Not open for further replies.

DrBSmooth

May 10, 2006
Pepe is ready for tonight's game.
Pepe in Devils Jersey.jpg

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I still have yet to see the actual Yandle clip where he predicted us to miss the playoffs after winning 12 or 13 in a row (forgot what win we were up to at that point) because apparently he just ''Doesn't think we can keep this up'' (yeah, no shit, we can't keep this up. We can't win 15-20 games in a row. What a proclamation!), but I've still yet to have the staples removed from my head over how many times I banged it against a wall after they went around the desk on his first night on TNT two weeks ago and asked everybody who they think should be in the HOF that isn't already in there, to which he replied Shane Doan and cited how much he's done for Arizona hockey.

That's right up there with those ''Shane Doan is better than Patrik Elias'' posts from the mainboard back in 2012.

The only way Shane Doan would have made the HOF is if he would have played at least 3 more years until 43+ years old, stayed healthy almost the entire seasons after that and broke Gordie Howe's games played record (since broken by Marleau) and that would have probably gotten him in.

Marleau will likely go in the HOF because he now has that record, but if he didn't then he otherwise would not even be a candidate. And I love Patrick Marleau, but he's only HOF worthy for that games played record. He's a hall of very good under any other argument. And that's what Shane Doan is at the very best.

If Doan goes in then we definitely gotta start putting guys like Brad Richards, Vinny Lecavalier, Zach Parise, guys like that in. The only thing Doan has over any of them is how many more games he lasted in the league than any of them did.
He did so much for Arizona hockey that we should watch how they will play on 5000 seats stadium. I know this is not his fault, but cmon. Good player, that`s it.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Why is the game so late? This is poopoo socks.

I picked up a sick little game called Cross Code on Steam today, reminds me of a Genesis game.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So if this TNT game goes to overtime/shootout (which it looks like there's next to no chance of that happening) and it's still on at 8:10-8:15, does that mean that none of the 8:00 PM games will start on time?

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So if this TNT game goes to overtime/shootout (which it looks like there's next to no chance of that happening) and it's still on at 8:10-8:15, does that mean that none of the 8:00 PM games will start on time?
No, the scheduled games still start on time.

And it would be a miracle for that game to go to OT.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Why is the game so late? This is poopoo socks.

I picked up a sick little game called Cross Code on Steam today, reminds me of a Genesis game.
I think there's a nationally televised 5 PM game on TNT so the NHL owns that time slot exclusively. Kind of like when NBC would do 12:30 games and other games would start at 3.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Oh yeah, Fitz's son is probably playing against us tonight. Can we bribe the Devs player to take him as hostage for us so we can demand for the "chico eats" segment to come back?

1669422861542.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They will either put us on TBS until the earlier game ends I think.

What I meant was it seems TNT has exclusive rights to this time slot, as there's no other games going on and that's why ours started at 8:00 instead of 7:00, along with all the other games that would have started at 7:00.

Though the Senators/Ducks wasn't yet over at the time this one started, but it ended briefly after that, so maybe they're not micromanaging it that tightly.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This one has me a bit nervous. Buffalo is rolling their last couple games.

Tomorrow makes me even more nervous as Washington also seems to be turning it around.

2 wins over the next two would say a ton about this team.

Reactions: DerekDevils30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad