Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Pavel Zacha (3 years, $2.25 AAV)

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I have a few of the home red Reebok Premiere blanks waiting to be stitched. Maybe I'll cave with #37 on one of them. :)

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Looks like it's similar to the Werenski deal, where it's backloaded. Pavel gets $3MM base salary the 3rd year, which is what his QO would have to be at the end of the deal if NJ wants to hold his rights.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Good deal for a bottom 6 player with some possible upside.

BTW, I love the fact that he and his agent caved in less then 24 hrs after Shero told him to sign his offer or GTFO!

Reactions: glenwo2 and PWiz30

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Good to see he came to his senses after Ray called his bluff. Someone must have told him what life is like off the ice in the KHL.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Looks like it's similar to the Werenski deal, where it's backloaded. Pavel gets $3MM base salary the 3rd year, which is what his QO would have to be at the end of the deal if NJ wants to hold his rights.

Smart, but that's very little backloading. Shero probably wouldn't agree to backload it any more than that. Isn't it funny that now RFAs want short term deals and backloaded deals, and not that long ago it was the opposite?

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I wonder who leaked the KHL nonsense? If the agent did it what was his point? NJ fans would rise up in unison and demand Shero empty the vault for him so he wouldn’t go to the KHL? That seems like an unlikely strategy. Anyway good this is over and the league can get back to handwringing on the big name RFAs.

ya, that khl ploy worked about as well as this

maxresdefault.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I mean, Shero said they had discussions the previous day (Sunday). So it's not like negotiations had stalled or anything. There's no indication that this wouldn't have gotten done.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They were always looking to sign him. He wanted more money then he was worth. He didn’t get it.

1. Do we know this is true and

2. I wonder how much of this is an agent trying to take advantage of a guy who is reported to be mentally fragile. Who knows what Stefan was telling him and what he actually wanted or thought he was worth.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Good. Still not a bust. I think he puts up 20 this year and plays well on the PK, but I have a feeling it might be with a different team when all is said and done. Ray based off his comments seems a bit upset.

My father has said some pretty harsh things to me when I’ve done stupid things as a young boy/man. He never once kicked me out of the family.

Shero will do whatever he thinks is best for the team, despite “hurt feelings” or not.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1. Do we know this is true and

2. I wonder how much of this is an agent trying to take advantage of a guy who is reported to be mentally fragile. Who knows what Stefan was telling him and what he actually wanted or thought he was worth.

Well he certainly didn’t want to take less money, and if he really wanted to play in the KHL he would not have signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad