GDT: Devils @ Sharks, 10:30 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
We can all be skeptical but Cory was good last game. Frankly I’d rather stress him and see how he responds. The worst thing the team could do is play Schneider in sheltered starts and convince themselves he is worth keeping around as a backup only to find he is still fragile. Better to learn that now.
Better to learn that now? I can count on one hand how many games Cory has won in 2 years. No way this should even be in consideration. He must go. Especially after this purge we just did. I can't believe people even think he's an actual option at this point going forward.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Better to learn that now? I can count on one hand how many games Cory has won in 2 years. No way this should even be in consideration. He must go. Especially after this purge we just did. I can't believe people even think he's an actual option at this point going forward.

It doesn’t matter what people think. What matters is what the team management think. If you interpreted my post as suggesting the team keep Cory then my post wasn’t clear.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Some of this is clearly facetious. But he is playing like ten of the last twenty games in all likelihood since it makes no sense to play Blackwood playoff stretch run minutes now, they want to at least find a way to get something out of him while he's here. If Fitz or the next GM is fooled by any junktime play from Cory this year though, that's on them.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yeah, I am.

Schneider vs Jones. As bad as Jones has been the last two years, it's still not as bad as Schneider, although he's managed to be really bad (.890%-something) over 120 games or so, while Schneider hasn't been allowed (rightfully) to get into that many games the last two years.

nice.

im gonna try for the 1st at least……got a an early contract job to do tomorrow morning ….and its enough of a drive down to gretzky's hometown to be there for 9am

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is a f***ing joke. Mac should have gotten the game tonight and Sunday vs the Ducks. You give Cory the game on Saturday vs the Kings. He's gotta be off this team as soon as this season is over. Enough.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Some of this is clearly facetious. But he is playing like ten of the last twenty games in all likelihood since it makes no sense to play Blackwood playoff stretch run minutes now, they want to at least find a way to get something out of him while he's here. If Fitz or the next GM is fooled by any junktime play from Cory this year though, that's on them.

Blackwood is already at 43 games. He will clear 50 before the season is over.

how many games do people want him to play?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
50 games isn't anything crazy. Brodeur did it 15 times in his career.

Next year he better be getting more starts than just 50 games. That's only 60% of the games played.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not even 5 minutes into the game and Cory has already turned the puck over once (but we quickly got it back) and almost got in trouble behind the net.

I feel like every shot is going in, but we've blocked a couple of them.

Reactions: Patrik26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Blackwood is already at 43 games. He will clear 50 before the season is over.

how many games do people want him to play?

I feel like doing a guessing game over which games Blackwood and Cory will play down the stretch, I'll probably be wrong on half of them though lol

Saturday at Kings - Blackwood
Sunday at Ducks - Cory
Tuesday at Vegas - Blackwood
next Friday vs. Blues - Blackwood
next Saturday at Rangers - Cory
3/10 vs. Penguins - Blackwood
3/12 vs. Hurricanes - Cory
3/14 at Panthers - Blackwood
3/15 at Lightning - Cory
3/17 at Leafs - Cory
3/19 vs. Flames - Blackwood
3/21 vs. Islanders - Blackwood