Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Mattias Tedenby

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What are you talking about? This move has nothing to do with anything else going on.

A 1-way or 2-way or Tedenby has nothing to do with his waiver status.
We do have a roster limit though. Off the top of my head there's Kovalchuk, Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Loktionov, Zubrus, Josefson, Tedenby, Carter, Gionta, Bernier, Clarkson (If he's back) Barch (If not bought out) That's 13 right there. 14 forwards is usually it unless we're carrying 8 defensemen like last year. I don't think Clarkson is back, but Zubrus and Elias I think will be. Like you said, maybe it's possible he's riding the bench if not worked out, and would be the 13th/14th forward.
The difference between a 1-way and a 2-way contract is solely the amount a player is paid in the NHL versus the AHL. Waiver exempt status is unrelated to 1-way or 2-way contracts. Tedenby now has too much NHL experience to be waiver exempt.
Alright thanks. Wasn't sure if he was waiver exempt or not. I figured he was though when taking into account other players like Bobby Butler more recently. Who had about the same amount of NHL games played. I believe Zharkov had to be put on waivers too a couple years ago.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
he'll go the way of Butler if he struggles this year as well. hopefully he reaches out to some small guys in the NHL who found success, because he seems like he could still become a scoring second liner

apice3*

being small, undersized, and not an entirely smart hockey player has nothing to do with being stubborn. He has committed to defense, he has learned to jump and chase. Hes just not very good at either. Whether its because hes not a good NHL player or because of his linemates is for another discussion. He is not stubborn by any means.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
We do have a roster limit though. Off the top of my head there's Kovalchuk, Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Loktionov, Zubrus, Josefson, Tedenby, Carter, Gionta, Bernier, Clarkson (If he's back) Barch (If not bought out) That's 13 right there. 14 forwards is usually it unless we're carrying 8 defensemen like last year. I don't think Clarkson is back, but Zubrus and Elias I think will be. Like you said, maybe it's possible he's riding the bench if not worked out, and would be the 13th/14th forward.

Alright thanks. Wasn't sure if he was waiver exempt or not. I figured he was though when taking into account other players like Bobby Butler more recently. Who had about the same amount of NHL games played. I believe Zharkov had to be put on waivers too a couple years ago.

I'd be more concerned by our contract limit than the roster limit since the roster limit is rarely ever an issue for any team. People get hurt, other guys can be sent down, etc.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Well if nothing else I guess this shows he will be given a legit chance coming out of camp. Wasn't too sure that would be the case.

And maybe Im effed up but Im really interested to see this guy with the massive scar and without the teeth. Think he should def throw on a pirates patch at some point too.

RFA still after this deal?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My solution for Tedenby is to have him move into Jacques Lemaire's basement, where I assume he will lay down the law like a Turkish prison.

I dont think Tedenby received quite enough *****-slapping and punishment during his brief time with Jacques.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
LAst chance contract. I want Teddy to do good. I always have a soft spot for under dog NJ prospects, I am always wrong too. They eventually go away. Bergfors was the worst for me, I was pissed when he got traded. It better be a 4th year breakout for this kid, or he will be skating for another team, most likely in Europe. Solid training camp and first 20 game is key for his season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
you were pissed when Bergfors was traded? did you forget the guy we got for him and what happened to Bergfors after that? lol

NHL Fanatik*

can't wait for this thread to turn into "TEDENBY IS DONE WITH THIS TEAM HE SUCKS BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Because he has displayed no real talent in my opinion. I do want him gone.

Shouldn't have signed him, unless it's merely for trading purposes...

But I hope he proves me wrong. Although I doubt he will.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the statement that he has shown no real talent is just plain silly. he has definitely shown flashes of talent

and what you're saying is we should just let our 1st round picks walk like that, right? that $600k really breaking the budget?

come on.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
the statement that he has shown no real talent is just plain silly. he has definitely shown flashes of talent

and what you're saying is we should just let our 1st round picks walk like that, right? that $600k really breaking the budget?

come on.

Yup, Ted's has shown flashes, and wanting him gone makes no sense.

I can see not thinking he is any good, but I cannot see how a devils fan would hope Ted's or any Devils prospect fails.

NHL Fanatik*

come on.

Well the fact that it was a first round pick is bad enough, and yes he has shown talent but not enough to warrant much roster space.

And no 600k isn't breaking the bank, but unless he shows much else this next season then he needs to be traded. His potential could still be fielded in a package, but idk about a straight-forward trade for just him.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I predict Teddy get's dealt for a 4th line goon about 45 games in.

I think he's going to get the Bobby Butler treatment, really.
Lou wants something out of this little guy.. and if he can't find it here, I'm sure he'll be given the chance to find it on another team.

My bold prediction is that he's lost to waivers sometime around the holidays.
And people will be very upset :laugh:
If that's the case, though, it'll be because he's not worth the cost of trading him; which is really no big deal because his contract is chump change, relatively. This is all assuming he doesn't prove much this season.

If he manages to play to his skill level and earns his spot or ups his trade value, then all's gravy.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
How ironic. If Teddy played for any other team, he'd be the perfect Lou Lamoriello December change of scenery bargain bin acquisition.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll take a 7th for him over a waste of space goon!:laugh:

Lord Ned Stark*

Teddy would b good on another team that can convert on the power play because he draws mad hooks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad