GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I thought Green should have been fired when Lindy was cashiered, and I see no reason to change that now.

I'd rather make the playoffs than not, but regardless of what happens:

200w.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
tbh i think us missing playoffs would light a huge fire in our core guys (as painful as missing would be)

if they squeak by, they better not think this is acceptable effort
Management also better not think it’s acceptable and mean that we should bring back Green. The way we play under him is not acceptable. The way Vancouver played under him was not acceptable.

But like with Lindy last year, they’re probably gonna bring him back if we make the playoffs.

Although I know one coach that took over 6 games into a season, won the presidents trophy and one round in the playoffs, and still wasn’t brought back by that team……..we don’t say that coach’s name around here. He’s a sore subject.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Management also better not think it’s acceptable and mean that we should bring back Green. The way we play under him is not acceptable. The way Vancouver played under him was not acceptable.

But like with Lindy last year, they’re probably gonna bring him back if we make the playoffs.

Although I know one coach that took over 6 games into a season, won the presidents trophy and one round in the playoffs, and still wasn’t brought back by that team……..we don’t say that coach’s name around here. He’s a sore subject.
wonder if you can drive carts around Nashville

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I voted make the playoffs and keep Green, but I don't really think we are going to make them and it will be a real bummer to miss the playoffs by just 2-3 points, only to keep Green anyway.

So either make it, or miss by a bit.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
!!! Need to watch on the intertubes! HATE NHL NETWORK GAMES!!! They gotta just give that channel away to every live streaming service.

If I'm not mistaken, it's only on Fubo (who doesn't have TBS/TNT) and DirectTV-stream-thing, which costs like 40K/Month.

Worst!

Hulu with Live TV is good but no MSG. But with the bundle you get TNT, TBS and ESPN plus. So it's not awful.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well for the people who wanted to play meaningful games in March, this is a meaningful game. Barely but meaningful.

HockeyViz
IMG_5740.jpeg
IMG_5739.jpeg
*Not Playing*
IMG_5741.png
IMG_5742.pngIMG_5743.png

MoneyPuck
IMG_5744.jpegIMG_5745.jpeg
They’re enthused about us…

The Athletic
…but Dom’s model is not so much lol.
IMG_5746.png

Evolving Hockey
IMG_5748.jpegIMG_5747.jpegIMG_5749.jpeg

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So Friday night only game in the nhl coming off a huge road win combined with all the teams losing ahead of us last night what’s that mean? Absolutely means the devils are going to come and cruise right? Just has to happen no?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're 2-0-0 against Buffalo so far this year.

That's almost one of the anomalies against teams not in the playoffs/well out of the playoffs, other than 2-0-0 against Seattle. We're also 3-0-0 against the Islanders, who are pretty much neck and neck with us.

That's a real rarity. I'm pretty sure we only even beat them once last year and it was the first time. We only played them three times though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
We're 2-0-0 against Buffalo so far this year.

That's almost one of the anomalies against teams not in the playoffs/well out of the playoffs, other than 2-0-0 against Seattle. We're also 3-0-0 against the Islanders, who are pretty much neck and neck with us.

That's a real rarity. I'm pretty sure we only even beat them once last year and it was the first time. We only played them three times though.

2-0-0 ?

it's the sabres.....even a perfect record vs them is still not good enough

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Firstly, I can't believe this team is still giving me SOME hope.

Second, I am definitely coming around on Green.

There have been so many people that thought "No Green under any circumstances" and are trying to stick to that take... but the PP (outside the Ottawa game) is improved, the PK is clicking big time, the Devils are scoring goals again, and he is getting A games from Meier, Hischier, Bratt, and now Jack is starting to thrive.

If Sullivan gets canned, I am interested... but other than that I honestly wouldn't mind Green at this point because he is getting something out of this team... and the guys are playing for him.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Firstly, I can't believe this team is still giving me SOME hope.

Second, I am definitely coming around on Green.

There have been so many people that thought "No Green under any circumstances" and are trying to stick to that take... but the PP (outside the Ottawa game) is improved, the PK is clicking big time, the Devils are scoring goals again, and he is getting A games from Meier, Hischier, Bratt, and now Jack is starting to thrive.

If Sullivan gets canned, I am interested... but other than that I honestly wouldn't mind Green at this point because he is getting something out of this team... and the guys are playing for him.

I am cautiously optimistic. My expectations are pretty tempered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad