GDT: Devils @ Red Wings 7PM

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He's been a bright spot this season. Hope he keeps it up (and we can deal him later).
Based on his entire body of work, they'd be smart to try and deal him now. But I'd sooner expect them to add another year or two to his existing contract.

Reactions: Reddwit

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Based on his entire body of work, they'd be smart to try and deal him now. But I'd sooner expect them to add another year or two to his existing contract.

realistically, I don't think he's movable regardless. He just has too much term at too high of cap hit. It would be a nice dream, though. Maybe there's a team out there that thinks they need to get grittier and can sacrifice an annoyingly little, highly skilled guy in return.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The only way he becomes moveable is if he outperforms his cap hit and is consistent enough over a certain sample (probably two seasons) where a team will be willing to take a drop in production in the later years.

If not, I don't see a single team taking a flyer on him. And it doesn't really matter because Abdelkader is basically a lifer here, anyway.

Reactions: Ezekial

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
No team is going to value abby at his production this season. He'd net us what a 30 point winger being paid 4m for 6 more seasons is worth.

Anyway, I think Abby has looked quicker this year. Maybe he's down some weight.

Last edited:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
No team is going to value abby at his production this season. He'd net us what a 30 point winger being paid 4m for 6 more seasons is worth.

Anyway, I think Abby has looked quicker this year. Maybe he's down some weight.

Didn’t he get married this summer? Broseph entered the season at baby-making weight. Better trade him ASAP before he hits sympathetic pregnancy weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad