Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

33ykDrj.gif

Hpka0x4.png

Head-to-Head
The Devils (36-36-4) and Senators (33-38-4) meet for the third and final time this season. Ottawa won the previous two matchups, 5-2 in New Jersey on March 23 and 6-2 in Ottawa on Dec. 29.

Jesper Bratt leads all players in series scoring with two goals and five points. Luke Hughes and Jack Hughes both have one goal and three points against Ottawa. Brady Tkachuk leads Ottawa with three assists against the Devils while Drake Batherson has two goals.

Devils Team Scope:
With six games remaining in the regular season and the playoffs a more and more distant option, the Devils will focus on finishing out the 2023-24 season strong. The Devils are looking to snap a three-game losing streak heading into Ottawa.

Jesper Bratt leads the Devils in scoring with 76 points in 76 games with 25 goals and 51 assists. He’s followed by Jack Hughes with 72 points in 60 games. Hughes has 26 goals to lead the club. Bratt, Nico Hischier and Timo Meier all have 25 goals each on the year. Rookie defenseman Luke Hughes leads the blue line with 9 goals and 43 points. Goalie Jake Allen has started eight of the past 10 games for the Devils and is 4-4-0 in those contests.

Senators Team Scope:
The Senators enter tonight’s game with the second-worst (tied) record in the Eastern Conference. The club is currently five games under .500 at 33-38-4.

The team made a coaching change mid-season and brought in interim head coach Jacques Martin for another stint in Ottawa. The Senators had won four straight, which included a win against New Jersey, before dropping their past two games.

Tim Stutzle leads the team in scoring with 70 points. He also has 52 assists on the year. Brady Tkachuk has a team-best 33 goals for 66 poitns. Drake Batherson (27) and Claude Giroux (20) have also eclipsed the 20-goal mark.

By the Numbers:
New Jersey recorded 86 PIM in the first period at NY Rangers Wednesday, which marked the most PIM in a single period in team history since 1982-83 (prior: 81 PIM, third period at WSH, Oct. 8, 1993, 6-3, W). The most PIM in a single period for franchise history was 111, which Colorado logged in the first period on Nov. 6 1980, in a 3-3 tie vs Hartford.

The Devils face Ottawa on the first half of back-to-back games. It's the 16th and final set for the team, which has gone 14-15-1 in previous back-to-back games.

Injuries:

Devils

Hamilton (torn pectoral muscle, LTIR)
Bastian (lower-body, IR)
Foote (undisclosed, out)

Senators
Crookshank (lower-body, IR)
Highmore (upper-body, IR)
MacEwan (upper-body, IR)
Norris (shoulder, IR)
Hamonic (lower-body, day-to-day)
Chabot (lower-body, day-to-day)

xlccnZE.png

mTVQM1H.gif

fMmnzSh.png

H935CIt.gif

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I hate hockey fights, but might as well do it since this season is ultra done.
Every one says this publicly....but every time I am in an arena with a good hockey fight there is a buzz of electricity among the crowd...most of the time people are standing...they always cheer during the fight and after praising their fighter....the players are tapping their sticks and even the most boring of games always pick up the tempo after a good fight.

That Devils Rangers fight led the news and the video was played everywhere... sideshow? Maybe? But not a single non-hockey fan would have been talking about that meaningless game otherwise.

I hope we never lose fighting from the game. The self policing and retribution adds to the drama of the game and it's incredibly entertaining.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m having a taco/burrito/torta/quesadilla cheat day blowout.

IDGAF that our record is insanely bad anytime I eat that stuff.

Our record is also not good against COC teams.

I’ll be having fun medicating if we just so happen to lose to Korpisalo (it’s a back to back for them, it might be Forsberg. Korpisalo was yanked for a bunch of softies the other night) and give him a 2.00 GAA yet again.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I’m having a taco/burrito/torta/quesadilla cheat day blowout.

IDGAF that our record is insanely bad anytime I eat that stuff.

Our record is also not good against COC teams.

I’ll be having fun medicating if we just so happen to lose to Korpisalo (it’s a back to back for them, it might be Forsberg. Korpisalo was yanked for a bunch of softies the other night) and give him a 2.00 GAA yet again.
Looks like there will be a blow out after you eat that.:naughty:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Damn, looks like Wrestlemania is going to take up my viewing time tonight instead of this fun and exciting matchup. I'm so disappointed I'll be missing it...

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looks like there will be a blow out after you eat that.:naughty:
Always

I don’t have regular bowel movement, so I have to have a big day of eating just to create one. It sucks.

Anyway, I hit the wall very early and now I’m in the mood for some candy/ice cream/etc.

Reactions: Xirik

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Every one says this publicly....but every time I am in an arena with a good hockey fight there is a buzz of electricity among the crowd...most of the time people are standing...they always cheer during the fight and after praising their fighter....the players are tapping their sticks and even the most boring of games always pick up the tempo after a good fight.

That Devils Rangers fight led the news and the video was played everywhere... sideshow? Maybe? But not a single non-hockey fan would have been talking about that meaningless game otherwise.

I hope we never lose fighting from the game. The self policing and retribution adds to the drama of the game and it's incredibly entertaining.
Rempe’s helmet has come off twice during fights. Once he was pulled down and luckily he didn’t hit his head. I get that it’s entertaining but it’s against the rules and despite the mantra it’s not part of the game. It’s always separate from game play. I don’t have a huge issue with two guys getting mad at each other in the moment but guys like Rempe and MacDermid are different. I’d prefer the league suspend guys for cheap shots causing injury. I have two kids older than Rempe. No way I’m letting them do what he’s doing and no way I could watch one of my kids having those fights. MacDermid hit him so hard he broke his visor. Go do that with punches and you can call me from the ER where you are having your broken hand looked at. Someone is going to catch Rempe one of these fights and I hope he isn’t seriously hurt. Fan entertainment and a faster pace to the game don’t warrant that in my view.

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Rempe’s helmet has come off twice during fights. Once he was pulled down and luckily he didn’t hit his head. I get that it’s entertaining but it’s against the rules and despite the mantra it’s not part of the game. It’s always separate from game play. I don’t have a huge issue with two guys getting mad at each other in the moment but guys like Rempe and MacDermid are different. I’d prefer the league suspend guys for cheap shots causing injury. I have two kids older than Rempe. No way I’m letting them do what he’s doing and no way I could watch one of my kids having those fights. MacDermid hit him so hard he broke his visor. Go do that with punches and you can call me from the ER where you are having your broken hand looked at. Someone is going to catch Rempe one of these fights and I hope he isn’t seriously hurt. Fan entertainment and a faster pace to the game don’t warrant that in my view.

when you START the shit and then continue to be a piece of shit all gloves are off.

people will nelson simpson "haha" him if he gets a true beatdown

something something about making your own bed

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Damn, looks like Wrestlemania is going to take up my viewing time tonight instead of this fun and exciting matchup. I'm so disappointed I'll be missing it...
Yankees....Devils....Wrestlemanina (cant wait for Rock and Roman vs. Cody Crybabies and Seth)...

Devils are dead last in my viewing tonight lol

#thefinalboss

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

6-0 Senzzzz

They'll be blood thirsty after getting beaten 6-0 by one of the greatest teams of all time in FLA the other night (who I've been saying for years are a dangerous team and you people all argued with me) and eventually they'll pass us the NJD in the standings soon enough.

What a crime Fitz made to not get a goalie. Even Dorion went out and get the Senzzzz a fine goalie in Korpisalo and inked him to an outstanding contract before he was fired.

While Fitz went into the season with Veetech and AK Schmid, yet he still got to keep his job.

Thanks again Fitz

Do yourself a favor and watch any number of the superior contests around the league tonight or some baseball, unless you're a fan of the Mets who are on right now and who will be 2-6 after losing to CINCY today. The 6-2 Yanks are in action against the TOR BJ's, who just beat them 3-0 last night.

Reactions: BostonDevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad