Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
First!
Haven't seen any lines yet.
New Jersey Devils - Detroit Red Wings - November 25th, 2017

DEVILS (13-5-4) at RED WINGS (10-9-4)

7 p.m. ET; MSG+2, FS-D, NHL.TV

The Game
The Detroit Red Wings will try to avoid their fourth consecutive defeat when they host the New Jersey Devils at Little Caesars Arena on Saturday. The Red Wings, 0-1-2 in their past three games, lost 2-1 in overtime against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Friday.

Detroit goaltender Petr Mrazek (2-3-1) is expected to start for the first time since Nov. 9, when he allowed five goals on 33 shots in a 6-3 loss against the Calgary Flames.

The Devils are 4-3-4 in their past 11 games after beginning the season 9-2-0. They defeated the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 at Prudential Center on Friday. Goaltender Keith Kinkaid is expected to start; he's 4-1-1 with a 3.08 GAA and .905 SV% in seven games this season.

Players to watch
Devils forward Taylor Hall had a goal and two assists against Vancouver, and has five points (one goal, four assists) in his past four games.
Red Wings forward Anthony Mantha has no points in his past four games after having 11 (six goals, five assists) in his previous eight.

They said it
"It was a kind of game where you saw individual plays define the game, and you are starting to see that from our team." - Devils forward Taylor Hall after the win against the Canucks

"We did a tremendous job from the start of the game. It's one of those where you feel you deserved two points." - Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard after the loss against the Rangers

Devils projected lineup
Taylor Hall -- Travis Zajac -- Jesper Bratt
Adam Henrique -- Nico Hischier -- Brian Gibbons
Pavel Zacha -- Blake Coleman -- Stefan Noesen
Miles Wood -- Brian Boyle -- Drew Stafford

Andy Greene -- Steven Santini
John Moore -- Damon Severson
Will Butcher -- Ben Lovejoy

Keith Kinkaid
Cory Schneider

Red Wings projected lineup

Anthony Mantha -- Henrik Zetterberg -- Gustav Nyquist
Luke Glendening -- Dylan Larkin -- Tomas Tatar
Justin Abdelkader -- Frans Nielsen -- Darren Helm
Scott Wilson -- Andreas Athanasiou -- David Booth

Danny DeKeyser -- Mike Green
Jonathan Ericsson -- Nick Jensen
Niklas Kronwall -- Xavier Ouellet

Petr Mrazek
Jimmy Howard

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Both teams played yesterday. I hope it's not a boring 2-1 game.

The Devils don't play boring games... I know I was surprised to type that, but they are probably the most entertaining team in the league this year.

Detroit enters this one with a decided disadvantage in speed. Since that has been pretty much what we have been relying on to win to this point in the year I will be interested to see what the game plan is. They need to be as mistake free as they can, the Devils transition game is lethal.

Reactions: Redder Winger

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The Devils don't play boring games... I know I was surprised to type that, but they are probably the most entertaining team in the league this year.
I'm aware New Jersey is exciting. I think Detroit is fairly entertaining to watch, too. I was pointing out that fatigue could lead to both teams sitting back playing for a three point night. I'll be surprised if we see a pace similar to last night against NY.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

Detroit enters this one with a decided disadvantage in speed. Since that has been pretty much what we have been relying on to win to this point in the year I will be interested to see what the game plan is. They need to be as mistake free as they can, the Devils transition game is lethal.

Thanks for this little scouting report. I was curious what's been going so well for NJ. Haven't seen them this season and am looking forward to it. There is something to be said for a lack of familiarity; the Wings do have the ability to disrupt other teams and take them by surprise.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Is this the state of this sub forum that we went from nicely made GDTs to copy and paste from NHL.com?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Flashy G (who won photoshop and GDT awards at HF) hasn't done one here in many years. There's barely even a GDT before puck drop some games. Traffic has dropped 60-70% from when Lidstrom and Dats were still around.

Part of the decline must be a lot of Swedish members losing interest but either way it's got to be an all time low for HF-DRW.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils lines are way off, those were from a few games ago. You should see:

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Henrique - Zajac - Stafford
Zacha - Boyle - Wood
Gibbons - Coleman - Noesen

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
First!
Haven't seen any lines yet.
New Jersey Devils - Detroit Red Wings - November 25th, 2017

DEVILS (13-5-4) at RED WINGS (10-9-4)

7 p.m. ET; MSG+2, FS-D, NHL.TV

The Game
The Detroit Red Wings will try to avoid their fourth consecutive defeat when they host the New Jersey Devils at Little Caesars Arena on Saturday. The Red Wings, 0-1-2 in their past three games, lost 2-1 in overtime against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Friday.

Detroit goaltender Petr Mrazek (2-3-1) is expected to start for the first time since Nov. 9, when he allowed five goals on 33 shots in a 6-3 loss against the Calgary Flames.

The Devils are 4-3-4 in their past 11 games after beginning the season 9-2-0. They defeated the Vancouver Canucks 3-2 at Prudential Center on Friday. Goaltender Keith Kinkaid is expected to start; he's 4-1-1 with a 3.08 GAA and .905 SV% in seven games this season.

Players to watch
Devils forward Taylor Hall had a goal and two assists against Vancouver, and has five points (one goal, four assists) in his past four games.
Red Wings forward Anthony Mantha has no points in his past four games after having 11 (six goals, five assists) in his previous eight.

They said it
"It was a kind of game where you saw individual plays define the game, and you are starting to see that from our team." - Devils forward Taylor Hall after the win against the Canucks

"We did a tremendous job from the start of the game. It's one of those where you feel you deserved two points." - Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard after the loss against the Rangers

Devils projected lineup
Taylor Hall -- Travis Zajac -- Jesper Bratt
Adam Henrique -- Nico Hischier -- Brian Gibbons
Pavel Zacha -- Blake Coleman -- Stefan Noesen
Miles Wood -- Brian Boyle -- Drew Stafford

Andy Greene -- Steven Santini
John Moore -- Damon Severson
Will Butcher -- Ben Lovejoy

Keith Kinkaid
Cory Schneider

Red Wings projected lineup

Anthony Mantha -- Henrik Zetterberg -- Gustav Nyquist
Justin Abdelkader -- Frans Nielsen -- Darren Helm

Danny DeKeyser -- Mike Green
Jonathan Ericsson -- Nick Jensen
Niklas Kronwall -- Xavier Ouellet

Petr Mrazek
Jimmy Howard
Pretty close on Detroit's roster but Andreas Athanasiou is with Larkin and Tatar and Glendening is with Booth and Wilson. Edit Ouellet is paired with Ericsson and Jensen with Kronwall other then that it's pretty accurate as far as Detroit's lineup is concerned.

Last edited:

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I really can't wait for Nielsen and Helm's deals to run out, really sick of watching them play and barely contribute.

Same here. like it really actually bothers me. but like another poster said. it will be a long few years for us. I hated both signings when they happened and I hate them even more now

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I really can't wait for Nielsen and Helm's deals to run out, really sick of watching them play and barely contribute.
Unfortunately 3 more years for Helm and 4 more years for Nielsen, Hopefully we can move Nielsen in a year or two if he feels the team is heading in the wrong direction maybe he ask out Helm we're pretty much stuck with.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

Absoloutely disgusting. Unless Blash realized we were winning too much and wants to remain on the tank course these lines past few games have been unacceptable.

Also, what is the point of Booth playing when we have a younger, faster, more talented, meaner, and more physical player in Tyler Bertuzzi stuck in Grand Rapids. It’s not like he’s Svechnikov, who should only get called up in a top 6 role

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Flashy G (who won photoshop and GDT awards at HF) hasn't done one here in many years. There's barely even a GDT before puck drop some games. Traffic has dropped 60-70% from when Lidstrom and Dats were still around.

Part of the decline must be a lot of Swedish members losing interest but either way it's got to be an all time low for HF-DRW.

Social media and reddit have killed message boards

Reactions: 21 Savage

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
what is it with bashing penalty killers ,Sheahan now Helm, Aby, Nielson ?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
what is it with bashing penalty killers ,Sheahan now Helm, Aby, Nielson ?
They're ignoring the fact that Detroit's penalty kill is ranked #4 in the entire league, so naturally they can't wait to get rid of these players and replace them with...whatever cheap players are in Grand Rapids. Remember, good teams underpay penalty killers and bottom six forwards all the time!

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad