GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

eplOjGi.png

PREVIEW

DEVILS (36-33-4) vs. SABRES (34-34-5)

Head-to-Head

It's been two high-scoring affairs between the Devils and Sabres in the opening two games of the three-game season series. The first game between the two clubs was back on Oct. 27, when New Jersey posted a 5-4 victory. Erik Haula had two goals in the win and Luke Hughes had two assists. On Nov. 25, the Devils put up a dominant performance, with a four-goal first period and held Buffalo to just 12 shots on goal. Friday night will mark the final game between the two clubs this season.

Devils Team Scope:
New Jersey are winners of four of their last five games as they continue to make a push towards the end of the regular season. The Devils have just nine games left and are five points behind the Capitals for the second Wild Card spot and six points behind the Philadelphia Flyers for the third spot in the Metro.

Timo Meier has been a dominant force through the month of March. He leads all NHL players in goals scored with 13 and has a total of 19 points since Mar. 1.

Jesper Bratt and Jack Hughes have both tipped the 70-point scale this season, Bratt currently leads the team with 72 points and Hughes follows closely behind with 71. After his two-goal performance against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, Hughes leads the club in goals with 26.

Sabres Team Scope:
The Sabres will be fresh off of a disappointing loss to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday night. The Senators had built a 4-0 lead on Buffalo by the 8:49 mark of the first period and Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen was pulled from the net after conceding four goals on nine shots.

The Sabres are led in goals this season by JJ Peterka, who has 25, while defenseman Rasmus Dahlin leads the club with 52 points (17g-35a) in 72 games played.

The Sabres currently sit three points behind New Jersey and eight points out of the second Wild Card spot.

By the Numbers:
Including Meier's 19 points (13g-6a) in the 14 games in March, Jack Hughes has 16 points in that same span (7g-9a), Nico Hischier has 15 points (4g-11a), while Luke Hughes and Jesper Bratt both have 11 points with a goal and 10 assists each.

That’s 72 points combined by the five players in the 14 games played and three players (Meier, J. Hughes and Hischier) who average more than a point per game.

Injuries:

Devils

Hamilton – torn pectoral muscle, LTIR
Siengethaler – concussion, IR
Foote – undisclosed, out
MacDermid – lower-body, out

Sabres
Samuelsson – upper-body, out for season
Rousek - face, day to day
Jost - undisclosed, day-to-day

VgJAVpT.png

NnAxPlB.png

T0iVFHZ.png

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
This Sabres team has lots of talent but their coaching staff may arguably be even worse than ours. They recently embarrassed Mr Pegula on his 74th birthday with a 6-2 (including going down 5-0 in the first period) loss later in the night. Donnie Meatballs is clueless but the owner and GM love him; they’d rather play nicey nice than create a winning culture. I actually feel sorry for their fan base and that city in general.

We essentially ended any of Buffalo’s long shot playoff aspirations last year with a win at home over them late in the season. I have a bad feeling the roles will be reversed and sure hope I’m wrong. We haven’t won three in a row in forever and Buffalo is the kind of bad team we keep losing to.

I thought the game was on NHL Network tonight. Confirmed it is available on MSG? I hope so as I don’t get NHLN.

LGD!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This Sabres team has lots of talent but their coaching staff may arguably be even worse than ours. They recently embarrassed Mr Pegula on his 74th birthday with a 6-2 (including going down 5-0 in the first period) loss later in the night. Donnie Meatballs is clueless but the owner and GM love him; they’d rather play nicey nice than create a winning culture. I actually feel sorry for their fan base and that city in general.

We essentially ended any of Buffalo’s long shot playoff aspirations last year with a win at home over them late in the season. I have a bad feeling the roles will be reversed and sure hope I’m wrong. We haven’t won three in a row in forever and Buffalo is the kind of bad team we keep losing to.

I thought the game was on NHL Network tonight. Confirmed it is available on MSG? I hope so as I don’t get NHLN.

LGD!!
I think when it’s on NHLN that’s only for people out of market. If you get MSG locally then it will still be on there.

Reactions: longislanddevil

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I’m more concerned about the Devils next year and future outlook in general. Green is an absolute imbecile and would set the team back even further. Of course this is a hypothetical because there’s a very real possibility we could make the playoffs with Green still being canned.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I don’t think fitz will make the same mistake as he did with ruff/burnette

What is he supposed to say to media “green f***ing sucks and we have no intention of keeping him “

Devils are very analytically sound and the underlying numbers aren’t good. I’m sure they can see that

Reactions: Dialamo

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I think when it’s on NHLN that’s only for people out of market. If you get MSG locally then it will still be on there.
Ah!!! Need to watch on the intertubes! HATE NHL NETWORK GAMES!!! They gotta just give that channel away to every live streaming service.

If I'm not mistaken, it's only on Fubo (who doesn't have TBS/TNT) and DirectTV-stream-thing, which costs like 40K/Month.

Worst!

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I’m more concerned about the Devils next year and future outlook in general. Green is an absolute imbecile and would set the team back even further. Of course this is a hypothetical because there’s a very real possibility we could make the playoffs with Green still being canned.
If they make the playoffs Green is an evil genius and we all eat crow. I'm not a big Green fan and I wasn't a Lindy fan. I totally get what the poll was about. Anyway we are still in the picture. The top 6 is cooking like they haven't all season. The only scary oppent remaining is the Rags and the Devils themselves! LFGD!

Reactions: longislanddevil

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ah!!! Need to watch on the intertubes! HATE NHL NETWORK GAMES!!! They gotta just give that channel away to every live streaming service.

If I'm not mistaken, it's only on Fubo (who doesn't have TBS/TNT) and DirectTV-stream-thing, which costs like 40K/Month.

Worst!
It makes me feel like MSG stopped airing Devils feeds with how many consecutive games I get the other team’s feed, between last game and this one. And about 3-4 in a row a couple weeks back when every game was either the ESPN+ exclusive, TNT and NHLN when we were the away team.

And NHLN almost always shows the home team feed.

I’m voting neither option.

I would rather make the playoffs and keep Green, but if we’re just gonna miss the playoffs anyway then I hope it’s not by just a few points, to ensure we never see Green again.

So either make the playoffs, or miss by quite a bit.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It makes me feel like MSG stopped airing Devils feeds with how many consecutive games I get the other team’s feed, between last game and this one. And about 3-4 in a row a couple weeks back when every game was either the ESPN+ exclusive, TNT and NHLN when we were the away team.

And NHLN almost always shows the home team feed.

I’m voting neither option.

I would rather make the playoffs and keep Green, but if we’re just gonna miss the playoffs anyway then I hope it’s not by just a few points, to ensure we never see Green again.

So either make the playoffs, or miss by quite a bit.

this season has been f***ed with how many non-devils feeds i've had to endure... at least now if i get the sabres feed tonight i don't have to mute to you know who

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
tbh i think us missing playoffs would light a huge fire in our core guys (as painful as missing would be)

if they squeak by, they better not think this is acceptable effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad