GDT: Devils @ Senators: This Seasons Sucks Almost As Much As Grandpa Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I don't know if that move works against a traffic cone let alone an NHL D man. Super lucky it was Smith and Blackwood he had to beat and not a couple trash cans that probably would have made the defensive play or the save.

i know that shitting on smith is fun (and easy!) but the guy blew a tire. it happens. here, it happened because batherson made a beautiful move.

on another note, that was the most offensively-inept ot performance i’ve ever seen. i know we’re missing some key guys but we could hardly get the puck in their zone.

Camille the Eel

These are glorified preseason games. Outside of the AHL kids getting a look these games have zero meaning and all the players know it.
I wonder why we keep putting Hamilton out there so much in that context. Yep he’s making 9 million but his skating looks so uncomfortable at the moment. He’s got no stride with the puck. They close him off easily. Watching him I wonder if it isn’t a leg or a groin injury like a sports hernia that’s bothering him, because he’s being outskated by everyone and kids like Bahl, Ohk and even Walsh tonight seem to be moving with more freedom than he is. I don’t know what he was doing out there in OT. Or on our power plays. Besides killing us actually. It’s reached the point where we have a better chance to win without him, especially given the kids motivation factor.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many teams did Jagr play for, I lost count
I think 8? Actually, I think 9 with the Bruins deadline move. But only three (in the NHL) before the season that he turned 40.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is this sarcasm or for real ?
Well, It’s for real, but it’s not for real from me lol.

I had to look at your join date, so clearly you must remember the poster I’m mimicking?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Some positives to this game. Foote 2 goals , Zetterlund assist to snap his little drought and Walsh getting a point in his NHL debut. Bratts no look pass to Zacha for his goal was nice.

The negatives are Ty Smith , our power play & our penalty kill looking awful. Idk why Ohoktyuk had to sit this game and why the f Geersten is still popping into an occasional game here and there.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’ve always hoped Foote would pan out, but his skating is just very poor.

He doesn’t look like a bad player outside of that.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Some positives to this game. Foote 2 goals , Zetterlund assist to snap his little drought and Walsh getting a point in his NHL debut. Bratts no look pass to Zacha for his goal was nice.

The negatives are Ty Smith , our power play & our penalty kill looking awful. Idk why Ohoktyuk had to sit this game and why the f Geersten is still popping into an occasional game here and there.

Grit vs Grit, yes sir. (Sure, Ohoktyuk is gritteriffic too, and can actually hit players while they’re moving in open ice, but why ask why.)

Reactions: Bleedred

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
I’ve always hoped Foote would pan out, but his skating is just very poor.

He doesn’t look like a bad player outside of that.
Jason Robertson was known to not be a good skater and look at him now. He's a 40 goal scorer. Not every player is big and fast , Foote will be a good middle 6 forward. That's what he was pretty much projected to be and that is something we need. Johnsson and Tatar are playing that role but they don't bring much size of a physical game to the table. We need Foote to be one of those hard to play against forward that can play anywhere from the 1st to 3rd line. Stillmann can be a player like that as well IMO without that heavy shot Foote has.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Grit vs Grit, yes sir. (Sure, Ohoktyuk is gritteriffic too, and can actually hit players while they’re moving in open ice, but why ask why.)
We don't need a useless player playing 5 minutes a night...this isn't 2002. We're in 2022 and Geersten is not NHL caliber whatsoever. Give me a player like Bastian or Ohotyuk playing if you want grit. Ohotyuk might not have a ton of offense but having him and Siegenthaler on separate lines should help us out defensivley for sure.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don’t even ask any more.

This goes back to a stray comment Chico made during a broadcast when Blackwood went on the injured list. He said that Blackwood was suffering from “cottage cheese” tissue that had grown up into his ankle from his foot. I’m paraphrasing but what he said sounded like Blackwood had scar tissue extending from his surgery site to his ankle and the rehab was to address that. His statement makes sense in that context.

Reactions: Guttersniped

My3Sons

Sponsor
There's a reason he's on his fourth team.
None of which is because of his play but sure say a knowingly disingenuous thing to feed a petty narrative. At least be intellectually honest. Hamilton has played poorly post reconstructive jaw surgery. Nobody is complaining he’s going to museums or being aloof with teammates. You know this and would do better to avoid the obvious BS takes that most can tell are BS. But then again you may just want the reaction and not really even believe your own nonsense.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Jason Robertson was known to not be a good skater and look at him now. He's a 40 goal scorer. Not every player is big and fast , Foote will be a good middle 6 forward. That's what he was pretty much projected to be and that is something we need. Johnsson and Tatar are playing that role but they don't bring much size of a physical game to the table. We need Foote to be one of those hard to play against forward that can play anywhere from the 1st to 3rd line. Stillmann can be a player like that as well IMO without that heavy shot Foote has.
And player development is a thing. They need to help the kid get faster, not just tell him to focus on X, Y & Z.

Mason Marchment is extreme example of how less then optimal skating is not a death sentence. Marchment was a very late bloomer, he first played in the OHL at 19, and his skating was basically war crime bad.

The Leafs spent years methodically getting him to be passable. He still works on his power skating weekly according to an Athletic article.

And now he gets around well enough to do this:

672401E3-08EC-4E15-8545-147570DBF25E.png

Of course after the Leafs spending 5 years slowly developing Marchment Dubas traded him at the 2020 TDL to Florida for NHL/AHL tweener who took off for Europe after playing 8 games for Toronto. (I will never not enjoy this.)

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Hamilton looks like he’s not skating freely. It’s the skating really that I think is crippling him right now. I don’t know what the issue may be but it’s right there to see.
I said this weeks ago. But it begs the question…why is a $9 million player playing through an injury bad enough to affect his skating this much, in meaningless games?

Everything about this team these days just reeks of amateurishness.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I said this weeks ago. But it begs the question…why is a $9 million player playing through an injury bad enough to affect his skating this much, in meaningless games?

Everything about this team these days just reeks of amateurishness.
I’ll guess that you have seen teams ask highly paid players to play through nagging injuries that aren’t completely debilitating. It’s fairly typical unfortunately. Why is Bratt out there looking like he still has after effects from the flu?

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad