball offers and keeps losing out to other buyers.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Fitz keeps trying to get a non rental quality goalie for a bargain basement price. He's obviously operating under the illusion that he's the only buyer out there or teams such as Nashville or Calgary HAVE to make a deal on or before the TDL. They don't. If they don't there will be a lot more teams out there looking to improve their goal tending over the summer and Fitz will likely miss the boat again. Fitz is like the guy looking to buy a house but keeps submitting low ball offers and keeps losing out to other buyers.
What did he offer?

MileHighCapsFan

Mar 12, 2007
Conversations around that Caps is that Stevenson has shown all he needs to in Hershey (AHL). Kuemper or Lindgren could be available at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad