GDT: Devils @ Red Wings 7PM

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Realistically, Booth scoring two goals in a game won't happen again but do you start playing him more often?

I would. He was great in camp and preseason and played with great energy. I don't expect him to score, but if he can skate and crash, give him 6-8 minutes a game.

I'd put an end to this 11 forward bullshit.

It's also time to break up Z and Nyquist.
Nielsen Zetterberg Abdelkader
Nyquist Larkin Tatar
Helm Athanasiou Mantha
Wilson Glendening Booth

When Frk gets back, maybe put Frk with Larkin and Tatar and Nyquist with Athanasiou and Mantha, and dump Helm in for Wilson or Booth.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I didn't see the whole game but he looked pretty good with Z and Nyquist. One of the few lines that had hustle and got chances around the net.
He only had, without checking, maybe 10 minutes but he made good use of it sans scoring two goals. Didn't cough up the puck, made smart decisions. Kept his legs moving. Like I said, only one game but why not give the guy some more chances to play.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Fun game.

If Wings are not a wild card team, they certainly aren't the 31st team. Middle of the pack. Good thing LOTTERY often allows middle of the pack team possibly get a top3 pick.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I would. He was great in camp and preseason and played with great energy. I don't expect him to score, but if he can skate and crash, give him 6-8 minutes a game.

I'd put an end to this 11 forward bull****.

It's also time to break up Z and Nyquist.
Nielsen Zetterberg Abdelkader
Nyquist Larkin Tatar
Helm Athanasiou Mantha
Wilson Glendening Booth

When Frk gets back, maybe put Frk with Larkin and Tatar and Nyquist with Athanasiou and Mantha, and dump Helm in for Wilson or Booth.

Why have Mantha, the Wings best offensive weapon buried on the third line, especially with two players who aren't good passers?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I wonder what Lidstrom thinks when he sees this defense play? So many mistakes...so many mistakes probably.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
What's striking when you watch some of the good teams in the league compared to the Wings is how rarely the Wings effectively carry or pass the puck out of the zone.

It's like they have no zone exit strategy other than dumping it.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Boring game. When they skate hard it can work with the talent level they have, it's just that they only skate hard 70% of the time. And when your best scoring opportunities are going to Helm don't be surprised they can't score.

This was always going to happen with this roster. People got too excited about a team with no backend playing a good first quarter because their forwards were supporting so much in the neutral zone and skating like mad to open the gap for an easier outlet pass. It’s catching up to us. Forwards aren’t compensating for the D as much anymore and leaving our D to themselves is a non-starter.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow! Sometime after the Henrique penalty this game flipped on it's head and became the best period of hockey I've watched all year. My heart was literally racing. The viciousness and compete level awoke something in the teams and fans, it was palpable. When you feel that type of anger(?) it's apparent how much of it is missing in the modern NHL. What a 3rd period and OT.:phew:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I wonder what Lidstrom thinks when he sees this defense play? So many mistakes...so many mistakes probably.

He hates it. Guaranteed, great players hate watching bad plays esp if they like the team they’re watching

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Why have Mantha, the Wings best offensive weapon buried on the third line, especially with two players who aren't good passers?

1) It's not the third line. It's just a 5 on 5 line.
The top 3 lines will roll.
2) Athanasiou and Mantha play well together.
3) Helm can help play D for them.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I would rather keep him over Nyquist. but the thing is I think most teams would rather have Tatar. Either way I don't think either is leaving

Tatar is a better puckhound and more likely to win puck battles.
Really like the way Tatar has played lately. He and Larkin are working well together.
He's never going to be a superstar. He'll always frustrate you with some of his decisions and errant passes. But he's a solid top 6 winger.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Tatar is a better puckhound and more likely to win puck battles.
Really like the way Tatar has played lately. He and Larkin are working well together.
He's never going to be a superstar. He'll always frustrate you with some of his decisions and errant passes. But he's a solid top 6 winger.

He is forsure a good winger. I don't think it helped Nyquist or Tatar being hyped up as the heirs to Zetterberg and Datsyuk. It is good to see him working well with Larkin.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The two most annoying things of this game, Jensen's ridiculous pass to Tatar in OT, and the Pejorative Slured fans that refused to stop banging the glass, man they were driving me to huge rage!:madfire::banghead::madfire::banghead::madfire::banghead::madfire::banghead:

Reactions: TheMule93

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This team hasn't looked very interested in winning the last 4 games. Play 1-2 periods per game, always look completely out of it in OT. Disappointing.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I also couldn't believe the officials ignored Blashill and Van Zant signals to pull Mrazek for concussion protocol until after that 3rd goal was scored. Wth was with that? He should been immediately taken out.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
1) It's not the third line. It's just a 5 on 5 line.
The top 3 lines will roll.
2) Athanasiou and Mantha play well together.
3) Helm can help play D for them.

1) It's a third line, a shit one
2) Not really, Mantha was playing best with Z or Larkin.
3) Who cares?
4) You never addressed how this will work with Mantha and AA being shoot first and no puck mover on the line to dish to them.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1) It's a third line, a **** one
2) Not really, Mantha was playing best with Z or Larkin.
3) Who cares?
4) You never addressed how this will work with Mantha and Larkin being shoot first and no puck mover on the line to dish to them.

#4) Larkin has been passing a lot more than shooting this season, especially when playing with Mantha so not sure where you are coming from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad