Post-Game Talk: Devils run ends, lose in 5 to Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Reactions: Devs3cups

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Jim using advanced stats to make an argument? What timeline is this?
Umm I’m pretty sure he was mostly focused on the takeaways and giveaways which isn’t an advanced stat nor remotely a good stat on its own to compare defensmen’s performance.

But he did post some more advanced stuff lol.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I thought he had a bad game last night and really stuck out in a bad way.

I'm not sure Siegs has been that bad the last little while, but I thought he was bad last night.

I think he deflected one of the goals and of course the DOG penalty that ended the game.

There was one other horrible clearing attempt in our end. Was that in OT also?

Yeah Siegs had a roller coaster of a season. He went from “prime Marc Vlasic”, to a stretch of looking like health bomb #7, back to “pretty good” Siegs. He definitely did not have a good night, but overall, I thought he was mostly rock solid this playoffs. Ruff scratching him during the Rags series was an insane decision and completely undeserved.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yeah Siegs had a roller coaster of a season. He went from “prime Marc Vlasic”, to a stretch of looking like health bomb #7, back to “pretty good” Siegs. He definitely did not have a good night, but overall, I thought he was mostly rock solid this playoffs. Ruff scratching him during the Rags series was an insane decision and completely undeserved.
Especially since Graves sucked most nights.

Reactions: Bleedred

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

For the Meier stuff, he said he gets the sense that if they do not do a long term deal, they would take him to arb on the QO which could allow them to knock off 15% and put him at 8.5 for a year and then they decide if they will flip him or whatever they want to do.

He didn’t offer any thoughts whether he thought a long term extension looked promising or not promising. Just talked about the “if” scenario.

Unsurprisingly teams are interested in Brunnette. And Devils need to make a decision there too.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
that Meier thread on the main board is one of the worst I’ve ever read. The delusion is amazing. Just a bunch of jealous fans from other teams trying to bring doom and gloom. The best one was the post that said we should not sign him and use the money for players like Palat (I.e Alex Killorn) to bring chemistry with Jack and Nico.

Bizzaroworld on there, Happy Friday everyone

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
that Meier thread on the main board is one of the worst I’ve ever read. The delusion is amazing. Just a bunch of jealous fans from other teams trying to bring doom and gloom. The best one was the post that said we should not sign him and use the money for players like Palat (I.e Alex Killorn) to bring chemistry with Jack and Nico.

Bizzaroworld on there, Happy Friday everyone
It’s a lot of “let me tell you Devils fans about the Devils because you apparently don’t know enough about the team you watch every game”

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Honestly... if Bratt wants more than Jack and Meier wants more than Bratt, I'm giving Meier closer to what he's asking than what Bratts asking. I like Bratt, it would be a massive hole to fill, but I don't necessarily want to give in to what has been two years now of not being able to come to an agreement. Advanced stats are great and all but I just don't see him as being this guy who should be getting an exorbitant amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad