GDT: Devils @ Senators - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You just know tomorrow is our regularly-scheduled b2b loss.

Just give me more Bratt points and I'm good.
Not to mention Nashville's lost four out of five now, so they're due for a getwell game to sew up their playoff spot lol

Reactions: glenwo2

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Getting BUTT HURT over a guy putting the puck into an empty net after the horn sounds or firing a slap shot into the empty net and going after somebody for it should result in a SUSPENSION to that player.

ENOUGH of this old, cave man, traditional bullshit.

It's right up there with goonery.

I do think it's justified in being upset if a player blatantly fires the puck into the net or at the goalie AFTER the whistle has blown and the net isn't empty. Like after an offside whistle. That I understand, as long as there's been enough time between the whistle and the player firing the puck. If he's already committed to firing the puck once the whistle sounds then let it go.

If the net is empty, who cares?

Let's start a war over it. Just drop a nuke on everybody who does that and exterminate them from the planet.

The shit people get mad over in this game.
I don't get it either. In basketball they take shots after the whistle blows all the time. It happens every game. I don't get what the difference is.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He's a joke too. Skates like Brendan Smith. I love how Nemec has been, but he's not getting away scott free from my raging at their joke play lol. Plenty to criticize with him. The Pens game he made a stupid pass and it resulted in a go a head goal against.
He’s 20. When you were 20 you probably were making mistakes too.

Their father is a fraud, too.
Their father looks morbidly obese when I’ve seen him the past few times . He’s too old to go that route.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still harbor ill will toward Vtek, just saying
Gutless coward in my opinion.

Not only did he play poorly, he didn't even get behind a microphone after any of it. He let the skaters and the head coach answer for him, while he went and hid in the showers or on the bus or in his car and left the arena.

I'm the only one that points this out on this forum, but I guarantee the players noticed that. I'm not saying he was hated in the locker room, but that had to have rubbed people the wrong way. I wonder if that was the motivation for Jack's very snide ''When we get saves we win'' comment in the post game on-ice interview.

I remember at least one person not happy with Tatar for no-showing the exit interview last year, but Vitek no-showed the post game interview every night.

Even Blackwood sometimes came out when he got blown up. I've seen Daws and Schmid come to the post game podium after losses and bad games this year. Cory Schneider attended pretty much every single one in his career and always blamed himself, even if he only allowed 1 goal on 33 shots in a loss. Didn't we just see Kahkonen show up for his the other night? I know Allen has in losses as well.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It’s Saturday, baby. Wife and son are asleep, beverage in hand, I’m about a 9 on the happy Dano scale.
IMG_4227.jpeg

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Getting BUTT HURT over a guy putting the puck into an empty net after the horn sounds or firing a slap shot into the empty net and going after somebody for it should result in a SUSPENSION to that player.

ENOUGH of this old, cave man, traditional bullshit.

It's right up there with goonery.

I do think it's justified in being upset if a player blatantly fires the puck into the net or at the goalie AFTER the whistle has blown and the net isn't empty. Like after an offside whistle. That I understand, as long as there's been enough time between the whistle and the player firing the puck. If he's already committed to firing the puck once the whistle sounds then let it go.

If the net is empty, who cares?

Let's start a war over it. Just drop a nuke on everybody who does that and exterminate them from the planet.

The shit people get mad over in this game.
Yeah Tkachuk looked like a typical 80 IQ traditional hockey player that people like Don Cherry love. Lost some respect for him today

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gutless coward in my opinion.

Not only did he play poorly, he didn't even get behind a microphone after any of it. He let the skaters and the head coach answer for him, while he went and hid in the showers or on the bus or in his car and left the arena.

I'm the only one that points this out on this forum, but I guarantee the players noticed that. I'm not saying he was hated in the locker room, but that had to have rubbed people the wrong way. I wonder if that was the motivation for Jack's very snide ''When we get saves we win'' comment in the post game on-ice interview.

I remember at least one person not happy with Tatar for no-showing the exit interview last year, but Vitek no-showed the post game interview every night.

Even Blackwood sometimes came out when he got blown up. I've seen Daws and Schmid come to the post game podium after losses and bad games this year. Cory Schneider attended pretty much every single one in his career and always blamed himself, even if he only allowed 1 goal on 33 shots in a loss. Didn't we just see Kahkonen show up for his the other night? I know Allen has in losses as well.
I mean I get why you think that but part of me still thinks the state-run PR just didn't want to embarrass him further so that's why we never got the online clips of any of his postgame reactions. They pretty much do control what's out there and what isn't, I doubt the media as a whole just didn't talk to him all year or he avoided them (someone in the media would have said something about that I would think).

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know who I want off this staff, other than Green and Rogalski for sure.

The penalty kill has been fine this year, despite it going 1 for 3 tonight. It was a mess earlier in the year, but not so much now. Not sure how I feel about McGill. I don't even really know what Sarge does, though I'd say he's pretty low on the totem pole of coaches/hierarchy here. Chris Taylor was someone Ruff brought in and he's been firing in waiting ever since Ruff got fired. In normal circumstances he would have went with the head coach, but I guess if you fired another assistant you have to then bring in another assistant from somewhere, since one of them already got promoted to head coach.

And we're a team that had a coaching staff of 4 assistants after the head coach, not including the goalie coach. Some teams only have 3 assistants beyond the head coach, and a goalie coach. We only used to before promoting Sarge last year.

I'm afraid the goalie acquisitions may have saved Rogalski though.

I really think they'll clean house of the staff. Sarge might get to hang on for obvious reasons with his attachment to the organization, but I don't see the need to keep any other assistants on.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes. Brady Tkachuk is a POS. But, the Devils trying to exit with a puck on the boards were universally met with big hits. The Senators, trying to exit with the puck on the boards were met with cool breezes, love taps or nothing. The transitions were night and day in the third. The Devils need a POS forechecker.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
“A real statement game from Brady Tkachuk tonight. Hee Shire puts it into the empty net after the horn and he didn’t like that” - Kevin Bieksa over on the intermission on HNIC.

What a statement game from Brady Tkachuk. A 4-3 loss to Travis Green’s team.

16 hits and tried to fight Hee Shire for putting it into the empty net.

Is it possible that’s the actual pronunciation of Hischier in his homeland?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yes. Brady Tkachuk is a POS. But, the Devils trying to exit with a puck on the boards were universally met with big hits. The Senators, trying to exit with the puck on the boards were met with cool breezes, love taps or nothing. The transitions were night and day in the third. The Devils need a POS forechecker.
MacDermid needs to play like Rempe and elbow Tkachuck in the face. Waiting for a heavyweight fight is pointless. Same with Smith.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The fact that Butcher lead the franchise in points for a rookie defenseman is kind of weird and random.

Kind of hard to believe it wasn’t Rafalski or Niedermayer.

Nieds was only 19 in his rookie season, but he came close with 40 points in 80 games.

Rafalski only had 32 in 75 games. He was already like 26 as an NHL rookie.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if someone put the puck into our net after the game, we would want them same response from our guys. and if our guys did nothing about it, you would be complaining that our team is full of spineless p***yes. personally, i’m here for the nico asshole renaissance.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
if someone put the puck into our net after the game, we would want them same response from our guys. and if our guys did nothing about it, you would be complaining that our team is full of spineless p***yes. personally, i’m here for the nico asshole renaissance.
I promise you I would not

It’s nothing

It’s less than nothing

These are f***ing adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad