Post-Game Talk: Devils run ends, lose in 5 to Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
i'm not ready for the rainbows and butterflies takes yet. maybe tomorrow. i hate carolina

They were extremely fortunate this game... Screw the Canes. Hope Florida takes them down.

Brunette was laughing big smile in the handshake line with rod brindamour. Looked waaay too happy.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Michael McLeod

cover1.jpg

The man really stepped up. I hope he can carry that over to the regular season next year.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Still pissed at how that game ended so just gathering thoughts here.

Coming into this season I was hoping for meaningful games past New Years. We got that and a lot more.

After tearing the leagues ass a new one and making the playoffs I just wanted them to win one round. They did it against the Rags as a bonus haha.

It’s disappointing cause you always want more but they got a taste now. Time to take another step next season.

Last edited:

Jan Ludvig

Feb 13, 2010
This sucks, but this was just a great season. We never expected to accomplish what this team did before the season started. The pieces are there and these playoffs really showed areas that need to be tweaked. Decisions needed to be made on certain guys and these games maybe made those decisions easier. I’m the end, this was a great experience for the core of this team.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Like this is the last season Carolina can compete with us and I think they knew that.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I don’t think Canes are that much better.

I didn’t realize how good offensively their defense was. They have 2, 20 goal scorers on defense and the Devils had no clue how to stop the passes or shots from the point. They are also really good keeping the zone, which broke the Devils spirit at times.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Let’s wait to see if Bratt played through and injury in the postseason before we ship him out of town.

I'm one of the bigger Bratt defenders on here, maybe the biggest aside from @SteveCangialosi123. And I am not saying to just dump him for a draft pick. But I would strongly consider moving him in a hockey trade IF it presented itself. Probably a pipe dream though.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
lot of non-playoff performers. some of that is on tactics and some of that is on the players. a GOOD chunk of that i think had to do with matchup

as a salve, don't forget that this Canes team did beat the B's and were 2nd in the league for a reason. i think we can raise our headsd up high.

going forward we need:

fixed defensive depth
fixed PP/adjusted PK
a roster with drive who can play from puck drop

emphasis on the bottom because i don't think it's fair to our core, who clearly give a shit, to be surrounded by guys who wait till the 2nd period to show up. it's been an issue ALL year

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Awww poor Nico looks so sad. He looked like Rocket Raccoon after he was abused in the Gardians movie.
Well he could’ve actually tried to get in front of th last shot not some weak ass stick block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad