GDT: Devils @ Senators - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
This team is just going from, dog shit firsts, dog shit seconds, to now truly horrific thirds. Thank god we aren't an OT team this year unlike last year, or we might find a way to have the worst OTs imaginable in the last 6 games or how ever many shitty games are left for this joke of a teams abomination of a season.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah I'm out of words for their third periods lately, Ottawa probably should've tied it (LOL they didn't) but this team needs a coach who'll make them attack when up. They can't defend leads because their goaltending isn't up to snuff when bombarded + this team doesn't defend the hard places to score from when defending as well. The third goal was unlucky FWIW, I kinda think Allen wants the first 2 goals back especially the Sanderson one

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
In the last four third periods including the Buffalo game, the Devils were outscored 12-0 and outshot 56-28. So either this team is dead tired and has no power left to play three periods, or this is how Green wants them to defend leads. I find both extremely strange.

Reactions: Bleedred

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I always said Green would be the bridge to a real head coach. He has them playing with more snarl and I would think they are winning more 1 on 1 battles. I thought last night was one of Holtz’s better games in terms of compete.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The Devils are need of defenseman who can pass pucks. I think Nemec is the best passer the Devils have and might be their best shooter (outside of Dougie). The Devils get little to no offense from Bahl/Siegs and Marino/Luke like to skate the puck up ice. This is one of the reason they get hemmed.

I am very concerned about the lack of in-game adjustments. Plus, a L. Hughes situation. When he struggled and the PP1 struggled they never hold him accountable. They never adjusted.

How they treat Nemec and Holtz is night and day how they treated Jack/Luke coming up (Bratt was even benched/called out). I get they are different tier players, but accountability should be from the top down.

The next coach will need to have the gumption to call out our star players/make in-game adjustments. (use timeouts). Green and Ruff seem to be terrible in-game mangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad