Post-Game Talk: Devils run ends, lose in 5 to Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
I didn’t watch. told myself after last game I couldn’t stomach the possibility of them getting Molly-whopped again to end the season. Just checked the score what seems like was right after the game ended. At least they put up a fight in the last one.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Was a hell of a season. Tough way to end it but hopefully they come out of this with lessons learned. The Canes deserve all of the credit. They play the game the right way. Really impressive to watch.

Some guys stepped up. But we did need a lot better from some. Not going to get into it too much because it will be discussed to death going forward I’m sure.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Man I already want to go post in the team discussion thread and start discussing the direction we should take in the offseason. This team's future is BRIGHT and this was just the start. Ya it sucks that we lost the series in 5 games, looking like crap in 3 of those games, but it was a great learning experience. This season was a big step in the right direction for nearly every player on the team.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
At the end of the day, as absolutely disappointing at this series was, still a fantastic season. Wish they could have put up a better fight in this round at the very least. But hopefully the way they were ousted shows there is still lots of work to be done on the roster if they want to truly contend in the coming years.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I didn’t realize there was going to be a PGT. Moving this Post from the GDT.

IMG_4902.gif

You’re such a great group.Looking forward to next Season with you already

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Man I already want to go post in the team discussion thread and start discussing the direction we should take in the offseason. This team's future is BRIGHT and this was just the start. Ya it sucks that we lost the series in 5 games, looking like crap in 3 of those games, but it was a great learning experience. This season was a big step in the right direction for nearly every player on the team.

Yeah. I am really excited to see what happens this summer and what the opening night lineup will look like. Really exciting times ahead.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Sucks that they had the 3rd best record in the league and had to play the 2nd best record in the league in the 2nd round and didn't have home ice because of that. And thanks to NHL scheduling making a team play every other day from April 24th to May 11th in the playoffs while the Panthers got multiple day breaks in their series even though they also had a 7 game series in the first round.

Anyway in the end Canes were a better team majority of the series so they deserve it but overall successful season and a lot to build on. Excited for the future

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I mean it's obvious at least two guys who should be gone (and they proved it tonight), another guy who will be gone and another who better take the contract Fitz is offering or he should be gone too, but I feel like that's tomorrow's discussion.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only issue I have with the staff after this was the weird going back to Vitek for game 3.

We were outplayed so badly this series that we were probably losing game 4 anyway, but you can't go into that game just because your goalie blown up a couple games. That swapping in and out of goalies, that usually doesn't work. Jacques Lemaire did in in 1994 and 2003, and that usually doesn't work. Should have stuck with him. He played a great game again, outside of his pretty brutal giveaway late in regulation.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
What an overall absolutely amazing season that none of us remotely expected. Such a huge turn around from last season, the biggest ever. Most wins ever, Hughes with the most points ever. Beating the rangers in 7 for the 1st time. Actually playing in May.

Beats the absolutely misery of the past decade with nothing to give a shit about besides stupid draft lottos and draft picks that I don't give a f*** about besides hoping they turn out good.

I had an absolute blast attending home games this year and watching this team. Love seeing our fan base rejuvenated. Was nice to finally balance out all those miserable nights I've spent watching dog shit hockey the past decade at the rock.

Thank you Devils!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jack only played 14 minutes tonight. He has to be injured
The whole he's not taking line rushes got mocked as Lindy trying to pull a fast one but clearly he wasn't. The only good thing about losing is we won't have to wait several weeks to find out what the issue was now.

And tbh we weren't making any comeback in this series with Jack being that limited anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad