GDT: Devils @ Sabres - 7:00 PM - MSG

Would you rather make the playoffs and keep Green for next year or miss the playoffs and fire Green?

• Make playoffs and keep Green

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Miss playoffs and fire Green

Votes: 44 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Firstly, I can't believe this team is still giving me SOME hope.

Second, I am definitely coming around on Green.

There have been so many people that thought "No Green under any circumstances" and are trying to stick to that take... but the PP (outside the Ottawa game) is improved, the PK is clicking big time, the Devils are scoring goals again, and he is getting A games from Meier, Hischier, Bratt, and now Jack is starting to thrive.

If Sullivan gets canned, I am interested... but other than that I honestly wouldn't mind Green at this point because he is getting something out of this team... and the guys are playing for him.
The only notable difference I’ve seen that can be credited to Green is his utilization and subsequent current turnaround of Timo.

The PP does not look better. It still looks bad, they’ve just gotten some more fortune with goals going in.

The PK has been pretty decent all year, so nothing has changed there.

Defense, puck management, breakouts, all still look like junk. Allen has been bailing them out.

Reactions: Patrik26

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

There have been so many people that thought "No Green under any circumstances" and are trying to stick to that take... but the PP (outside the Ottawa game) is improved, the PK is clicking big time, the Devils are scoring goals again, and he is getting A games from Meier, Hischier, Bratt, and now Jack is starting to thrive.

If Sullivan gets canned, I am interested... but other than that I honestly wouldn't mind Green at this point because he is getting something out of this team... and the guys are playing for him.
Let’s hope Sullivan will be the Devils head coach next season.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Watched all the Devils goal calls in Spanish from the last broadcast on ESPN+

Devils Devils...... Devils Devils! ... Devils Devils!

Yes, some good calls there :).

I'll probably be out tonight, but gonna put it out on DVR hopefully no disappointments..

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
what did the buffalo say to his son as he headed off for college?

“bison”
IMG_8778.jpeg

This is basically the Kobayashi Maru exercise of polls haha.
I’m not sure what hot dog eating contests have to do with your poll but you do you

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The Devils are also getting outshot even worse than they were under Ruff, they've already had the same several no-shows they've had under Ruff, but arguably even worse. They're getting better goaltending (because we have BETTER GOALIES now) and we're scoring the first goal more often, probably because we were bound to.

The team's record isn't even that good under Green right now, it's 6-6-0.

The team being better under Green is a mirage.

The PP is still bottom 5 in expected goals. The PK has been fine since a bit before Green took over. We have better goalies now, that probably is the difference between it being any better since he became head coach.

I'm pretty sure we're probably still at the same record if we had kept Ruff and gotten these two goalies.

Although the team did kind of quit on him in some of those later games. Still, they weren't really any better in the Rangers or Senators game than the TB and LA games at the end of Ruff.

Don't be suckered by this. Green sucks.

Not to mention his time in Vancouver, which I haven't even touched yet.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
if missing means going on a big losing streak then I'd rather have playoffs and Green

However if missing means the Devils just fall shot from the playoffs then I'm okay with firing Green.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: